[OT] Political Discussion

carpandean

Economic Left/right -3.25

Social Libetarian/Authortarian -.10

Kinda rushed through it but maybe thats better than putting too much thought into answers....

Did pretty much the same and came up with these guys...

Economic Left/Right: -3.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

Did pretty much the same and came up with these guys...

Economic Left/Right: -3.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

:huh:

So you're all for "sharing the wealth" as long as it isn't done through any organized channel? ;)

Like Dudley said. :D

:huh:

So you're all for "sharing the wealth" as long as it isn't done through any organized channel? ;)

Like Dudley said. :D

I'll share the wealth (although I have very little so far) with anyone who deserves it. I don't want handouts for myself, I'd rather make it on my own. When I get my wealth, why would I give it to someone who never even :censored: tried?

The only thing I can really remember from Obama's infomercial was that old women without healthcare. I'll never forget the retired Ohio woman without health insurance, trying to straighten out her arthritis-crippled fingers, watching her old husband return to work to pay for her medicine. Pretty sad that has to happen in this day and age

The only thing I can really remember from Obama's infomercial was that old women without healthcare. I'll never forget the retired Ohio woman without health insurance, trying to straighten out her arthritis-crippled fingers, watching her old husband return to work to pay for her medicine. Pretty sad that has to happen in this day and age

You commie bastard.

I'll share the wealth (although I have very little so far) with anyone who deserves it. I don't want handouts for myself, I'd rather make it on my own. When I get my wealth, why would I give it to someone who never even :censored: tried?

I think most people would agree with you. There are a lot of working people who are struggling to make ends meet or who can't make ends meet at all, though. The difference in philosophies between the two candidates comes down to this: Would you rather see money end up in the hands of those working people, or would you rather see the rich (who often DON'T work) continue to get tax breaks that you and I will never enjoy?

Disturbing. Yet, there is money for a $700 billion Wall Street bailout not to mention the billions spent in Afghanistan and Iraq fighting manufactured wars. Not to mention Exxon Mobil announcing record $14 billion dollar profits. How can we continue to exist in a society that allows it citizens to struggle so just to maintain some speck of a dignified life. Is it not the job of this government to protect it's citizens? Not just from imaginary WMD's but from the daily perils of life. How can any one look at themselves in the mirror and support polices that would continually allow elderly couples to be chewed up in the gears of the current health care system.

Disturbing. Yet, there is money for a $700 billion Wall Street bailout not to mention the billions spent in Afghanistan and Iraq fighting manufactured wars. Not to mention Exxon Mobil announcing record $14 billion dollar profits. How can we continue to exist in a society that allows it citizens to struggle so just to maintain some speck of a dignified life. Is it not the job of this government to protect it's citizens? Not just from imaginary WMD's but from the daily perils of life. How can any one look at themselves in the mirror and support polices that would continually allow elderly couples to be chewed up in the gears of the current health care system.

It seems a whole lot of people just don't look in the mirror. The GOP has done a great job of portraying all social spending as welfare to make it ok for right wing nuts to spit venon at it.

Does anyone plan on voting for the candidate that is best for the country or are you just going to vote for the guy that helps you the most? The two may coincide but I believe a number of people are personalizing this election (and others) to whichever candidate they think will help them out financially. Does anyone actually care about this country or do we all get wrapped up in "looking out for number one" ideals?

It seems a whole lot of people just don't look in the mirror. The GOP has done a great job of portraying all social spending as welfare to make it ok for right wing nuts to spit venon at it.

That has always been the GOP strategy. Label it, call it evil and prey on the fears of a portion of this country. I just can't see how wanting the poor, destitute and elderly to have chance to live their lives with a little dignity is bad or evil. I don't understand how the Right, which always tries to portray a moral superiority, are so willing to allow friends, family and neighbors to fall to the way side. They continue to support polices that promote greed and War. You can put what label you want on me. I feel strongly it is the job of the government to protect us from oil companies, pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies that continually prey on us. There no need to continue to create wars and enemies, there are plenty right here in this country.

Does anyone plan on voting for the candidate that is best for the country or are you just going to vote for the guy that helps you the most? The two may coincide but I believe a number of people are personalizing this election (and others) to whichever candidate they think will help them out financially. Does anyone actually care about this country or do we all get wrapped up in "looking out for number one" ideals?

Bingo.... There actually is more substantive discussion about the real issues facing all of us people and this country on this board then I hear either of the candidates discussing in their platforms. That's where the current exclusive 2 party system has taken us. We voters need to demand more from our elected officials. The current taxes we collect will not even pay the interest on the current natinal debt. How are we going to correct that..... Thats what we all should be wanting to hear...... Nobody is talking about it.

