Sabrespace fantasy league

Two or less

Can someone who has played fantasy hockey before in a scoring system like we have here, tell me what they think of my team...

C Vincent Lecavalier(TB - C)

C Mike Richards(Phi - C)

LW Ilya Kovalchuk (Atl - LW)

LW Alex Tanguay(Mon - LW)

RW Dustin Brown(LA - RW)

RW Ales Hemsky(Edm - RW)

D Lubomir Visnovsky(Edm - D)

D Brent Seabrook(Chi - D)

D Niklas Kronwall(Det - D)

D Mark Streit(NYI - D)

Util Scott Gomez(NYR - C)

G Carey Price(Mon - G)

G Niklas Backstrom(Min - G)

BN Scott Hartnell(Phi - LW)

BN Mike Fisher(Ott - C)

BN Ryan Suter(Nsh - D)

BN Daniel Cleary(Det - RW)

Can someone who has played fantasy hockey before in a scoring system like we have here, tell me what they think of my team...

C Mike Richards(Phi - C)

RW Dustin Brown(LA - RW)

RW Ales Hemsky(Edm - RW)

D Mark Streit(NYI - D)

G Carey Price(Mon - G)

BN Mike Fisher(Ott - C)

BN Ryan Suter(Nsh - D)

I think you need to trade me Vinny..That would help your team out :D

C Mike Richards(Phi - C)

RW Dustin Brown(LA - RW)

RW Ales Hemsky(Edm - RW)

D Mark Streit(NYI - D)

G Carey Price(Mon - G)

BN Mike Fisher(Ott - C)

BN Ryan Suter(Nsh - D)

As I understand it, you live and die by your goalie picks. SO if you believe that Price will equal or better his season last year, you'll be fine. I don't know much about Backstrom. I think you made the same rookie mistake I made, you only have two goalies. By the time I remembered it, all the real goalies were gone.

Now maybe some real player can tell us whether it is a goalie-centric scoring system and whether you need 3 just in case one underperforms or gets hurt.

EDIT:

Looks like Backstrom had a much better season: 33W, 13L, 4SO, 2.31GAA .920SV versus Price: 24W, 12L, 3SO, 2.56GAA .901SV

C Mike Richards(Phi - C)

RW Dustin Brown(LA - RW)

RW Ales Hemsky(Edm - RW)

D Mark Streit(NYI - D)

G Carey Price(Mon - G)

BN Mike Fisher(Ott - C)

BN Ryan Suter(Nsh - D)

I wanted D Brown in the other league. I'd love to see him in the Blue and Gold.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an email out to my fellow league members, but have not heard from anyone...

1- What does the "minimum 3 games played" mean?

2- Can you change players in your starting lineup from 1 day to the next or are the players on the first day of the week locked in for the entire week?

I sent an email ou tto my fellow league members, but have not heard from anyone...

2- Can you change players in your starting lineup from 1 day to the next or are the players on the first day of the week locked in for the entire week?

1 - edit: just looked it up. it means that out of your 2 goalies, they must start a minimum of three games a week. that's total, not for each goalie. So if one of your goalies starts 2 games and the other starts 1, you're good. but if he misses one, you don't get any of the points for that week from goaltending that you would have. kind of a rule if you ask me.

2- you can change players daily. you just can't make any changes once a player starts a game (or doesn't if you forgot you benched him)

I sent an email out to my fellow league members, but have not heard from anyone...

I wish I knew... I suspect that lineups lock for the week. I'm tied 4-4 with Vanek-Man and I have no clue why... I just haven't taken the time to read up on the rules.

3 games minimum means your goalies must play in atleast 3 games during a week. All leagues do this, it's because if your goalie gets a shutout in his first start, what makes you not benching all goalies for the full week. The only category you'd lose is wins, but have loses, gga, save% and shutouts (arguably) guarenteed.

1 - edit: just looked it up. it means that out of your 2 goalies, they must start a minimum of three games a week. that's total, not for each goalie. So if one of your goalies starts 2 games and the other starts 1, you're good. but if he misses one, you don't get any of the points for that week from goaltending that you would have. kind of a rule if you ask me.

2- you can change players daily. you just can't make any changes once a player starts a game (or doesn't if you forgot you benched him)

Thanks!

I just looked over the Yahoo site. I don't see anywhere that lists our specific scoring system. Does anyone know are goals worth 2, assists 1, PIM 1, etc??? Where on the site do we find this?

I just looked over the Yahoo site. I don't see anywhere that lists our specific scoring system. Does anyone know are goals worth 2, assists 1, PIM 1, etc??? Where on the site do we find this?

We are in a head-to-head league, not points based.

In Head to head, all goals are worth 1, as assits and so on, and after the week, the team with the most goals gets 1 "point" and the team with the most categories won after each week, will win.

I can't look at the league cause it's blocked at work... But, I'm assuming it goes by categories. For example, If my entire starting team has more goals than your starting team over the course of the week, I get one point. Same would go for total assists, PIM and whatever other categories there are. At the end of the week, the points are determined to be Wins and Losses and teams are ranked by winning percentage.

As for the rosters changing daily, I sure hope so.

Under the rules it mentions "Max Moves: 75" so does this count for moving players on your team from the bench to the starting roster each day or is this for dropping and adding free agents?

Back to comment 2 - so if I have a guy on the bench who is playing today and another guy on the starting team who is off today - I should be swapping those two players correct?

Under the rules it mentions "Max Moves: 75" so does this count for moving players on your team from the bench to the starting roster each day or is this for dropping and adding free agents?

Back to comment 2 - so if I have a guy on the bench who is playing today and another guy on the starting team who is off today - I should be swapping those two players correct?

I assumed the 75 moves maximum means 75 waiver moves. To answer your 2nd question, yes you should start the guy on your bench who is playing today in place of someone who is not. That is unless you are playing me, which in that case, leave him on the bench! :D

I assumed the 75 moves maximum means 75 waiver moves. To answer your 2nd question, yes you should start the guy on your bench who is playing today in place of someone who is not. That is unless you are playing me, which in that case, leave him on the bench! :D

I could cut my bench players every day and they would be there the next day for me to pick up again.

Anyone know of a website where you can find out starting goalie information for that evening?

Thanks!

Rotoworld: http://rotoworld.com/content/Goalies.aspx?sport=NHL

Goalie Post: http://goaliepost.com/

Hockey Informer: http://hockeyinformer.com/main/taxonomy/term/213

(Hockey Informer ran out of gas last year and wasn't updated after mid-March or so. It does seem to be current now.)

I picked up to players earlier this afternoon and they show up in the transaction report, but not on my roster for tonight! :angry:

That would seem fair. Rosters should be locked once the new week starts. But when that lock occurs is something that needs to be spelled out. I'm going to adjust my lineup Monday AM for the next week.

So far so good. I had a good opening week...

That would seem fair. Rosters should be locked once the new week starts. But when that lock occurs is something that needs to be spelled out. I'm going to adjust my lineup Monday AM for the next week.

So far so good. I had a good opening week...

Someone else in the league picked up players earlier today and they are both in his lineup tonight. Call me confused. :blink: :blink:

Someone else in the league picked up players earlier today and they are both in his lineup tonight. Call me confused. :blink: :blink:

Montador was picked up before Midnight West Coast time, so as far as the league (Yahoo) is concerned, he was picked up yesterday. Midnight Pacific time is the cut off.

Archived