[OT] Marshawn Lynch charged with felony

cdexchange

I would say this is shocking news but I think we all know better. :thumbdown:

There's a gun culture around that league. Lots of players will talk about how they're all over the place, partly because of some of these player's pasts and also the fact that a lot of them become targets thanks to them being known and rich. Yeah, this one looks bad coupled with the hit and run, but this problem goes well beyond Lynch.

As much eye blackening publicity the league has received at times...especially in light of Plaxico Burris's off field troubles you would think that Marshawn and others like him would use this incident as an object lesson in what not to do. It's no wonder some of these guys have to hire PR people to try and lessen the damage to their personal reputations.

I'm not so sure that the Bills won't look to deal Marshawn to another team. I mean has Lynch left the Bills organization with any other choice?

Ummm well seems like so far I will go contrary to the some of the opinions inferred here.

1.) He was not doing anything illegal and I will presume innocent before guilty.

2.) IMHO, Until BOR is changed he is still within his 2nd amendment right.

Ummm well seems like so far I will go contrary to the some of the opinions inferred here.

1.) He was not doing anything illegal and I will presume innocent before guilty.

Yeah, I'd just to like hear some more details before I convict him and start looking to trade him.

As much eye blackening publicity the league has received at times...especially in light of Plaxico Burris's off field troubles you would think that Marshawn and others like him would use this incident as an object lesson in what not to do. It's no wonder some of these guys have to hire PR people to try and lessen the damage to their personal reputations.

I'm not so sure that the Bills won't look to deal Marshawn to another team. I mean has Lynch left the Bills organization with any other choice?

It's not that they don't learn a lesson from all of this. I've heard quotes that make it sound like at least half of the players in this league carry weapons. That's sounds like a situation where the league needs to do a lot more than they have. Why is it that so many guys feel the need to carry?

It's not that they don't learn a lesson from all of this. I've heard quotes that make it sound like at least half of the players in this league carry weapons. That's sounds like a situation where the league needs to do a lot more than they have. Why is it that so many guys feel the need to carry?

I agree....at the very least if the players really feel a "need to carry" it should be mandatory that they take a firearms safety course. However the players union would probably pitch a fit and basically tell the league good luck with that. But the premise of your question is a very good one.....why do they feel the need to carry?

I'm curious how that stat matches up to the overall public? Is this really more than what we see with John Q public or is it allot of the media attention it gathers.

I'm curious how that stat matches up to the overall public? Is this really more than what we see with John Q public or is it allot of the media attention it gathers.

Sounds more like Player Attention Deprivation Disorder...all of the media attention is a byproduct of this disorder.

Sounds more like Player Attention Deprivation Disorder...all of the media attention is a byproduct of this disorder.

Possibly or I'm wondering if we looked at the demographics of the average NFL players neighborhoods growing up would this be the norm or even less then the norm in regards to where they call home. Now factor in that there back in the hood with the notoriety and money of NFL player does that go with it, maybe become a target and you have a reason why allot of the players are packing... Not justifying it just saying. :rolleyes:

Fellas. Fellas, Fellas...

His gun, in his car, it was loaded and he was arrested... That's all the NFL needs... He will be suspended...

As a Prosecutor, I can tell you that (at least in florida) it's not that easy wjaq. There are a ton of variables from the initial basis for the traffic stop, the basis for the seach, and finally the location of the gun, that will dictate where this is headed. Time will tell I suppose. Why don't these idiots just get concealed carry permits?

As a Prosecutor, I can tell you that (at least in florida) it's not that easy wjaq. There are a ton of variables from the initial basis for the traffic stop, the basis for the seach, and finally the location of the gun, that will dictate where this is headed. Time will tell I suppose. Why don't these idiots just get concealed carry permits?

Have you ever tried to get a concealed carry permit in NY? Much less CA, where they're even crazier about gun laws.

Unless you count carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

I totally agree. If they want to carry concealed, get the license.

From the NFL.com story:

Lynch's lawyer, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said his client was not involved in a traffic accident and was in California visiting friends.

"This incident did not involve any violence," Schwartzbach told NFL Network. "Although I am in the process of gathering facts, my current understanding is that the weapon wasn't on Marshawn's person, he was not driving. This weapon was in the trunk."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

There's a gun culture around that league. Lots of players will talk about how they're all over the place, partly because of some of these player's pasts and also the fact that a lot of them become targets thanks to them being known and rich. Yeah, this one looks bad coupled with the hit and run, but this problem goes well beyond Lynch.

Its not just the league, its the entire country that feels a need to have a gun for "protection"

LOL by FAR!!!!!

The NBA had it's problems and still have a few bad apples, like every league but seriously the NFL. Every week you get some breaking news about some NFL player in trouble with the law.

Well with people like these in sports, I'm not surprised they carry guns since they have such a flagrant disrespect for other people. And I don't care how caught up in the game, emotion, adrenaline, etc... you don't do this sh!t.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXE2hq3IKuE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXE2hq3IKuE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived