We have some new forum software on the way...

SDS

Sweet, SDS. The other one looks great.... how about a new banner too while we're at it? lol

SDS, i'm not the greatest computer mind in the world, so i'll just ask.... in one of the links you posted, i realized there is an application for cell phones. Do you know if that also will work for blackberry's?

Sweet, SDS. The other one looks great.... how about a new banner too while we're at it? lol

SDS, i'm not the greatest computer mind in the world, so i'll just ask.... in one of the links you posted, i realized there is an application for cell phones. Do you know if that also will work for blackberry's?

what it is is that it detects what kind of device you are using (cpu, phone, etc....) and feeds you a different skin based on that. Right now they have phones listed to receive the lo-fi skin.

The skin conversion is coming along nicely. I assume it will be done today, but it will take a week for me to get to implementing it.

I'm kind of curious about how much people notice things like this. If I were to run into you on the street and you asked me what color the board was, I wouldn't be able to answer. That's kind of sad now that I'm actually paying attention the the colors.

I'm kind of curious about how much people notice things like this. If I were to run into you on the street and you asked me what color the board was, I wouldn't be able to answer. That's kind of sad now that I'm actually paying attention the the colors.

you shouldn't really notice it all that much. If it is done right, the colors should just put you in that team's mindset and be appealing enough for you to forget it.

you shouldn't really notice it all that much. If it is done right, the colors should just put you in that team's mindset and be appealing enough for you to forget it.

Yeah, and I'm sure plenty of people pay more attention to it than I do. I'm just one of those bare minimum people when it comes to places like this. Just give me a window to type in and a couple buttons for formatting and I'm all set. If I ever had a request, and I don't know how doable this is, it would be for a change of the buttons for inserting a link or picture. I'm used to it at this point, but what exactly is that picture in the insert a link button? I always have to hover over it to make sure I'm not using the wrong button.

Yeah, and I'm sure plenty of people pay more attention to it than I do. I'm just one of those bare minimum people when it comes to places like this. Just give me a window to type in and a couple buttons for formatting and I'm all set. If I ever had a request, and I don't know how doable this is, it would be for a change of the buttons for inserting a link or picture. I'm used to it at this point, but what exactly is that picture in the insert a link button? I always have to hover over it to make sure I'm not using the wrong button.

Same here. It is changed for the new version.

I'm with shrader. The core activity here is a simple exchange of text. If the new board somehow improves this basic function, great. If it makes the board more stable in the background, easier to moderate and what have you, great. Everything else is just window dressing and rearranging deck chairs. I'm not crazy about change for change sake -- seen that on too many other forums -- but I have the highest trust in SDS that this is not the case here.

On a side note, how come some of the internal links at the top of the SabreSpace home page don't work anymore (Fan Zone/Wallpaper on down...)?

I'm with shrader. The core activity here is a simple exchange of text. If the new board somehow improves this basic function, great. If it makes the board more stable in the background, easier to moderate and what have you, great. Everything else is just window dressing and rearranging deck chairs. I'm not crazy about change for change sake -- seen that on too many other forums -- but I have the highest trust in SDS that this is not the case here.

On a side note, how come some of the internal links at the top of the SabreSpace home page don't work anymore (Fan Zone/Wallpaper on down...)?

I don't want to come across as someone trying to rain all over any of these changes. It's more curiousity than anything. As long as the simple posting is maintained, I'm all for any changes that make things better for anyone else, well, except That Aud Smell. I never have liked those BC graduates.

because after the crash - I didn't have the heart to reinstall the gallery software, since it was such a PIA to use and configure. That is why I may just get the gallery add-on here and then everyone can post pics, wallpapers, or whatever to share. Then I don't really have to worry too much about skins, and permissions, and integration...

We need an update for sure, even for just closing security holes. The main interaction is basically unchanged, but just a few more background features and a slew of admin upgrades.

Unless we're talking about Lindy.

Archived