Mair facing suspension

carpandean

For this and what he allegedly did before what the camera shows:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMASo6dY5A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMASo6dY5A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I haven't found a non-Canadian link yet, but ...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2...28/7230806.html

A league official confirmed to Sun Media today that the league is reviewing the incident of Mair marching down the hallway late in the Senators' 5-2 victory at the HSBC Arena to try to get Ottawa winger Chris Neil.

Senators coach Craig Hartsburg told reporters this morning that the league has to deal with Mair.

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=915011

The National Hockey League hasn't yet announced how long the Buffalo Sabres' Adam Mair will be suspended for charging down the hallway to the Ottawa Senators' dressing room at the end of Monday's game and demanding that Chris Neil come out to fight.

However, precedent would suggest he could get two games. That's how long then-Senator Andre Roy was suspended in 2001 for chasing then-Vancouver tough guy Donald Brashear down a Scotiabank Place hallway to the Canucks' dressing room.

We really better get a center or two back fast if he does.

BTW, Mair has been suspended twice before (10 games each, I believe) for Neil-related incidents -- once in LA and earlier here in Buffalo when he beat Neil with his own helmet during a fight:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bDhJhei0c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bDhJhei0c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:

(Note: if the video "skips" at the spot where Mair takes off his helmet like it keeps doing for me, pause it at about the 0:04 mark, then hit play again.)

This is good stuff, thanks for posting. I was sitting behind the bench at the game last night and Mair was not at all happy about being tossed from that game. He was arguing with the ref for a while and refused to leave the bench area until the 2nd or 3rd warning to leave.

I have even more respect for Mair now. I think it's awesome how some of our guys seriously do not like the Senators. Too bad we don't play them again for a long while.

Looked like he wanted after Ruutu and not neil

Yeah he went in for Ruutu but i'm pretty sure Neil stopped him at the door and he had a few words with Neil. lol

I think it's cool what Mair did, it did cross the line and if he gets suspended, i don't think it's un warranted.

This is good stuff, thanks for posting. I was sitting behind the bench at the game last night and Mair was not at all happy about being tossed from that game. He was arguing with the ref for a while and refused to leave the bench area until the 2nd or 3rd warning to leave.

I have even more respect for Mair now. I think it's awesome how some of our guys seriously do not like the Senators. Too bad we don't play them again for a long while.

I get your point completely, but I'd feel a lot better if some of our OTHER players hated the Sens enough to pummel them some along the boards, and after the "game" last night, I'm quite happy we're not playing them in a while, since we're clearly clueless when it comes to Ottawa.

I get your point completely, but I'd feel a lot better if some of our OTHER players hated the Sens enough to pummel them some along the boards, and after the "game" last night, I'm quite happy we're not playing them in a while, since we're clearly clueless when it comes to Ottawa.

Come on, no we're not. They were a desperate team and we were dead tired. Simple as that. Several players even said the team looked totally flat during the morning skate. Ottawa came to Buffalo with one thing on their mind, 2 points. It's a wash game. Most, if not all goals, were caused by a mental mistake by a Sabre. On top of that, we were without 5 players. The game doesn't worry me one thing and as Rob Ray said, it's a who cares game. Just move on and don't look back. And i agree with his comment.

Come on, no we're not. They were a desperate team and we were dead tired. Simple as that. Several players even said the team looked totally flat during the morning skate. Ottawa came to Buffalo with one thing on their mind, 2 points. It's a wash game. Most, if not all goals, were caused by a mental mistake by a Sabre. On top of that, we were without 5 players. The game doesn't worry me one thing and as Rob Ray said, it's a who cares game. Just move on and don't look back. And i agree with his comment.

This game doesn't worry me at all either, and I never said it did, only that we're easy points for the Sens. Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson owns us, it's that simple.

Could be we were dead tired - sure, could be the Sens were desperate - sure.

I merely made the point that the Sens pretty much always have their way with us, regardless of the reasons.

So to sum up - Yes we are, and no I don't see a reason for alarm either, yet I'm still happy we don't have to play them again for a while as they always seem to play at the top of their game against us, and we play below our usual level against them.

We're off to a great start, and now we need to focus on bouncing back after the first bad game of the year.

I think that this just confirms two things: 1) The sabres were dead tired and had already lost the game before the teams even took the ice. 2) There are members of this team that are so passionate that even though they lost they still wanted to fight. The sabres may lose Mair for a game or two, but I'm sure that a bunch of younger guys (i.e. stafford, macarthur, sekera) looked at a teammate still ready to fight after getting his ass whooped. The vets also had to be pleased as one of their own was sticking up for them. On top of all that, you've got hecht, gaustad and connolly waiting to come off of injury and potentially play tomorrow. I know this will rub off well on them too. We may lose mair for a game, but i guarentee you that he did more for a victory tomorrow night than a hat trick against the lightning would ever do. The Sabres won't be tired tomorrow, and they'll absolutely destroy the lightning. Look for it folks, its going down tomorrow. And you can take that as a preview for the next ottawa game, cause there's going to be loads of whoopass opened that night.

