Media predictions are starting to come in

So, the Hockey News started their 09-10 predictions already:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27434-The-Hockey-News-200910-NHL-regular-season-predictions-No-4.html

They have the Sabres at seven(7). Optimistic? Eh, I had them at seven(7) the past 2(two) seasons. Without one more significant roster change I think they're pushing eight(8). They have the potential, IMHO, to finish in the top five(5), but with Roy in the locker room bringing everyone down, and Lalime our number 2(two), I think their chances of finishing in the top eight(8) at all are dicey.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27434-The-Hockey-News-200910-NHL-regular-season-predictions-No-4.html

They have the Sabres at seven(7). Optimistic? Eh, I had them at seven(7) the past 2(two) seasons. Without one more significant roster change I think they're pushing eight(8). They have the potential, IMHO, to finish in the top five(5), but with Roy in the locker room bringing everyone down, and Lalime our number 2(two), I think their chances of finishing in the top eight(8) at all are dicey.

what does this mean? I never heard anything about Roy "bringing everyone down".

Roy bringing everyone down? What are you referring to?

Roy bringing everyone down? What are you referring to?

You mean you haven't been exposed to the idea that Roy is part of the problem in the locker room? It's not a new idea, and I'm far from the only person who agrees with it.

You mean you haven't been exposed to the idea that Roy is part of the problem in the locker room? It's not a new idea, and I'm far from the only person who agrees with it.

Connelly, maybe. But I've never heard this about Roy. Nor would I believe it.

Connelly, maybe. But I've never heard this about Roy. Nor would I believe it.

I recall recently that Paul Hamilton didn't get into specifics, but said something to the effect that Regier would not be opposed to trading Roy because of his out of the rink actions and how it affected the newer players. He equated it to how Rhett Warrener was expendable for the same reasons.

I recall recently that Paul Hamilton didn't get into specifics, but said something to the effect that Regier would not be opposed to trading Roy because of his out of the rink actions and how it affected the newer players. He equated it to how Rhett Warrener was expendable for the same reasons.

First I've heard of it, tbh.

So why exactly was Warrener traded then?

First I've heard of it, tbh.

So why exactly was Warrener traded then?

What I took out of what he said, it was that Rhett was a making bad decisions outside of the rink and it was starting to rub off on other players. It was more than a month ago, so I doubt it's going to be easy to find on the WGR website.

What I took out of what he said, it was that Rhett was a making bad decisions outside of the rink and it was starting to rub off on other players. It was more than a month ago, so I doubt it's going to be easy to find on the WGR website.

He almost infected the whole team with SARS. Boot his ass out of Buffalo!

Either way, Derek Roy's actions on the ice is what needs to improve this season. He was supposed to be the undisputed #1 center but Connolly comes back from his most recent injury and easily takes over the #1 job. If Connolly gets hurt again, Roy will really need to step up and live up to expectations this season. Going back to the original topic, I have no idea where THN thinks the Sabres will improve to 7th when they didn't do anything to improve the team (once again) this offseason. Profantasyconsultants.com has the Sabres ranked at 11th, a little more realistic I think, until at least the Sabres make an addition or two (they also have a pretty cool preseason report on the Sabres you guys should check out). Here's hoping the Sabres quit being cheap and go out and get a more established offensive defenseman, maybe even Mathieu Schneider or something, even though he's gettin old.

Either way, Derek Roy's actions on the ice is what needs to improve this season. He was supposed to be the undisputed #1 center but Connolly comes back from his most recent injury and easily takes over the #1 job. If Connolly gets hurt again, Roy will really need to step up and live up to expectations this season.

Really? I don't remember anyone saying that. With Timmy out, he was the de facto #1, but I wouldn't have ever said that he would be guaranteed the spot if they both stayed healthy. He's certainly proven more than Timmy, but they've always been high on Timmy's potential. In my mind, the old Briere/Drury combo was replaced by the Connolly/Roy combo ... or, at least, that's how it was supposed to work, but Timmy's body has not cooperated.

huh?

Roy bringing the team down???

Where are you from?

Roy has been one of their most consistent performers. Now that his diving behavior of a couple of years ago is gone, I think he really has emerged as a reliable player in this organization and is one of the bright spots.

Well yeah, how would you feel if you weren't invited to the tug party.......... :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's if you were invited... :unsure: I dunno I can't keep up with you kids and your new fangled fads.... yes sir when I was young women were women, men were men and sheep were scared..

You all are easily distracted, and are too eager to lay down in the gutter. Roy being a problem in the locker room has been mentioned before on this board, on other boards, and in blogs. Bulldog on WGR says something about it every time Roy has come up on his show since at least January. Amazingly, just because you aren't aware of, or don't remember being exposed to, the idea, doesn't mean the idea doesn't exist or isn't valid. Little children need to be reminded that the world is larger than their sphere of perception. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Instead of clucking like old ladies at a bingo game about how slow it is right now, here, at least, is a somewhat interesting topic which usually heralds the beginning of the end of the off season. You could try your hand at the topic, or, continue to crap on the thread and keep your hands dirty with that.

You all are easily distracted, and are too eager to lay down in the gutter. Roy being a problem in the locker room has been mentioned before on this board, on other boards, and in blogs. Bulldog on WGR says something about it every time Roy has come up on his show since at least January. Amazingly, just because you aren't aware of, or don't remember being exposed to, the idea, doesn't mean the idea doesn't exist or isn't valid. Little children need to be reminded that the world is larger than their sphere of perception. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Instead of clucking like old ladies at a bingo game about how slow it is right now, here, at least, is a somewhat interesting topic which usually heralds the beginning of the end of the off season. You could try your hand at the topic, or, continue to crap on the thread and keep your hands dirty with that.

Thanks Dad.

Archived