Chicago may have made a big mistake ...

carpandean

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283634

Sources tell TSN the NHL and the NHLPA are investigating what might have been an enormous mistake by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Chicago tendered qualifying offers to several key players this week, including Kris Versteeg, Cam Barker, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Aaron Johnson and Troy Brouwer, however the investigation underway is to determine whether the qualifying offers were filed correctly.

If not, there is the remote possibility the qualifying offers could be ruled invalid and the players listed above, conceivably, could be deemed unrestricted free agents because of the blunder.

Wow, that would create a whole new FA frenzy. Probably won't happen, but that would be crazy.

Honestly, the best thing for the league, if there was some paperwork snafu, is to act like there wasn't. The league is not made better by a team losing all its RFAs over this. The sort of basic functioning of the league has to work right all the time, the guys who effed it up deserve punishment separate from that.

Honestly, the best thing for the league, if there was some paperwork snafu, is to act like there wasn't. The league is not made better by a team losing all its RFAs over this. The sort of basic functioning of the league has to work right all the time, the guys who effed it up deserve punishment separate from that.

I agree, but the union is also involved and they would never go for that ... it would be considered collusion.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283634

Wow, that would create a whole new FA frenzy. Probably won't happen, but that would be crazy.

I agree, but the union is also involved and they would never go for that ... it would be considered collusion.

Wow, when I read the header I thought this was going to be about keeping Huet vs. the Bulin wall which in my mind was a mistake but this would be wild...

I agree with Silver it would be better to brush under the rug but Pipes nailed it with the union question.. This will be interesting to see it play out.... almost as good as the heatly soap..

NHLPA filed a grievance:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283900

Sources tell TSN the National Hockey League Players Association has filed a grievance over the Chicago Blackhawks mishandling of a number of its qualifying offers and intends to argue the players affected by the mishap, who remain unsigned, should be ruled unrestricted free agents.

man the NHLPA could completely ruin the hawks.

The rules are the rules...if the "little" clubs like the Sabs have to play by them, then so should the Blackhawks. Their Johnny-come-lately "Hey! Are the Cubs out of season already?" fans won't know the difference.

(I LOVE Chicago. Not a hockey city unless that team is winning.)

What's the point of having rules and deadlines if there are no consequences for those that do not adhere to them?

TSN says barker signed a 3 year 9.25 extension probably could've gotten more. I hope Versteeg goes UFA though we probably wouldn't be able to land him

Versteeg is gone too, just signed what looks like the same 3-year deal for $9.25M that Barker got.

LINK

Versteeg is gone too, just signed what looks like the same 3-year deal for $9.25M that Barker got.

LINK

Man these guys are gonna be stacked this year. I cannot wait until it all pans out next year. Whose is left standing when the music stops? They will be a good trading partner I bet.

Man these guys are gonna be stacked this year. I cannot wait until it all pans out next year. Whose is left standing when the music stops? They will be a good trading partner I bet.

They are going to have to be ....Chicago is over the cap.

Toronto is carrying 9 defensemen?

Plenty of Free Agents left.....the market has turned.

Derek Morris's agent publicly announces he isn't nervous......clear sign he is probably pooping bricks.

Derek Morris's agent publicly announces he isn't nervous......clear sign he is probably pooping bricks.

Darcy's got 'em right where he wants 'em!

Only problem is that he has to find someone to take one of his albatross contracts in order to make a move.

Solving this problem is what he's getting paid to do.

Wow, you have really been on a Tootsie Roll of Turds of late!

This brings up one of the great expressions my mum uses. "If a dog had a square ass, he'd #%^$#! bricks."

Wow, you have really been on a Tootsie Roll of Turds of late!

This brings up one of the great expressions my mum uses. "If a dog had a square ass, he'd #%^$#! bricks."

Nice.

I eat plenty of fiber.

I'm like clockwork.

I also watch Murder She Wrote and Madlock.

Archived