If Kotalik or Stafford would only do this

nfreeman

This guy is rapidly becoming one of my top 3 most-coveted players in the NHL (not including the true superstars like Crosby, AO and Zetterberg).

Hmmm ... let's see ... the guy has:

1) Gaustad's size

2) Paille's ability to hit

3) Kaleta's willingness to hit

4) Rob Ray's fighting skill

Gee, let me think about it ... :worthy:

1) Gaustad's size

May Day?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Forwards who are tough as nails, but who can also play hockey and score 20+ goals and 40+ points are truly hard to find. Brendan Morrow, Dustin Brown, Jerome Iginla, Mike Richards, Tkachuk/Guerin(in their heyday) are every coaches dream. I'm not sure DR even drafts players like this in the late rounds of a draft let alone in the early rounds. The focus continues to be on smaller/finesse/skill players...Gerbe, Ennis, Breault, Byron, Schutz and the same type of player on the blueline outside of Weber...Persson, Gragnani, Schiestel, Sekera, etc...(I am not sure what gorupl Butler fits into as I have never seen him play)

It never appears(on the surface at least) that DR is acknowledging that the "new" NHL is gone and things are slowly creeping back to the ways of the "old" NHL.

Forwards who are tough as nails, but who can also play hockey and score 20+ goals and 40+ points are truly hard to find. Brendan Morrow, Dustin Brown, Jerome Iginla, Mike Richards, Tkachuk/Guerin(in their heyday) are every coaches dream. I'm not sure DR even drafts players like this in the late rounds of a draft let alone in the early rounds. The focus continues to be on smaller/finesse/skill players...Gerbe, Ennis, Breault, Byron, Schutz and the same type of player on the blueline outside of Weber...Persson, Gragnani, Schiestel, Sekera, etc...(I am not sure what gorupl Butler fits into as I have never seen him play)

It never appears(on the surface at least) that DR is acknowledging that the "new" NHL is gones and things are slowly creeping back to the ways of the "old" NHL.

You might want to take a look at the last two drafts:

Myers- 6'7 204

Ennis- 5'9 146

Adam- 6'2 203

Fienhage- 6'2 190

Jokinen- 6'2 165

Southorn- 6'3 181

Lagace- 5'11 190

Crawford- 6'1 183

Brennan- 6'0 205

Schiestel- 6'2 193

Tropp- 6'0 185

Eidsness- GOALIE

Allard- 6'2 185

Byron- 5'9 170

Eno- GOALIE

Mackenzie- 6'2 200

Yes, they obviously have a thing for those undersized skill guys, but there's quite a bit of size in these two drafts. It's tough to figure out too much from their weights since they're about to bulk up quite a bit, but these are some bigger players. Outside of Ennis, I'd say the intent of this year's draft was pretty obvious. They've mixed in one undersized guy each draft, and I'm not going to fault them for that.

Now, I've only seen Tropp and Fienhage play, so I can't speak for the style of play of most of these guys. I didn't get a good feel for Tropp, but Fienhage has a definite mean streak. The kid throws the body around quite a bit.

Myers- 6'7 204

Ennis- 5'9 146

Adam- 6'2 203

Fienhage- 6'2 190

Jokinen- 6'2 165

Southorn- 6'3 181

Lagace- 5'11 190

Crawford- 6'1 183

Brennan- 6'0 205

Schiestel- 6'2 193

Tropp- 6'0 185

Eidsness- GOALIE

Allard- 6'2 185

Byron- 5'9 170

Eno- GOALIE

Mackenzie- 6'2 200

Yes, they obviously have a thing for those undersized skill guys, but there's quite a bit of size in these two drafts. It's tough to figure out too much from their weights since they're about to bulk up quite a bit, but these are some bigger players. Outside of Ennis, I'd say the intent of this year's draft was pretty obvious. They've mixed in one undersized guy each draft, and I'm not going to fault them for that.

Now, I've only seen Tropp and Fienhage play, so I can't speak for the style of play of most of these guys. I didn't get a good feel for Tropp, but Fienhage has a definite mean streak. The kid throws the body around quite a bit.

Okay maybe they aren't small/finesse/skill players, they are just finesse/skill players! :rolleyes: I also don't know a lot about these players, but I have a gut feeling that if I read up on them, most of them won't bring back memories of Brad May. <_<

you mean Goons? :)

I agree though, these charectors need to be drafted. And, I dont mean by the route of Peters.

I thought he may have meant "cahones".

Lucic still mad about this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Myers- 6'7 204

Ennis- 5'9 146

Adam- 6'2 203

Fienhage- 6'2 190

Jokinen- 6'2 165

Southorn- 6'3 181

Lagace- 5'11 190

Crawford- 6'1 183

Brennan- 6'0 205

Schiestel- 6'2 193

Tropp- 6'0 185

Eidsness- GOALIE

Allard- 6'2 185

Byron- 5'9 170

Eno- GOALIE

Mackenzie- 6'2 200

Okay maybe they aren't small/finesse/skill players, they are just finesse/skill players! :rolleyes: I also don't know a lot about these players, but I have a gut feeling that if I read up on them, most of them won't bring back memories of Brad May. <_<

I seem to remember reading that Adam and Southorn from this year's draft are both tough SOB types.

This guy is rapidly becoming one of my top 3 most-coveted players in the NHL (not including the true superstars like Crosby, AO and Zetterberg).

I would put Lucic ahead of him. Lucic is 6'4', 220 lbs and only 20 years old. He also has 5G and 4A with 41PIM in 16 games. When's the last time the Sabres had anyone like that.

If I have to admittedly ball wash anyone in the NHL, it's Milan Lucic. First let me say that I despise every team from Boston, but that kid is an all-around hockey stud. I just threw up in my mouth. :sick: :sick:

that's not puke... :ph34r:

I would put Lucic ahead of him. Lucic is 6'4', 220 lbs and only 20 years old. He also has 5G and 4A with 41PIM in 16 games. When's the last time the Sabres had anyone like that.

I'm trying, but can't for the life of me figure out who "him" refers to. The video is of Lucic, the thread title talks about two Sabres players and the preceding post lists three "star" players. Who is "him"? :blink:

1) Gaustad's size

I forgot to put in a (5) for his offensive abilities. It's definitely well above Peters or Kaleta. Similar to Paille (at least last year.)

I'm trying, but can't for the life of me figure out who "him" refers to. The video is of Lucic, the thread title talks about two Sabres players and the preceding post lists three "star" players. Who is "him"? :blink:

I thought he was talking about Komisarek, but after re-reading the post, I think he is talking about Lucic. I must have forgot to take my meds yesterday.

that's not puke... :ph34r:

Why thank you, I just ralphed again.

Archived