What, what, WHAT?!

carpandean

As hard as I tried, I couldn't get the snot smear off to see who is #1:

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fi...topRelated_main

:blink:

How opinions have changed, eh?

Its nice to see the respect being dealt here but I rememeber they were #1 two years ago for the most part of the season concluding with the PC and we all know how that ended.

I will be satisifed if they are in this position come late December or early January.

Wow. Well, the #1 is nice to see, but I don't put too much stock in these rankings. After all, the Sabres went up SIXTEEN places in this particular ranking, from 17 to 1, meaning the author was really wrong then, is really wrong now, or was/is pretty wrong both times. And that's just after a couple of weeks.

I like TSN's rankings. They don't give a team credit for having been good. If a team was #4 but has been playing like crap for a whole week, they'll move them way down the list, maybe to #11. Not like other lists where they would say "well, they're playing awful this week, but they're still a good team", then move the to #6.

Beginning of the season they had us ranked at 22 I think. That's a pretty big jump and I'd say even dangerously so.

Hell, I think the Patriots are still ranked higher than the Bills in power rankings just cause they are the Pats.

Oh well, at least they know enough to recognize that we are legit.

Those rankings are done by their fantasy guy, which is why all through 05-06 and 06-07 we always complained, because there was so much balance no individuals stood out ... now Vanek starts off on a tear but 4 other guys are ice cold, and all of a sudden they are the best team in hockey. Go figure.

Those rankings are done by their fantasy guy, which is why all through 05-06 and 06-07 we always complained, because there was so much balance no individuals stood out ... now Vanek starts off on a tear but 4 other guys are ice cold, and all of a sudden they are the best team in hockey. Go figure.

In 5 games, Vanek has become our OV.

No doubt.

Last week I watched Caps vs. Pens. OV was a one man wrecking crew. he must have hit Malkin 7 times. A couple of hits would have made RJ howl Carruba Collision.

That is what I love about OV. The guy plays with enough passion for 5 of his teammates.

As for Power Rankings, I look at them as a tiny snapshot. To have any meaning you have to see what the trend is for several weeks in such a long season.

wow. I don't take much pride or even satisfaction in Power Rankings, however, when the chance comes, i do click on them on various web sites just to see where the national media would rank us. I don't put much stock into it. However, when this thread was started, i ignored it because in our 2 years when we went to the ECF, TSN was very rough on the Sabres in the polls. I expected to see the Sabres disrespected and placed at like 15th or something. So i clicked it and i was definitely surprised. But like i said, it doesn't mean anything, but it is nice to see for sure.

Archived