Media predictions are starting to come in

Wow - I've never been inclined to register until now. "Bringing down the locker room"....I have no first hand knowledge, so I'm not going to dispute it, but the fact that you say it like a fact I will dispute, because you really have no idea if he brings down the locker room or not. Make judgments on game film, not speculation.

Wow - I've never been inclined to register until now. "Bringing down the locker room"....I have no first hand knowledge, so I'm not going to dispute it, but the fact that you say it like a fact I will dispute, because you really have no idea if he brings down the locker room or not. Make judgments on game film, not speculation.

Welcome to the board, dethfret! What a curious user name, sort of rhymes with "death threat". Anyway glad to have coaxed you into signing on. Perhaps you could provide a list of any other topics you find taboo so I can try to avoid them.

Also, I'm glad to see that you dispute the fact that I "say it like a fact" because I did not say it or type it as "fact" but merely as opinion. Therefore, you would be correct.

huh?

Roy bringing the team down???

Where are you from?

Roy has been one of their most consistent performers. Now that his diving behavior of a couple of years ago is gone, I think he really has emerged as a reliable player in this organization and is one of the bright spots.

I know reading can be a real challenge for some people. You can, though, set up your computer to read the words for you. Perhaps listening would work better in your case.

I love that picture. Too bad it loses all impact now thanks to the new forum software posting it so small.

Personally, I find that picture offensive and one of the low moments in board history.

sizzle, you keep bobbing and weaving, rope a doping around the story here. Why so coy? People just want to know what "bringing down the lockerroom" means. You've heard things on boards and through Bulldog. What are they saying?

Weird thread.

You all are easily distracted, and are too eager to lay down in the gutter. Roy being a problem in the locker room has been mentioned before on this board, on other boards, and in blogs. Bulldog on WGR says something about it every time Roy has come up on his show since at least January. Amazingly, just because you aren't aware of, or don't remember being exposed to, the idea, doesn't mean the idea doesn't exist or isn't valid. Little children need to be reminded that the world is larger than their sphere of perception. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Instead of clucking like old ladies at a bingo game about how slow it is right now, here, at least, is a somewhat interesting topic which usually heralds the beginning of the end of the off season. You could try your hand at the topic, or, continue to crap on the thread and keep your hands dirty with that.

I listen to WGR as much as anyone on the board and I would like to think I have a pretty good idea of what is going on with the Sabres, at least as much as someone who does not have first hand knowledge. The only inclinations I have ever hear out of Hamilton and Bulldog is that his immature attitude on the ice (crying to the officials/diving) and off the ice (sausage grab) are what his issues are. You make it seem like he broods around the lockerroom kicking Sabretooth.

Well yeah, how would you feel if you weren't invited to the tug party.......... :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's if you were invited... :unsure: I dunno I can't keep up with you kids and your new fangled fads.... yes sir when I was young women were women, men were men and sheep were scared..

We need ice-girls. Or ice-men. Or ice-livestock.

This thread is bvllshit. I have never heard anywhere that Roy is a lockerroom cancer. EVAR!!!!11!!!! I listen to GR everyday. Never once have I heard that stated. You are grasping at straws and everyone is calling you out on it. Don't go in to your corner. Just address your statement.

This thread is bvllshit. I have never heard anywhere that Roy is a lockerroom cancer. EVAR!!!!11!!!! I listen to GR everyday. Never once have I heard that stated. You are grasping at straws and everyone is calling you out on it. Don't go in to your corner. Just address your statement.

Agreed.

To whoever started this thread - the answer to "You're full of sh*t" is not "I'm not full of sh*t".

Either you put up solid evidence (not hearsay or radio chitchat) or you retract/shut up.

This board would be so much better if X wasn't constantly dragging it down.

I don't think there's only one 'fan' that brings everyone down. I'n sure 'stupid' would be the choice, but call me that or 'better than optimistic' this team is in the top 6. The grit everyone's been crying about is here, Miller is an All-Star - or would you choose Tim Thomas over him in ANY game? - there are a few close to 30+ goal scorers here ... it can get pretty depressing reading some of these blips.

Agreed.

To whoever started this thread - the answer to "You're full of sh*t" is not "I'm not full of sh*t".

Either you put up solid evidence (not hearsay or radio chitchat) or you retract/shut up.

Excuse me, but why the hell do I need someone else's opinion to back up my own? If I were to find a clip of Bulldog talking about Roy's locker room influence does that then legitimize my own point of view in your eyes? Am I otherwise not allowed to come up with my own conclusion without some media twerp doing it first?

Screw you and your families if that's what you're about - media sheep. Do you have an original thought of your own?

