We have some new forum software on the way...

SDS

1st, let me say that I know many people don't like change. However, I think everyone will eventually get used to any changes and settle in nicely with the software.

2nd, The skin is currently under development, so what you see is just the bland default skin. The skin will look almost exactly like we have now. So, keep that in mind when you see navy and green and not blue and gold. The skin should be done soon.

The improvements are many. The backend is greatly improved as well as the mod functions. The interface is designed to be cleaner. The code - more secure. So, go and try it and please keep an open mind. It will work out just fine. Trust me - it always does. I didn't just want to spring this on you.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/test/board/upload/

you can read about many of the changes here:

http://mwadetest.invisionzone.com/IPB3.pdf

Prolly a stupid question, but do we have to register again?

No. Everything will convert over.

however, I'm looking into maybe changing the way you login. I'm thinking username=email address would be better. Then people can keep track of what email they registered with better, instead of relying on me to get them forgotten passwords on accounts with invalid addresses.

I think we should have a fund raiser or something considering Scott pays for this out of his own pocket.

No, I'm good. We bring in enough across both sites to do these types of things. I really am only paying for the skin to be converted (I don't have the time to do it myself). I bought a lifetime license several years ago, so all the upgrades are included.

No, I'm good. We bring in enough across both sites to do these types of things. I really am only paying for the skin to be converted (I don't have the time to do it myself). I bought a lifetime license several years ago, so all the upgrades are included.

They can just give the money to me instead. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, thanks for all the work you've put into this place. I don't know how it's stayed so civilized for so long, but obviously you and the mods are doing something right.

Will there be a video feed for that?

I'm thinking something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%27s_No_Disgrace_Like_Home

When standard treatments prove useless, Dr. Monroe resorts to shock therapy and wires the Simpsons to electrodes. The family is soon sending shocks to one another, it eventually causes the entire parts of Springfield to lose power due to rapid shocking. Resigned to the fact that the Simpsons are incurable, the doctor reluctantly gives them double their money back. With $500 in his pocket, Homer takes his blissful family to buy a new 21-inch screen television set.

That was an awesome episode...

someone asked about image upload...

you can see what it does and how much nicer it is, as I made a test post. Automatic thumbnail with a lightbox display. :thumbsup:

Feel free to reg a temp id over there if you want to look around even more than what is on the surface.

No. Everything will convert over.

however, I'm looking into maybe changing the way you login. I'm thinking username=email address would be better. Then people can keep track of what email they registered with better, instead of relying on me to get them forgotten passwords on accounts with invalid addresses.

I have no idea what email address I used to register 4 years ago though

Archived