Game 7 of the Carolina series on NHL Network

BetweenThePipes00

Actually, I feel the opposite about the Bills game later.

No Edwards - It has got to be an advantage in some way.

The thing about that game seven that haunts me is that we were leading 2-1 at the end of two periods.

They almost pulled it off with our defense that game and no TC.

Buffalo Sabres Game 7 Scratches

T Connolly Concussion

T Numminen Healthy

A Peters Healthy

J Novotny Hip Injury

D Kalinin Ankle Injury

J Mckee Staff Infection

H Tallinder Arm Injury

T Vanek Healthy

Game Seven defense:

Campbell, Lydman, Paestch, Fitzpatrick, Janik, Jillson

Damn shame.

Actually, I feel the opposite about the Bills game later.

No Edwards - It has got to be an advantage in some way.

The thing about that game seven that haunts me is that we were leading 2-1 at the end of two periods.

T Connolly Concussion

T Numminen Healthy

A Peters Healthy

J Novotny Hip Injury

D Kalinin Ankle Injury

J Mckee Staff Infection

H Tallinder Arm Injury

T Vanek Healthy

Game Seven defense:

Damn shame.

Teppo was a healthy scratch? What were the circumstances behind Fitz, Janik and Jillson playing instead of Teppo?

Teppo was a healthy scratch? What were the circumstances behind Fitz, Janik and Jillson playing instead of Teppo?

Teppo did not play much in the series.

He was suffering from a groin injury.

McKee had the infection from a cut on his leg.

Tallinder broke his arm in game 3.

I don't recall the severity of Kalinin's ankle injury much.

It took some digging but Teppo was out with a groin injury suffered in Game 1 and re-aggravated in Game 6. In Game 6 he played a little over 4:00 and spent the rest of the game on the bench.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=260530002

Game Notes

Buffalo played without two regular defenseman _ Henrik Tallinder (broken arm) and Dmitri Kalinin (ankle) -- and then lost Teppo Numminen. Returning after missing four games with a groin injury, Numminen was limited to just 4:13 of ice time in the first period and spent the rest of the game watching from the bench. ...

Teppo did not play much in the series.

He was suffering from a groin injury.

McKee had the infection from a cut on his leg.

Tallinder broke his arm in game 3.

I don't recall the severity of Kalinin's ankle injury much.

It couldn't have been much worse than his severe lack of playing ability whatsoever.

T Connolly Concussion

T Numminen Healthy

A Peters Healthy

J Novotny Hip Injury

D Kalinin Ankle Injury

J Mckee Staff Infection

H Tallinder Arm Injury

T Vanek Healthy

Game Seven defense:

Damn shame.

I still cannot watch this game, or this series - too soon.

Maybe, maybe.. after we win the Cup.

T Connolly Concussion

T Numminen Healthy

A Peters Healthy

J Novotny Hip Injury

D Kalinin Ankle Injury

J Mckee Staff Infection

H Tallinder Arm Injury

T Vanek Healthy

Game Seven defense:

Damn shame.

I swear I thought I remembered Teppo playing in that game, but if Fitzpatrick, Janik, & Jillson were on the ice, then there's no way Teppo was on the ice. I definitely remember banging my head on something when I heard about McKee's infection.

Funny thing is...Janik scored their first goal.

I cannot watch this. The game still fills my heart with pain.

I will never forget being at the bar with about 15-20 people. We didn't talk until about 15 min later. Nothing could've stopped them except injuries. DAMMIT MCKEE WASH YOUR PADS!!!!

Teppo most definitely didn't play, I was (un)fortunate enough to be at that game. Found out about McKee via text message in the RBC centers parking lot...good thing I was already on the road to drunkenness by then.

Good series though. That was the first year I had seasons, and some buddies have family down there...we were at 6 of the 7 games.

Kalinin played just fine that year and most of his Sabres career. He just never lived up to his abilities.

Kalinin, post-lockout

Year Team League GP G A Pts +/- PIM SHOTS PCT

2007-08 Buffalo NHL 46 1 7 8 -7 32 60 1.67

2006-07 Buffalo NHL 82 7 22 29 +19 36 86 8.14

2005-06 Buffalo NHL 55 2 16 18 +14 54 47 4.26

Until game 7 and that series I sort of took Canes as my second team. However after losing the way we did and getting threatened at a local sports bar when we were leading after 2 periods ended any ability for me to support the canes again. Winning the cup hurt just as bad since Edmonton was a skate in the park for them

Until game 7 and that series I sort of took Canes as my second team. However after losing the way we did and getting threatened at a local sports bar when we were leading after 2 periods ended any ability for me to support the canes again. Winning the cup hurt just as bad since Edmonton was a skate in the park for them

Edmonton took them to 7 games and really should have won it in 6 if they didn't melt down late in Game 1.

Edmonton took them to 7 games and really should have won it in 6 if they didn't melt down late in Game 1.

I love this revisionist history as well. Everyone talks about that year like if we won that game seven we would have run right through Edmonton. Looking back, I'm kind of grateful we lost that game because I think the Sabres would have lost to Edmonton. And speaking from personal experience, losing ECFs hurts less than losing SCFs

I love this revisionist history as well. Everyone talks about that year like if we won that game seven we would have run right through Edmonton. Looking back, I'm kind of grateful we lost that game because I think the Sabres would have lost to Edmonton. And speaking from personal experience, losing ECFs hurts less than losing SCFs

According to that theory then you shouldn't want the Sabres to even make the playoffs!

It couldn't have been much worse than his severe lack of playing ability whatsoever.

Kalinin was probably our best defenseman in the playoffs that year until he broke the ankle. Just like the other internet whipping boy Kotalik, he was a beast in the playoffs, playing a very rarely seen strong physical game.

Two things here.

Found out about McKee on this here board. I forgot who started the thread, but it was about 8.30 in the AM when the thread was started that Jay would not play that night. We all went blasting away at the post starter, saying what a douche for starting a rumor like that, Jay came out of game 6 fine. Then over the nest couple of hrs as the rumors starting gaining credibility, can remember the sinking feeling. Then the announcement that Jay was out, just starting drinking right there and then and cursing my Buffalo fandom again.

Go into the game thinking we had no shot, then euphoria beyond belief when we score that goal to end the second, then total depression when Soupy let fly over the boards. Dam, let em do it to me again :censored: :death:

But, mu most memorable play from that year was Max laying out to block a shot from the point...thats when I though we were winning the cuop...The odds of =Max laying out to block a shot had to be greater than Buffalo winning a championship :oops:

According to that theory then you shouldn't want the Sabres to even make the playoffs!

Of course I wanted them to win that series, and of course I want them to make the playoffs,.. but I will say,.. I have really enjoyed watching the playoffs the last two years. Without the stress of wondering if my team was going to win or lose, I could just sit back, relax and watch some pretty good hockey.

Archived