GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Habs entering the zone, OFFSIDES! This leads to Habs second goal.

Come ON! It's not like the whole team was offsides; it was only two players. Shouldn't we just let that go? It was, like, 40% offsides, right?

ThePebble19, I want to apologize for this remark. I was frustrated about the game but shouldn't have taken it out on you. 1.) We don't do that on this board. 2.) We PA Sabre fans have to stick together.

I do disagree with blaming the refs but should have kept my argument more respectful.

And, no, no way in Hell do I write this post if the Sabres had lost!

Apology accepted, but not necessary. I know where you are coming from. I was upset too.

I don't normally like to blame the refs, but they swallowed the whistle a lot tonight, and we are lucky that it didn't get more out of hand than it did. Hopefully, Patty is ok and we don't lose him for any amt. of time.

In an area surrounded by Flyers, Penguins and Capitals fans (I fully admit to being a Hershey Bears fan), you are right...we have to stand our ground.

We got the win, cheers to us.

The NYR may be the team that implodes right out of it. We have a game in hand on them and have to beat ATL for sure.

Maybe it's not Montreal we have to catch.....Rangers???? We have two games in hand on them. If we win our next two, that puts us at 80 and Rangers at 85. Their schedule is just brutal from here on out. Losing a 4-1 lead to Atlanta last night killed them. Just saying.......we win tonight and tomorrow and we are 5 behind NY & Mont. Must win BOTH to even consider scoreboard watching.

I said this after NY blew the the 4-1 lead on Atlanta the other night and I'm stickin' to it!!

lest we forget when Tallinder scored?

A lot of Sabres fans may want to forget Tallinder forever after this season.

It is a shame after how great he played post-lockout with Lydman.

Injuries altered his play and I still do not know why he has not got past it.

It is a shame, but I feel he is overdue for a change of scenery.

I did not hate him tonight though, but need a lot more from a top-four d-man.

Seriously. The reffing is abysmal. You'll call the one hand hook but not the vicious two hand slash?

I hate that about NHL reffing.

Last night against Toronto when Guastad fought Kubina, it was because Ponik ran over Miller in his crease. No call? Are you serious?

And Ponikorovsky (sp) did everything in his power to get away from Goose and when Kubina finally stepped up for him he stood there rubbing ice off his stick the whole time his team mate was getting pummeled presumably because he's a EDIT: German word for shower. I was laughing to my wife about a Loaf fan walking into the rink ahead of us wearing a 23 jersey. After the game, I was shocked that anyone would wear a 23 in public as he has as much class as Bobby Clarke did and ~1/3 the scoring touch.

OK, a regulation win would have been nice, but I'd say that we were outplayed for most of the game by a fresh team at home and still somehow came away with the win. One point for Montreal hurts, but we've got Florida, the Rangers and Montreal within reach. A long shot for sure, but we're not dead yet. T'is only a flesh wound!

Edit:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryF79JKuv8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryF79JKuv8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A lot of Sabres fans may want to forget Tallinder forever after this season.

It is a shame after how great he played post-lockout with Lydman.

Injuries altered his play and I still do not know why he has not got past it.

It is a shame, but I feel he is overdue for a change of scenery.

I did not hate him tonight though, but need a lot more from a top-four d-man.

I posted earlier in this thread that I wanted Hank to just go away..... you and I are 2 of MANY who, as you posted, completey agree. I wish I knew what has happened to him. I guess the injuries COULD be part of it.

The only part I'll disagree with is that I DID HATE HIM TONIGHT!! He got dicked on pretty badly a couple of times and contributed nothing to our win. I truly mean it when I say I'd rather see Paetsch out there.

I posted earlier in this thread that I wanted Hank to just go away..... you and I are 2 of MANY who, as you posted, completey agree. I wish I knew what has happened to him. I guess the injuries COULD be part of it.

