Miller and Pominville are your two big signings for next year...

LabattBlue

When TC comes back, averages a point a game, and has this team headed to the playoffs as the hottest team in the league come late March, I want all you haters to make formal apologies. Hand written in your best penmanship.

GO SABRES!!!

What about games 2-7 in the eastern conference quarterfinals then?

I'm not sure I even get it.

if memory serves, following his big talk and disappearing act when we defeated the rangers in 2007, kristian and/or other members have been replying with "who's this avery guy?" in response to any mention of his name.

EDIT: p.s. i likewise need an explanation as to what "turning japanese" is about.

I wonder how you go about signing someone who already has a contract.

I know that if a team waives a player and he is picked up, the original team is stuck with half (I believe) of his salary, but without going back through the CBA, I don't know if that is for the season only or for the remainder of the contract. Either way, if it would be cheaper to do that than to buy out his contract this summer, then I'm sure a team could go to Dallas and let them know that they would pick him up if waived, and Dallas would waive him. Otherwise, teams (if there are any) will have to wait until this summer to pick him up.

However ...

I don't want him anywhere near this team.

I know that if a team waives a player and he is picked up, the original team is stuck with half (I believe) of his salary, but without going back through the CBA, I don't know if that is for the season only or for the remainder of the contract. Either way, if it would be cheaper to do that than to buy out his contract this summer, then I'm sure a team could go to Dallas and let them know that they would pick him up if waived, and Dallas would waive him. Otherwise, teams (if there are any) will have to wait until this summer to pick him up.

However ...

I think that only applies to re-entry waivers and I'm not sure if that applies to the whole contract or just this years. Someone like Shrader or Taro will have to answer that.

That being said, i can't imagine anyone picking him up and I'm not sure he really wants to play. It would surprise me to find out he orchestrated this whole thing to get two thirds of his contract and ride off into the sunset.

When TC comes back, averages a point a game, and has this team headed to the playoffs as the hottest team in the league come late March, I want all you haters to make formal apologies. Hand written in your best penmanship.

GO SABRES!!!

I want whatever you're drinking/smoking/injecting or inserting. :D

Archived