How many new skaters will the Sabres bring in this offseason?

nfreeman

How many FNGs?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. We all want "hope", "change", etc. Are these just empty words? Will the Sabres do more than promote from within? Or will they add real new blood, from outside the organization, to the top 12 forwards and/or top 6 defensemen? If so, how many total new players will be in the lineup in October?

• more than 4

Well, the draft is 9 days from now, and free agency is 5 days after that. I'm not expecting Darcy to move heaven and earth, and I think we'll see more turnover from promotions from Portland than from FAs or trades, but I als think we'll see some new blood from outside the organization. (I mention the draft not because I think anyone we draft this year will be in the lineup, but because trades are often made at the draft.)

The question is, out of the top 18 skaters who will play on opening night, how many will be new additions from outside the organization? Not how many do you want, but what will actually happen?

I just don't see them adding anyone. I think he has faith in his "core" and they will rise to the occasion next season. I keep checking the "rumor" section of various sites hoping to hear that he is in talks with someone who we maybe should keep like spaceman (spacek), but nothing..... I am expecting nothing significant on ufa day and in the following days it will appear as a "rebuilding" because of all the young guys being bumped up to the roster.

I just don't see them adding anyone. I think he has faith in his "core" and they will rise to the occasion next season. I keep checking the "rumor" section of various sites hoping to hear that he is in talks with someone who we maybe should keep like spaceman (spacek), but nothing..... I am expecting nothing significant on ufa day and in the following days it will appear as a "rebuilding" because of all the young guys being bumped up to the roster.

pretty much nailed it

I voted for 1 new acquisition and I don't think it will be anyone more than a 3rd/4th line forward or a 5/6/7 blueliner.

. <_<

i guess i can see this as a strong possibility, especially since they will probably have to fill in the ranks in portland, BUT i am sure it will be no one significant and they gotta be cheap.

I was optimistic last year and they disappointed me. I am playing the pessimist this year.

No more than one. Tim Connolly was our big FA acquisition remember. I could see DR making excuses about the market again.

I echo your sentiment, but had to correct it a bit.

Two. Phaneuf and Ovechkin. You read it here first.

That would be the bomb.. Yes I said that would be the bomb.

In all honesty, I said one and expect a Buffalo Bills first round pick kind of selection, ie, who???

Last year, we all thought Rivet was a good decision. Darcy doesn't always(read never) keep good guys, but he does bring in guys that blossom here. I think he knows that it's now or never for him and Lindy. I say he brings in at least two.

Archived