When you vote I think you do vote for what is best for the country. How we view the country and it's needs are greatly influenced by our individual lives. I'm sure if I were wealthy I would be voting for McCain and would be excited by the prospect of the status-quo staying in power and reaping the benefits of additional tax breaks. As it is I am not wealthy and I find myself being crushed under the current economic and health care polices. To answer your question I guess I have to say my vote will be personalized because my view of the country is personalized.

Obama seems like the best to me. I don't have anything to gain from him. Hell, he could raise my taxes to cut these deficits down and I wouldn't complain. McCain I use to really like but I think the country needs to move away from the direction he would keep us going in.

anyone else catch the lie (one of many) in last nights proaganda when the retired general said the following about Obama "... he understands his duty to uphold the constitution..." ? anyone hear that? anyone educated enough to know that's a lie? Obama has stated in his own words that the constitution is too restrictive on the federal government and basically needs to be re-written.

and as for the people posting about how all he wants to do is take a little money from the super rich and help out the working people, that's crap. Yes, that might be part of his plan and I can even understand it... but that is NOT what will happen. the non-working welfare poor people will have no incentive to work when they receive a check for having more kids and sitting around. I'm sorry but there are people who don't work by choice (i'm not talking about the unfortunate people that lost their jobs that are really hardworking people), have three kids, and get gov't assistance but still have the newest cellphones, buy cigarettes and alcohol, and have nicer cars and tvs than I have and STILL complain. My wife and i both work good jobs, own our home and have what we can afford and can sleep at night knowing we are earning our way.

This country is not about giving it's citizen's what they want, it's about working your butt off to get something better. It is NOT the government's responsibility to take care of you. I'm pretty sure all of us on here are good working citizens... why should the reward for your hard work be given to someone who isn't working hard?

anyone else catch the lie (one of many) in last nights proaganda when the retired general said the following about Obama "... he understands his duty to uphold the constitution..." ? anyone hear that? anyone educated enough to know that's a lie? Obama has stated in his own words that the constitution is too restrictive on the federal government and basically needs to be re-written.

and as for the people posting about how all he wants to do is take a little money from the super rich and help out the working people, that's crap. Yes, that might be part of his plan and I can even understand it... but that is NOT what will happen. the non-working welfare poor people will have no incentive to work when they receive a check for having more kids and sitting around. I'm sorry but there are people who don't work by choice (i'm not talking about the unfortunate people that lost their jobs that are really hardworking people), have three kids, and get gov't assistance but still have the newest cellphones, buy cigarettes and alcohol, and have nicer cars and tvs than I have and STILL complain. My wife and i both work good jobs, own our home and have what we can afford and can sleep at night knowing we are earning our way.

This country is not about giving it's citizen's what they want, it's about working your butt off to get something better. It is NOT the government's responsibility to take care of you. I'm pretty sure all of us on here are good working citizens... why should the reward for your hard work be given to someone who isn't working hard?

I got to the bold portion and just stopped reading. That same old elitist argument that some how the poor want to remain poor and are just looking for handouts is as pathetic as it is wrong. I'm sure that there is a level of those who work the system. But to try to paint every person who finds themselves in dire need is total elitist crap. You just don't know what the hell you are talking about. There are millions and millions and millions of people in this country who are in need of help and would gladly work if only given the opportunity. Not all those you are struggling are unemployed and have kids. There are just as many Americans out there working full time, even full time and a second job, just to scratch and claw to break even. What Obama is proposing is giving all those who simply want the opportunity the chance they deserve to better their lives.

The more BS I read the more I can't wait to cast my vote on Tuesday. Not only do I hope Obama wins, I hope the residual effect on the Congressional races is significant enough to eradicate all those who cling to the polices of the current administration.

I'm sorry but there are people who don't work by choice (i'm not talking about the unfortunate people that lost their jobs that are really hardworking people), have three kids, and get gov't assistance but still have the newest cellphones, buy cigarettes and alcohol, and have nicer cars and tvs than I have and STILL complain. My wife and i both work good jobs, own our home and have what we can afford and can sleep at night knowing we are earning our way.

I'm all for weeding these people out. Has McCain even addresed the issue? He will tell us what Obama will do but I have yet to hear what he plans on doing about the poor in this country. Is it more "trickle down" economics of giving tax breaks to the rich as they will have more money to create jobs and invest? Hasn't that been proven to not work?

I'm all for weeding these people out. Has McCain even addresed the issue? He will tell us what Obama will do but I have yet to hear what he plans on doing about the poor in this country. Is it more "trickle down" economics of giving tax breaks to the rich as they will have more money to create jobs and invest? Hasn't that been proven to not work?

EVERYONE is all for weeding these people out. McCain supporters mischaracterize Obama as wanting to help these people. These are not the people Obama wants to help.

Of course, most McCain supporters also encouraged you to vote for Bush the last two presidential elections, so why anyone would listen to them a third time is beyond me. No credibility left, folks.

Archived