OL NEVIN McCASKILL

DL TERAZ McCRAY

LB DONNIE SPRAGAN

RB DWAYNE WRIGHT

LINK

I was pulling for Costanzo.

I was pulling for Costanzo.

Can't-stand-ya? :thumbsup:

I thought he would make it after playing pretty good in the Lions game. But maybe he can go back on the practice squad...

From GR550:

Peters informed the Bills on Friday that he plans to end his summer-long holdout and report to the team Saturday, one day before Buffalo opens its season against Seattle. The team already has made the decision that Peters will not play Sunday against Seattle.

?It is our understanding that Jason has filed a re-instatement letter with the National Football League and that he is reporting to One Bills Drive tomorrow (Saturday) morning,? Bills COO Russ Brandon said in a statement released by the team.

From GR550:

Peters informed the Bills on Friday that he plans to end his summer-long holdout and report to the team Saturday, one day before Buffalo opens its season against Seattle. The team already has made the decision that Peters will not play Sunday against Seattle.

?It is our understanding that Jason has filed a re-instatement letter with the National Football League and that he is reporting to One Bills Drive tomorrow (Saturday) morning,? Bills COO Russ Brandon said in a statement released by the team.

I hope they make him pay every penny of the fines before they allow him into the locker room. I would then activate him for Sunday's game and make him play on the kickoff and return teams and watch him get crushed.

I hope they make him pay every penny of the fines before they allow him into the locker room. I would then activate him for Sunday's game and make him play on the kickoff and return teams and watch him get crushed.

Same here.

You know they all understand that it's a business, and a guy's gotta do what he has got to do, but if I were in camp all summer, sweating my ass off, going through the two-a-days and whatnot and Peters held out all this time, DIDN'T get his raise and then waltzed his fatass back into the locker room two days before the season opener, I'd be pretty damn pissed.

Same here.

You know they all understand that it's a business, and a guy's gotta do what he has got to do, but if I were in camp all summer, sweating my ass off, going through the two-a-days and whatnot and Peters held out all this time, DIDN'T get his raise and then waltzed his fatass back into the locker room two days before the season opener, I'd be pretty damn pissed.

Football is a different beast. Only your signing bonus is guaranteed money. If you blow out a knee during training camp, your career could be over. I in no way excuse what Peters did. I truly believe he should have honored his contract. But we non-combatants just don't appreciate the business side to football I guess. He wasn't the first and won't be the last to pull this stunt.

Football is a different beast. Only your signing bonus is guaranteed money. If you blow out a knee during training camp, your career could be over. I in no way excuse what Peters did. I truly believe he should have honored his contract. But we non-combatants just don't appreciate the business side to football I guess. He wasn't the first and won't be the last to pull this stunt.

Sorry, I just think that's BS. Not only has Peters made more over the last two years than a lot of people will make in their career ($5.75M in first-year bonuses alone) and was scheduled to make $3.5M this year, plus a bonus for taking half the team's snaps at left tackle, I can't feel bad for someone who might blow out a knee at camp. It rings as hollow as Sprewell's "I got a family to feed" BS when he rejected a 3-year, $21M contract.

And again, putting the business aspect aside for a minute - if I was there, busting my ass in the summer heat, enduring two-a-days, learning a new system and making sure I'm in shape to try to win as many football games as possible, and a guy who is key to our team's success sits out the entire camp and comes strolling in two days before the opener - damn right I'd be pissed.

This is something that reminds me of the movie Mr. Deeds when he is talking to the football player for the team that he owns. They complain all the time they don't get paid enough for how they perform but do the coaches/owners say 'ok we need to renegotiate your contract cuz you had a sh1tty year'.

3 years left on your contract and you think you should be paid more, yea, he should be paid more. Pay your dues and you will get paid plenty. Even if money isn't guaranteed they still have a contract, honor it.

This is something that reminds me of the movie Mr. Deeds when he is talking to the football player for the team that he owns. They complain all the time they don't get paid enough for how they perform but do the coaches/owners say 'ok we need to renegotiate your contract cuz you had a sh1tty year'.

3 years left on your contract and you think you should be paid more, yea, he should be paid more. Pay your dues and you will get paid plenty. Even if money isn't guaranteed they still have a contract, honor it.

I remeber hearing a story, I think it was Ted Williams, where he went to meet with the owner regarding his next contract and excepting a pay cut because he didn't have as good a year as the previous season. Mind you still hit over .300 and had a bunch of RBI's and HR's. I guess that was a different time with a different quality of person.

