Media predictions are starting to come in

Excuse me, but why the hell do I need someone else's opinion to back up my own? If I were to find a clip of Bulldog talking about Roy's locker room influence does that then legitimize my own point of view in your eyes? Am I otherwise not allowed to come up with my own conclusion without some media twerp doing it first?

Screw you and your families if that's what you're about - media sheep. Do you have an original thought of your own?

I've thought this about Roy for quite some time. I have posted this opinion on this board before and the reaction wasn't quite the old-lady fest it is now. I have seen the opinion on other boards and in blogs, and have heard it from radio people. I suppose now you can keep your own eyes and ears open for it because I am certainly not going to do that work for you, unless you want to pay me, of course.

Here's a question, then: what do YOU think Roy's influence in the locker room is?

My position is that you are simply pulling this out of thin air. Not an insult just my opinion. There is no place here for hurling insults about other posters or their families. Grow up.

Since I have never been in the Sabres lockerroom I have no opinion of him inregard to his influence on other players. I would surmise that he may at times voice his opinion. Whether his opinion is the general concensus or not I have no idea. Get this straight. This is not the Bickering Bills we are talking about here.

Next time you are in the Sabres lockerroom please let us know~!

My position is that you are simply pulling this out of thin air. Not an insult just my opinion. There is no place here for hurling insults about other posters or their families. Grow up.

But it's okay, if you disagree with the poster, to demean their thoughts. Right? Because you started right in with that.

Had you simply said you disagreed, and asked me to present my case, we wouldn't be jousting over what is proper board etiquette. I see lots of people insulting and demeaning other posters here over their thoughts and commentary, am I not allowed to give back in kind?

There is no objective evidence. How can there be? Who from the team is going to talk about what happens in the locker room other than to say "(this player) provides leadership"? So, ANY discussion on what is good OR BAD for the locker room is purely speculative and based on anecdotal evidence.

So, we have to back up and ask ourselves a couple of things:

How can you discuss what would be good for the locker room without determining what or who is bad for the locker room? How can people like the Grier signing based on what impact he will have in the locker room, for example, without first concluding that A) the team has locker room issues, and B) Grier is the kind of person who will help solve those issues.

Staying with the Grier example: if Grier is the kind of character that can help - then what (or who) is the kind of characeter that is harming the locker room?

But the first question that must be asked is: do you think the Sabres have problems in the locker room? I believe they do.

If we all can follow the line of reasoning here, I would be happy to make my case against Roy. Doesn't matter if anyone else agrees, and I can certainly be talked out of it with proper reasoning, and I don't need the corroboration of someone else in the media, or on the internet, to believe my perception is valid - but because it is MY opinion doesn't warrant the witch hunt that this thread in the aggregate seems to imply.

Don't take it personally.....it's the offseason.....

For my part I don't think Roy has emerged as a natural leader....but I don't think he's toxic either.

For his part on the ice...if anything...in terms of ice-time and the double shifting....I don't see how

Lindy can ask any more of him. If anything ...I wonder if his production would go up if he wasn't double shifted.

The guy doesn't miss shifts and I'm pretty sure he played about 20 games this past year with bruised ribs.

But it's okay, if you disagree with the poster, to demean their thoughts. Right? Because you started right in with that.

Had you simply said you disagreed, and asked me to present my case, we wouldn't be jousting over what is proper board etiquette. I see lots of people insulting and demeaning other posters here over their thoughts and commentary, am I not allowed to give back in kind?

My dad can beat up your dad.

What effect? Do players not like him in the locker room?

If Roy puts up 85 points in 09-10, nobody will care what the metrosexual guy is doing outside of hockey. If he wants to wear panties and design women's clothes on his own time it doesn't bother me....

Wow ... I swear you were thinking of Sean Avery ... and in that case, METROsexual would be a stretch.

If Buffalo is so well-supported and has been for X amount of years, I'm really hoping when I make the 8 hour trip to see a game, I'm not sitting next to one of you negative 'fans'. I'm from MA and I'd swear you were all Boston-like lovers ... when the team does well, there's Red Sox NATION, Patriots and Bruins sell-outs ALL OF A Sudden. I believe the Sabres have a great fan base - excluding lots of this crap - that will stick with them. And most of you will call us crazy ... but you'll still be watching, won't you?

There's always a lot of openings for bandwagon-jumpers, and I'd be the first to kick you off the cart.

What exactly counts as "trouble in the locker room" anyway? I'm really hoping this goes where I think it will, because old man PA will have a ball with it.

In other words, you're not really interested in an answer to the question you asked, you're just looking for fodder and an excuse to be juvenile.

Here, let me help you and your buddies feel young: the problem in the locker room is they keep running out of tissues and KY.

In other words, you're not really interested in an answer to the question you asked, you're just looking for fodder and an excuse to be juvenile.

Here, let me help you and your buddies feel young: the problem in the locker room is they keep running out of tissues and KY.

Someone's awfully sensitive today. Actually, I'm dead serious with the question.