I've thought this about Roy for quite some time. I have posted this opinion on this board before and the reaction wasn't quite the old-lady fest it is now. I have seen the opinion on other boards and in blogs, and have heard it from radio people. I suppose now you can keep your own eyes and ears open for it because I am certainly not going to do that work for you, unless you want to pay me, of course.

Here's a question, then: what do YOU think Roy's influence in the locker room is?

Excuse me, but why the hell do I need someone else's opinion to back up my own? If I were to find a clip of Bulldog talking about Roy's locker room influence does that then legitimize my own point of view in your eyes? Am I otherwise not allowed to come up with my own conclusion without some media twerp doing it first?

Screw you and your families if that's what you're about - media sheep. Do you have an original thought of your own?

I've thought this about Roy for quite some time. I have posted this opinion on this board before and the reaction wasn't quite the old-lady fest it is now. I have seen the opinion on other boards and in blogs, and have heard it from radio people. I suppose now you can keep your own eyes and ears open for it because I am certainly not going to do that work for you, unless you want to pay me, of course.

Here's a question, then: what do YOU think Roy's influence in the locker room is?

Easy there....asking for corroborating evidence isn't all that unusual here.

If it is your opinion fine.....but if your perception is based on the media - as you said (WGR, Hamilton, Bulldog) we have a bit of a paradox.

Personally I never remember Roy being blasted for locker room behaviour, but for some limitations he has...and for his former diving habit....he was the Captain when Kirchner won the memorial...so I'd give him some benefit of the doubt here.

I don't recall Warrener being a bad influence either....I think he was nominated for the King Clancy this past year too.

I'll take a stab. Very little to none. I'd like to think Rivet, Hecht, Goose, Mair, Miller and now Grier and Montador aren't going to take any #%^$#! from some little weenie with a maturity problem. There is a reason he doesn't get the "C", and unless Lindy expects the rest of the team to follow Roysie because he's a swell player, I can't fathom what influence he would have.

The only problem I can envision, is if he gets preferencial treatment or doesn't work very hard. That should only influence the youngins, not a vet with any sort of spine.

I don't think there's only one 'fan' that brings everyone down. I'n sure 'stupid' would be the choice, but call me that or 'better than optimistic' this team is in the top 6. The grit everyone's been crying about is here, Miller is an All-Star - or would you choose Tim Thomas over him in ANY game? - there are a few close to 30+ goal scorers here ... it can get pretty depressing reading some of these blips.

he meant that in fun. Welcome to the board.

I recall recently that Paul Hamilton didn't get into specifics, but said something to the effect that Regier would not be opposed to trading Roy because of his out of the rink actions and how it affected the newer players. He equated it to how Rhett Warrener was expendable for the same reasons.

What effect? Do players not like him in the locker room?

If Roy puts up 85 points in 09-10, nobody will care what the metrosexual guy is doing outside of hockey. If he wants to wear panties and design women's clothes on his own time it doesn't bother me....

What effect? Do players not like him in the locker room?

If Roy puts up 85 points in 09-10, nobody will care what the metrosexual guy is doing outside of hockey. If he wants to wear panties and design women's clothes on his own time it doesn't bother me....

What issue of Sports Illustrated is that Avatar? Do you know?

not to stomp on your post but i believe it was sarcasm.

Easy there....asking for corroborating evidence isn't all that unusual here.

If it is your opinion fine.....but if your perception is based on the media - as you said (WGR, Hamilton, Bulldog) we have a bit of a paradox.

Personally I never remember Roy being blasted for locker room behaviour, but for some limitations he has...and for his former diving habit....he was the Captain when Kirchner won the memorial...so I'd give him some benefit of the doubt here.

I don't recall Warrener being a bad influence either....I think he was nominated for the King Clancy this past year too.

There is no objective evidence. How can there be? Who from the team is going to talk about what happens in the locker room other than to say "(this player) provides leadership"? So, ANY discussion on what is good OR BAD for the locker room is purely speculative and based on anecdotal evidence.

So, we have to back up and ask ourselves a couple of things:

How can you discuss what would be good for the locker room without determining what or who is bad for the locker room? How can people like the Grier signing based on what impact he will have in the locker room, for example, without first concluding that A) the team has locker room issues, and B) Grier is the kind of person who will help solve those issues.

Staying with the Grier example: if Grier is the kind of character that can help - then what (or who) is the kind of characeter that is harming the locker room?

But the first question that must be asked is: do you think the Sabres have problems in the locker room? I believe they do.

If we all can follow the line of reasoning here, I would be happy to make my case against Roy. Doesn't matter if anyone else agrees, and I can certainly be talked out of it with proper reasoning, and I don't need the corroboration of someone else in the media, or on the internet, to believe my perception is valid - but because it is MY opinion doesn't warrant the witch hunt that this thread in the aggregate seems to imply.

Archived