Sorry, I just think that's BS. Not only has Peters made more over the last two years than a lot of people will make in their career ($5.75M in first-year bonuses alone) and was scheduled to make $3.5M this year, plus a bonus for taking half the team's snaps at left tackle, I can't feel bad for someone who might blow out a knee at camp. It rings as hollow as Sprewell's "I got a family to feed" BS when he rejected a 3-year, $21M contract.

And again, putting the business aspect aside for a minute - if I was there, busting my ass in the summer heat, enduring two-a-days, learning a new system and making sure I'm in shape to try to win as many football games as possible, and a guy who is key to our team's success sits out the entire camp and comes strolling in two days before the opener - damn right I'd be pissed.

Well consider this.. I lifted it off of Yahoo Sports:

SEATTLE -- Shaun Alexander isn't bitter at being unemployed.

Shaun Alexander, RB

Free agent

Height: 5-11

Weight: 228

College: Alabama

Experience: 8

He isn't angry at the Seahawks for dumping their career rushing and touchdowns leader unceremoniously in April. He doesn't feel betrayed that Seattle cut him just two seasons after he was the league's MVP, led it to its only Super Bowl and then signed a $62 million contract that went unfulfilled.

With only the guaranteed part of a contract, these guys are at risk for not making the coin they signed for. I agree that SA has made more money than most will ever see. But here is the opposite case where he was the good guy, played to his contract, didn't hold out for more, renegotiated the deal of a life time and the team didn't honor it. Football is a business first and foremost.

With only the guaranteed part of a contract, these guys are at risk for not making the coin they signed for. I agree that SA has made more money than most will ever see. But here is the opposite case where he was the good guy, played to his contract, didn't hold out for more, renegotiated the deal of a life time and the team didn't honor it. Football is a business first and foremost.

So the Seahawks overpaid a soft running back who was a stats and we're supposed to feel bad for him that they wised up and cut him loose after paying "only" $15M in the first year of that new contract? I'm not shedding one tear for Peters or Shaun Alexander.

But again, you're missing the point of my post.

The point is - so far, he has taken the entire year off. He didn't participate in OTA's, he didn't participate in training camp or preseason, no one knew whether he was heathy or not, he hasn't learned one page of Turk's offense. His teammates -- who rely heavily on him for the team's success (and thereby their own financial success) -- were in camp, honoring their contracts and busting their assess to make sure they were ready for the season. Then he comes waltzing in two days before the season opener, without a new contract, and will miss the game against the 'Hawks. So what was the point of his holdout? Did it get him the megabucks insurance against blowing out a knee and never playing again? :rolleyes: No. All he did was hurt the team, because they have guys playing out of position this week, and there's no guarantee that Peters will be ready for next week.

Didn't you hear? It wasn't a holdout. Jason has been practicing throwing the ball high in the air over his shoulder when they run a tackle eligible play and he scores. I wonder if the NFL has a rule about that? :)

:lol:

Dick.

Guess I'm just being an obstinate ass who needs to relax. :ph34r:

So uh...the Bills...won? :beer:

It was fun watching Seattle fall apart with injuries. I felt bad...sort of.

And Tom Brady with an injured knee. I'm pretty alright with that too. :thumbsup:

Karma's a bitch, ain't it? :thumbsup:

Wilfork injured a Bill QB on a very similar play. Brady got hurt in the same manner. That's karma. Balance is restored.

Besides, the hockey gods can piss off. I'm tired of tap-dancing around things and trying to take the high road and be the classy fan base when franchises run by and celebrated by douchebags continue to win championships.

Rumors are flying that it is a season-ending injury:

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a source familiar with the injury.

While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady?s injury, two sources indicated it involved serious damage to the knee.

?It?s bad,? a team source said. ?We?re going to have to play without him.?

LINK

Wilfork injured a Bill QB on a very similar play. Brady got hurt in the same manner. That's karma. Balance is restored.

Besides, the hockey gods can piss off. I'm tired of tap-dancing around things and trying to take the high road and be the classy fan base when franchises run by and celebrated by douchebags continue to win championships.

Hockey gods? Karma? After all the things we've dealt with as Buffalo fans, I don't see how any of us can believe in that stuff.

Hockey gods? Karma? After all the things we've dealt with as Buffalo fans, I don't see how any of us can believe in that stuff.

I started saying the same thing in my original post....but then I got depressed and angry when I started thinking about Wide Right, No Goal, Phantom Goal, Music City Throwup.... :death:

The only thing I can say with certainty is IF there are sports gods, then they truly, truly hate Buffalo fans.

Archived