The Sedin Bros. are both UFA's next season...

LabattBlue

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Canucks do???

• Re-sign one of them?
    • Re-sign both of them?
    • Dump them at the trade deadline?
    • Let them walk at the end of the season?

I was looking at nhlnumbers.com trying to come up with another trade proposal(just for you inky! :lol: ) and I noticed that the Sedins are hitting UFA status at the end of this season. Both have put up 70+ point seasons for the last 3 years. I have to believe they are looking at 7 mil a year each, maybe more? What do the Canucks do? Even more interesting, if they become FA's, do they sell themselves as a package deal?

I don't see Vancouver a lot(late game on HNiC), but I assume the Canucks want to continue to build around them.

Any thoughts?

I was looking at nhlnumbers.com trying to come up with another trade proposal(just for you inky! :lol: ) and I noticed that the Sedins are hitting UFA status at the end of this season. Both have put up 70+ point seasons for the last 3 years. I have to believe they are looking at 7 mil a year each, maybe more? What do the Canucks do? Even more interesting, if they become FA's, do they sell themselves as a package deal?

I don't see Vancouver a lot(late game on HNiC), but I assume the Canucks want to continue to build around them.

Any thoughts?

Word on the street (i.e., I read somwhere) is they will always play together and have told their agent they're a package deal.

Word on the street (i.e., I read somwhere) is they will always play together and have told their agent they're a package deal.

Yeah, I can't see them splitting up. They'll realize that they may have to take a little less than the market value if they want to stay together. Vancouver will keep them both.

They would like to stay here, but management isn't so sure just yet.

They have said they'd be willing to take a "hometown" discount so to speak.

If management wants them, they'll re-sign for somewhere in the $6 million per category.

If I was Vancouver and that was their asking price, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You probably see them a lot more than I do. Is there something I am missing? Don't always give 100%? Not good team players? Something else?

My memory is drawing a blank right now, but have any other sets of twins played in the NHL in the past?

Gotta love Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable_famil...he_NHL#Siblings

NHL Twins:

Ferraro, Chris and Peter - Played together from 1995 to 1997 with the New York Rangers, in 1997 with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and 2001 with the Washington Capitals.

Lundqvist, Joel and Henrik - have not played together in the NHL

Sedin, Daniel and Henrik - Linemates on the Vancouver Canucks, both brothers won gold medals as representatives of Team Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Sundstrom, Patrik and Peter - Played part of the 1989-90 NHL season together for the New Jersey Devils

Sutter, Rich and Ron (+ 4 other non-twin NHL brothers) - Rich & Ron were first set of twins to play in the NHL. Played together on the Flyers from 1983-86 and on St. Louis for 1991-93.

They would like to stay here, but management isn't so sure just yet.

They have said they'd be willing to take a "hometown" discount so to speak.

If management wants them, they'll re-sign for somewhere in the $6 million per category.

I think they'd be crazy to let them go, especially with the recent trend of teams retaining their stars. Who else in Vancouver even comes close to resembling a star?

Gotta love Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable_famil...he_NHL#Siblings

NHL Twins:

Ferraro, Chris and Peter - Played together from 1995 to 1997 with the New York Rangers, in 1997 with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and 2001 with the Washington Capitals.

Lundqvist, Joel and Henrik - have not played together in the NHL

Sedin, Daniel and Henrik - Linemates on the Vancouver Canucks, both brothers won gold medals as representatives of Team Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Sundstrom, Patrik and Peter - Played part of the 1989-90 NHL season together for the New Jersey Devils

Sutter, Rich and Ron (+ 4 other non-twin NHL brothers) - Rich & Ron were first set of twins to play in the NHL. Played together on the Flyers from 1983-86 and on St. Louis for 1991-93.

With the old nordique jersey's in the other post I am surprised you forgot about the famed Stasny brothers Peter and Anton, man they torched us in one playoff series in the 80's and that was another good Sabre team wasted that couldn't produce in the clutch.

I think canucks keep em..

With the old nordique jersey's in the other post I am surprised you forgot about the famed Stasny brothers Peter and Anton, man they torched us in one playoff series in the 80's and that was another good Sabre team wasted that couldn't produce in the clutch.

I didn't forget them; they're not twins. :thumbsup:

Peter is three years older than Anton.

If I was Vancouver and that was their asking price, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You probably see them a lot more than I do. Is there something I am missing? Don't always give 100%? Not good team players? Something else?

They are very good team guys. Their effort is good. It's nothing I can pinpoint. What tends to happen with them is that they play well until the playoffs come. That is when it gets very tight and they haven't flourished there yet.

They do need to find a winger who can stick with them, and that's not happening. Bernier had the shot at it, but missed too many golden opps. He's now 4th lining.

I think the Sedins do stay in Vancouver if I was a betting man.

They do need to find a winger who can stick with them, and that's not happening. Bernier had the shot at it, but missed too many golden opps. He's now 4th lining.

Pyatt and Bernier both had their shot. Who is the next Sabre we can trade to the Canucks to be the Sedin's linemate? :)

I didn't forget them; they're not twins. :thumbsup:

Peter is three years older than Anton.

:doh: I am becoming Harry Neale,,,, just missed that one little word twin brothers.

However you did throw me off with all that sutter subterfuge... :rolleyes:

Archived