The only part I'll disagree with is that I DID HATE HIM TONIGHT!! He got dicked on pretty badly a couple of times and contributed nothing to our win. I truly mean it when I say I'd rather see Paetsch out there.

Paetsch? I'd rather see the Sabres dress the extra forward and play with five D before I would put Paetsch out there.

7 Games and a lot of ground to be made up. Nice comeback win, sucks the Habs grabbed a point. That aside, on to the next two points. The Sabres can erase the bad memories of the first 72 games by completing the improbable run to the eighth seed. A little help from Chicago and Ottawa on Tuesday and the Sabres can march into Atlanta with a chance to cut the lead to two points. Help from the Devils and the Sabres can be three out of seventh. The game in hand on NY and Florida will be huge.

when he was on the bench in the 3rd he appeared angry not hurt.
He was being pushed off the puck like a pesky fly all night long. He looked way underclassed and definitely not a playoff material defensemen last night.
If forwards are allowed to hook without a whistle...not much of a point in having a skating defensemen back there.

Sekera can't make up his mind quick enough. he doesn't see the play in front of him and decides to turn around back into his own zone. Then get stuck in the corner and the opposition has the puck in our zone for another shot.

He's got to put up or get benched like last night. Don't get me wrong, I love him when he plays well, but these stupidass plays turning around need to stop.

Sekera can't make up his mind quick enough. he doesn't see the play in front of him and decides to turn around back into his own zone. Then get stuck in the corner and the opposition has the puck in our zone for another shot.

He's got to put up or get benched like last night. Don't get me wrong, I love him when he plays well, but these stupidass plays turning around need to stop.

Agree 100%. The guy's got talent and can really move the puck well. But, he still has a long way to go in the defensive zone. I am likely the only person on here who thinks this, but if Teppo's healthy, I'd rather give him a shot to play and scratch Sekera for a night or two to make sure he understands what he's doing wrong. No doubt, Teppo has looked really slow this year, but he makes better decisions with the puck in the defensive zone than Sekera. Also, it may just be me, but man, Sekera flubs, fans, and whiffs on the puck a lot. Either way, he's the future of the blueline, but he needs a night off in the box if he continues to play like he has been.

I was at the game last night. It was my first time in Montreal. I highly recommend it for any hockey fan. The arena is great and the fans are so passionate and so knowledgeable. It was just a fantastic hockey experience. The big W didn't hurt either.

Go Sabres.

Great observation. When you only see it on TV, you rarely see the up ice outlet or potential. All you see him do is retreat to the safety of the net. I was wondering quietly if he was missing the outlet pass.

Agree 100%. The guy's got talent and can really move the puck well. But, he still has a long way to go in the defensive zone. I am likely the only person on here who thinks this, but if Teppo's healthy, I'd rather give him a shot to play and scratch Sekera for a night or two to make sure he understands what he's doing wrong. No doubt, Teppo has looked really slow this year, but he makes better decisions with the puck in the defensive zone than Sekera. Also, it may just be me, but man, Sekera flubs, fans, and whiffs on the puck a lot. Either way, he's the future of the blueline, but he needs a night off in the box if he continues to play like he has been.

It's still a couple days till Wednesday and things could change, but it looks like I called it:

http://www.buffalonews.com/buffalosabres/story/623908.html

Either that, or Lindy reads the message board and likes my idea. :unsure:

Paetsch? I'd rather see the Sabres dress the extra forward and play with five D before I would put Paetsch out there.

7 Games and a lot of ground to be made up. Nice comeback win, sucks the Habs grabbed a point. That aside, on to the next two points. The Sabres can erase the bad memories of the first 72 games by completing the improbable run to the eighth seed. A little help from Chicago and Ottawa on Tuesday and the Sabres can march into Atlanta with a chance to cut the lead to two points. Help from the Devils and the Sabres can be three out of seventh. The game in hand on NY and Florida will be huge.

That's funny, because I feel the same way every time I see Hank on the ice..... <_<

Archived