Brodeur out 3-4 months

X. Benedict

so do they play Weekes for 3-4 months, or does Khabibulin finally find a place to start? (elias, rolston, gionta, parise... they have some pieces to deal)

I dont know whats going on with the Bulin wall, he seems to be playing alot in Chicago. I dont see NJ dealing those mentioned at all, perhaps Zubrus or a healthy Holik. I dont think they will do anything.

I dont know whats going on with the Bulin wall, he seems to be playing alot in Chicago. I dont see NJ dealing those mentioned at all, perhaps Zubrus or a healthy Holik. I dont think they will do anything.

As an aside.... Havlat, Kane, Toews on the same line.....interesting combination.

Presuming it takes 4 months for Brodeur to return, that makes it the beginning of March - 1 month left in the season....plenty of time for Marty to get back into playing shape for the playoffs (presuming the Devils are in it).

I doubt they do something, also, but a lot will depend on Weekes & Clemmensen.

Rolston, Elias, Parise... probably not. But Gionta is a UFA after the season, and would free up some needed cap space for Khabi... who is also a UFA at the end of the year (a perfect fill-in role). Obviously it depends on whether the front office feels Weekes can play or not, but if you're looking at March before Brodeur returns... you might be looking at missing the playoffs.

Call me Eklund, I'm going Gionta + Pandolfo for Khabi and a pick. (e5).

Wow is right, but after seeing the replay of his injury last night and hearing the "official" report that he was out with a bruised elbow I was confident it was something serious. I hope he can come back. Like someone said - you hate to see a HOF career interrupted by injury.

I don't see Pandolfo moving....he's not going to light you up much, but as far as lock down checkers go, he's pretty darn good.

He's probably worth more to the Devils than anyone else.

But will a lock down checker win games the way a goalie does? Again, everything is contingent on whether or not Weekes can play solid for that long... but if they decide they need somebody else, you have to make a decision: tank the season or give up some grit to get goaltending. Goaltender isn't a position that NJ has been real needy in for the past several years.. they'll need to give up SOMETHING to get a good starting goalie back.. and they sure as hell aren't gonna give up their top flight of forwards.

The guy I watched play goalie last night looks pretty darn good to me.. Maybe this is his big break... :blush:

Kind of like a Ty Conklin? That guy was magic last year for the Penguins when they needed him. Right now, he's putting better numbers up than Osbad. Wait, I mean Osgood.

*Osgood is a very good goalie. I just like to bash some players.

Archived