You can put me in the category of just blowing this game off, too. We weren't going to win them all and maybe this gives them a little wake up call. It is still very early and we will be fine. I just hope we don't lose too many more players - we are starting to get thin. I still HATE the Senators, though.

After the comments that Neil made about Mair in the ottawa sun I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of players trying to run him the next time they meet. Hell, I'd even settle for the good ol' slapshot routine of puttin on the foil and just clothes lining him during the warm-up skate.

While I'm happy to see some anger come from these guys, I think this directly relates to why Ottawa has our number lately. Someone in the GDT (I think) mentioned that, "Neil is a difference maker." After seeing all this I completely agree. They need to get over this "it's personal" feeling while they play and focus on hockey.

It seems against other teams Peters fights the bruser in the first couple min (if you want to call it that). gets it out of the way, and after that they don't let the pests really bother them. Tucker, Avery, and others have not had that much success "bothering" the sabres but for some reason it's Ottawa game day and watch out.

This is just an example of when the Sens come around Buffalo turns into a head case and loses focus. I haven't seen this against any other team, and usually when they lose to anyone else it's usually because of A) a better goal tending effort from the opposition B) Buffalo's own mistakes in their zone. Against the sens it gets 5X uglier. Everyone is doing their own thing and looking for the opportunity to layout Neil, meanwhile their top line has target practice.

Next time they play Ottawa they need to forget about personal battles with them over the last 5 years, and channel that energy towards hockey. The revenge factor comes through the game, not making it your focus point.

While I'm happy to see some anger come from these guys, I think this directly relates to why Ottawa has our number lately. Someone in the GDT (I think) mentioned that, "Neil is a difference maker." After seeing all this I completely agree. They need to get over this "it's personal" feeling while they play and focus on hockey.

It seems against other teams Peters fights the bruser in the first couple min (if you want to call it that). gets it out of the way, and after that they don't let the pests really bother them. Tucker, Avery, and others have not had that much success "bothering" the sabres but for some reason it's Ottawa game day and watch out.

This is just an example of when the Sens come around Buffalo turns into a head case and loses focus. I haven't seen this against any other team, and usually when they lose to anyone else it's usually because of A) a better goal tending effort from the opposition B) Buffalo's own mistakes in their zone. Against the sens it gets 5X uglier. Everyone is doing their own thing and looking for the opportunity to layout Neil, meanwhile their top line has target practice.

Next time they play Ottawa they need to forget about personal battles with them over the last 5 years, and channel that energy towards hockey. The revenge factor comes through the game, not making it your focus point.

i agree. i would rather see us embarrass them by scoring.

(love the nasal bidet)

Maybe we should be wearing the Pink jerseys that Portland has. That would instill some fear into other teams and they wouldn't think of fighting with us.

post-1428-1225287630_thumbjpg

Don't get me wrong, it's for a great cause, but wow, I think that's worse than when Fredonia State did the pink jerseys.

It is one thing to see the chance during play to layout alfie with an open ice hit, but sabres are trying to make it happen. Those chances come through the game, and if you're in the right position they'll come to you.

That game was one of the most frusterating to watch :wallbash:

I love Lindy but he needs to do something different for Sens games. Either that or a vet like Rivet gives some leadership. Someone needs to grab Mair during the game when they see Mair's face turn red, and tell him to focus.

I agree, the right place to settle the score is on the ice. This actually is stupid on his part because now they know for sure they can get into his head and after the suspension(there will be one) the refs will be watching him like a hawk in the next game making it real difficult for him to do anything.

If you've played hockey you know as long as your getting ice time you will get a chance to get back at the other team by putting your emotions into a good play or a solid body check on anyone from their team. Use a clean hard check on any of their softer players to let them know you don't get mad but you do get even. If they continue to pull the BS and you can't get to them no problem with you someone else from their team will pay. That put's the onus on them to come back at you/face of with you if that's what you really are looking for. Given his experience(time in the league)he should of handled this better than this.

Isn't this the second time Mair has gone to an opponent's locker room and exchanged words with someone? The first time he went to apologize for something he said on the ice about Dan Snyder and now this?

Mair did a piss poor job of displaying "veteran leadership". The Sabres should followup any league suspension with an additional suspension of their own. You add this to Peters fighting style, Kaleta's turtling and this teams toughness leaves a lot to be desired. This team needs to learn how to take of issues on the ice. What Mair did is embarrassing.

Does anyone else remember that Matt Barnaby and Eric Cairns actually fought in a hallway a few years ago after being kicked out of a game? The result was Cairns receiving 4 games and Barnaby getting 5 games. And that was an actual fight where punches were thrown, not a yelling match. You have to figure Mair, if suspended at all, would get 1-2 games at the most, especially since he was the aggressor in the situation.

Link to news article:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...751C0A9669C8B63

Link to interesting excerpt from NY Islanders book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=a8ENz6yzo...result#PPA90,M1

I actually think Neil's comments in the newspaper are more ridiculous than what Mair did. What a stupid comment about Mair being upset with his "paycheque". I am pretty sure he is quite well off compared to most people, as I am also sure that Neil is not exactly one of the NHL's big earners. Maybe he has his eye on the summer already when he is an UFA...?

Archived