GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The look on the Habs bench during the Buffalo time out looked like a street gang ready to rumble. In the second period they basically looked like the high school kids thumping on the middle school kids. It's clear the Sabres have the talent, but they are simply lacking the grit needed in the current NHL.

We'll see what the third period brings. They'll only one point behind and the Canadians are not that good of a team for them not to mount a comeback. They need to stay out of the box.

I'm not one to play the ref card much, but damn, they are giving us the shaft tonight. I counted 3 BLATANT elbows while we were still winning, and they were not called. Unreal.

They better muster up some nuts here in the next 21 minutes.

OFFICIALS

#3 Mike Leggo

#45 Justin StPierre

#70 Derek Nansen

#68 Scott Driscoll

Let me see...

at least one of them may be french-canadian.

I'm not one to play the ref card much, but damn, they are giving us the shaft tonight. I counted 3 BLATANT elbows while we were still winning, and they were not called. Unreal.

They better muster up some nuts here in the next 21 minutes.

Grow up. That's you in the avatar, I take it.

OFFICIALS

#3 Mike Leggo

#45 Justin StPierre

#70 Derek Nansen

#68 Scott Driscoll

Let me see...

at least one of them may be french-canadian.

my guess is St. Pierre

JUSTIN St. PIERRE # 45

Justin was born in Dolbeau [Quebec] and grew up just outside of Dolbeau in Albanel. He went to Normandin High School, then attended college in Alma and graduated in 1994. He played midget and junior hockey in Normandin and Dolbeau.

Not a good period for Buffalo. I'm not one for ref conspiracies, but there are a ton of calls against Montreal that are not being made while Buffalo is getting called for penalties. Buffalo deserves the penalties, but Montreal is getting away with a lot. They are taking out Sabre players illegally and there are no calls being made.

Only down one, but they have to get back in this. Miller's not getting enough support. Need to dominate play and prevent them from getting any zone time. Must win in the third period. Price is not a great goalie and they need to attack this with putting shots and pressure on the net.

Guest Sloth
Actually there are a few others beside Hecht who shouldn't be on this team either next year!

Hecht has pissed me off the entire season. I wouldn't mind the Sabres trading him for a bag of hockey pucks in the offseason.

As I thought would happen, the refs are showing favortism. John Tortorella made a comment about the refs when his team (Rangers) played Montreal. A lot of Montreal no calls and a lot of penalties against the Rangers. I think the Rangers had 12 penalties???

Not a good period for Buffalo. I'm not one for ref conspiracies, but there are a ton of calls against Montreal that are not being made while Buffalo is getting called for penalties. Buffalo deserves the penalties, but Montreal is getting away with a lot. They are taking out Sabre players illegally and there are no calls being made.

Only down one, but they have to get back in this. Miller's not getting enough support. Need to dominate play and prevent them from getting any zone time. Must win in the third period. Price is not a great goalie and they need to attack this with putting shots and pressure on the net.

JUSTIN St. PIERRE # 45

Justin was born in Dolbeau [Quebec] and grew up just outside of Dolbeau in Albanel. He went to Normandin High School, then attended college in Alma and graduated in 1994. He played midget and junior hockey in Normandin and Dolbeau.

Not to sound flip, but if I had a broken jaw I'd probably wouldn't be the same either. My guess is he doesn't become "himself" again until next year.

That doesn't explain the dropoff before the injury. 24 goals in 30 games or something seems like a long long time ago.

Hecht will be the good villain, being foreign and all. German at that. Perfect. But the goat of this game is Miller. That first goal sealed their fate. Was there any doubt after that it was over? It can't be allowed in a must win game. But giving up the random soft goal has been a hallmark of his career. Why change now?

Grow up. That's you in the avatar, I take it.

We're not losing because of the non-calls, we're losing because we sat on our lead, they got some momentum, and we (Hecht) started losing our head. Had this not been a game we HAVE to win, it would be a very entertaining game. Unfortunately, it's just frustrating right now.

That still doesn't change the fact that they are missing blatant calls. I know it happens every game, but this is a little ridiculous.

As far as Vanek goes, it is clear he is hesitant with that injury. But there comes a point that if he is going to play the way he is, you have to sit him down and give someone else his roster spot. 10-12 minutes of a 30-40% Vanek is not helping us.

Archived