This is an inane topic. Gay or straight, boxers or panties... who cares what the guy does in his off time. Did Atlanta not play well for Vick before he was arrested despite his Dog killing crap. Did the Jets not do their best for Favre and won't Minn guys play all out for him despite his waffling.

I don't care, nor would it be any of my business if Roy is into horses as long as he shows up and plays well. I can tolerate just about anyone on the job as long as when it comes to perform, they make their best effort to do their best to take care business. Now if he is causing dissension in the ranks by creating drama then that is one thing. But I have never heard that about Roy and he was one of the few guys that showed up every game.

So take your innuendo, because you couldn't just come out and spell it out, I had to read 4 pages just to make sure I understood the topic, and analyze someone like Stafford and answer me why he not signed yet.... My theory is that he spends too much time chasing skirts and not working hard enough.

But I have no more hard evidence then you do. I have seen him chase skirts after a pretty bad performance and his choice in women was lacking, so what....

If the guy could be more consistent and tougher like Roy he would be signed already. This thread is a joke, granted it is the summer...

Excuse me, but why the hell do I need someone else's opinion to back up my own? If I were to find a clip of Bulldog talking about Roy's locker room influence does that then legitimize my own point of view in your eyes? Am I otherwise not allowed to come up with my own conclusion without some media twerp doing it first?

Screw you and your families if that's what you're about - media sheep. Do you have an original thought of your own?

I've thought this about Roy for quite some time. I have posted this opinion on this board before and the reaction wasn't quite the old-lady fest it is now. I have seen the opinion on other boards and in blogs, and have heard it from radio people. I suppose now you can keep your own eyes and ears open for it because I am certainly not going to do that work for you, unless you want to pay me, of course.

Here's a question, then: what do YOU think Roy's influence in the locker room is?

So let me get this straight. We're "media sheep" but you're the one using WGR and blogs(of all places) for your info. :blink:

Personally, I find that picture offensive and one of the low moments in board history.

sizzle, you keep bobbing and weaving, rope a doping around the story here. Why so coy? People just want to know what "bringing down the lockerroom" means. You've heard things on boards and through Bulldog. What are they saying?

Weird thread.

Why's that?

Just curious.

Why's that?

Just curious.

If I had to guess, he took that as putting Timmy in a helmet like certain mentally challenged children are/were put in, which is often a stereotypical element of tasteless jokes/imitations. I don't believe that this is what you intended with that pic, but I could see someone taking it that way.

I'm still waiting on that explanation of what exactly we're talking about when we say he's bad in the locker room.

What are these people talking about?

What are these intangibles in the dressing room? What mentality is That Aud Smell talking about? More importantly, how come you didn't bother to question these guys about such elusive concepts in that thread?

Wow ... I swear you were thinking of Sean Avery ... and in that case, METROsexual would be a stretch.

If Buffalo is so well-supported and has been for X amount of years, I'm really hoping when I make the 8 hour trip to see a game, I'm not sitting next to one of you negative 'fans'. I'm from MA and I'd swear you were all Boston-like lovers ... when the team does well, there's Red Sox NATION, Patriots and Bruins sell-outs ALL OF A Sudden. I believe the Sabres have a great fan base - excluding lots of this crap - that will stick with them. And most of you will call us crazy ... but you'll still be watching, won't you?

There's always a lot of openings for bandwagon-jumpers, and I'd be the first to kick you off the cart.

At what point did I say I wanted "off" the bandwagon? I love the Sabres unconditionally. Derek Roy is an undersized player with a ton of skill and a chic's fashion sense. If you lived around here and saw the guy in public you would catch on to the metrosexual comment. I don't root against him at all and hope to god he goes for 30 + 50 this season.

Your commenting on the Buffalo Sabres from Mass. Ofcourse the Sabres are supported well...the WNY population is shrinking yearly and the Sabres continue to sell out game after game. The fans are die-hards and reserve the right to comment on their team as they see fit.

You all are easily distracted, and are too eager to lay down in the gutter. Roy being a problem in the locker room has been mentioned before on this board, on other boards, and in blogs. Bulldog on WGR says something about it every time Roy has come up on his show since at least January. Amazingly, just because you aren't aware of, or don't remember being exposed to, the idea, doesn't mean the idea doesn't exist or isn't valid. Little children need to be reminded that the world is larger than their sphere of perception. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Instead of clucking like old ladies at a bingo game about how slow it is right now, here, at least, is a somewhat interesting topic which usually heralds the beginning of the end of the off season. You could try your hand at the topic, or, continue to crap on the thread and keep your hands dirty with that.

So let me get this straight. We're "media sheep" but you're the one using WGR and blogs(of all places) for your info. :blink:

You don't have it straight. Try re-reading.

You're right, I forgot about the message boards you mentioned as well.

Baaah!...Baaah!

You're right, I forgot about the message boards you mentioned as well.

Baaah!...Baaah!

I don't know how to dumb down what you're supposedly reading any further. Let me consult my dog, perhaps she can help put it in more simple terms for you.

Archived