[OT] Trent Edwards injured.

deluca67

It's just not his voice that inspires the lack of confidence it's his entire coaching style or lack there of. An amazing stat from last nights game, the Bills were the only team in 2007 not to score a TD in the final two minutes of either half. I feel that Coach Dick's passive approach to the game had a hand in that stat along with other factors.

I think this is the kind of situation DeLuca might be referring to, from the play by play of the game in Toronto.

Tell me what's wrong with this picture:

Buffalo Bills at 02:31 1-10-BUF 32 (2:31) 31-D.Wright left guard to BUF 40 for 8 yards (27-An.Smith). Two-Minute Warning 2-2-BUF 40 (2:00) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 11-R.Parrish to BUF 44 for 4 yards (37-A.Madison). WR screen, caught at BUF 42. 1-10-BUF 44 (1:31) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short right to 86-D.Fine (93-N.Eason). Pass batted upon throw. 2-10-BUF 44 (1:28) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 22-F.Jackson to BUF 48 for 4 yards (30-R.Lewis; 94-L.Timmons). Screen pass, caught at BUF 42. Timeout #2 by BUF at 00:38. 3-6-BUF 48 (:38) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman sacked at BUF 40 for -8 yards (94-L.Timmons). Timeout #1 by PIT at 00:33. 4-14-BUF 40 (:33) 8-B.Moorman punts 32 yards to PIT 28, Center-72-R.Neill, out of bounds.

I think this is the kind of situation DeLuca might be referring to, from the play by play of the game in Toronto.

Tell me what's wrong with this picture:

Buffalo Bills at 02:31 1-10-BUF 32 (2:31) 31-D.Wright left guard to BUF 40 for 8 yards (27-An.Smith). Two-Minute Warning 2-2-BUF 40 (2:00) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 11-R.Parrish to BUF 44 for 4 yards (37-A.Madison). WR screen, caught at BUF 42. 1-10-BUF 44 (1:31) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short right to 86-D.Fine (93-N.Eason). Pass batted upon throw. 2-10-BUF 44 (1:28) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 22-F.Jackson to BUF 48 for 4 yards (30-R.Lewis; 94-L.Timmons). Screen pass, caught at BUF 42. Timeout #2 by BUF at 00:38. 3-6-BUF 48 (:38) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman sacked at BUF 40 for -8 yards (94-L.Timmons). Timeout #1 by PIT at 00:33. 4-14-BUF 40 (:33) 8-B.Moorman punts 32 yards to PIT 28, Center-72-R.Neill, out of bounds.

Starting off your 2-minute drill with a run, throwing a bunch of short patterns and a screen doesn't exactly scream "we're trying to score."

Starting off your 2-minute drill with a run, throwing a bunch of short patterns and a screen doesn't exactly scream "we're trying to score."

I'll give you partial credit. What bugged me was 3rd and 6 from midfield with 1:28 to go and you run the clock down to 38 seconds before taking a timeout. Tasker defended the decision by saying the Bills didn't want to leave the Steelers too much time on the clock. Laughable.

Coaching not to lose. That's Dick Jauron. America can't afford four more years of Dick Jauron.

I'm PASabreFan, and I approved this message.

I think with Turk as the new OC the Bills will break that 2 minute stat this year.

I am much more impressed with the offense so far this year than I was at any point last year. Results and stats aside, it's refreshing to see different formations, running out of the 4-wide set, and mixing up the calls - not the run-run-pass-punt offense we ran last year.

Granted it's only been a few preseason games but to me the difference in playcalling and strategy is night-and-day from the Fairchild error era.

I am much more impressed with the offense so far this year than I was at any point last year. Results and stats aside, it's refreshing to see different formations, running out of the 4-wide set, and mixing up the calls - not the run-run-pass-punt offense we ran last year.

Granted it's only been a few preseason games but to me the difference in playcalling and strategy is night-and-day from the Fairchild error era.

I agree. It's nice to see an offense that looks good no matter who the quarter back is. I'm an Edwards fan but I have to commend JP for how well he has looked so far, especially last night. He seems to have picked up the steadiness in the pocket that Edwards shows and is using his arm better. Still a few crazy plays now and then, but a lot better looking JP in the preseason. Let's hope this all carries over into the regular season.

I agree. It's nice to see an offense that looks good no matter who the quarter back is. I'm an Edwards fan but I have to commend JP for how well he has looked so far, especially last night. He seems to have picked up the steadiness in the pocket that Edwards shows and is using his arm better. Still a few crazy plays now and then, but a lot better looking JP in the preseason. Let's hope this all carries over into the regular season.

I think you're always going to see that from him. I think he developed a horrible case of "happy feet-itis" after playing behind a bad O-line at Tulane and then again the first year or two in Buffalo. I think he gets like Max does on a rush - hands and feet not in sync with his head, so he makes bad plays.

Last night he was making pre-snap reads, calling audibles and adjustments, made some good throws, and looked pretty poised for the most part. It's still preseason, but those are things that we didn't see enough from him in the past.

I think you're always going to see that from him. I think he developed a horrible case of "happy feet-itis" after playing behind a bad O-line at Tulane and then again the first year or two in Buffalo. I think he gets like Max does on a rush - hands and feet not in sync with his head, so he makes bad plays.

Last night he was making pre-snap reads, calling audibles and adjustments, made some good throws, and looked pretty poised for the most part. It's still preseason, but those are things that we didn't see enough from him in the past.

It sure helps when your OC lets you do those things!

It sure helps when your OC lets you do those things!

True.

I feel bad for the Colorado State fans, having to deal with Fairchild as their new HC.

The absolute worst gameplan and playcalling I've ever seen (outside of my high school coach) was last year against Pittsburgh - week 2, I think. Max protection, and most of the time sending two, sometimes one receiver out into deep patterns. No wonder we couldn't find anyone open.

I'll give you partial credit. What bugged me was 3rd and 6 from midfield with 1:28 to go and you run the clock down to 38 seconds before taking a timeout. Tasker defended the decision by saying the Bills didn't want to leave the Steelers too much time on the clock. Laughable.

Coaching not to lose. That's Dick Jauron. America can't afford four more years of Dick Jauron.

I'm PASabreFan, and I approved this message.

There have been a few decisions this pre-season that leave you scratching your head. Like the not calling a timeout to give the replay booth time to look at the fumble recovery. I've heard some blow it off as "it's just pre-season" that would be fine if I didn't expect that DJ to foul it up in the regular season the exact same way. The sad thing is I really don't get angry when DJ seems clueless out there. I just sort of expect it.

There have been a few decisions this pre-season that leave you scratching your head. Like the not calling a timeout to give the replay booth time to look at the fumble recovery. I've heard some blow it off as "it's just pre-season" that would be fine if I didn't expect that DJ to foul it up in the regular season the exact same way. The sad thing is I really don't get angry when DJ seems clueless out there. I just sort of expect it.

My take on Jauron is that he does a good job of preparing in the week leading up to the game, and does a good job getting the guys up and ready to play (a scary exception was that horrible game against the P*ts on Sunday Night Football last year - they were done before they walked out the tunnel) but come gameday he seems conservative, indecisive and a little slow with his decision-making.

My take on Jauron is that he does a good job of preparing in the week leading up to the game, and does a good job getting the guys up and ready to play (a scary exception was that horrible game against the P*ts on Sunday Night Football last year - they were done before they walked out the tunnel) but come gameday he seems conservative, indecisive and a little slow with his decision-making.

I think I've mentioned this before. Is it any wonder NFL coaches often have brain lock on Sunday? The hours are unbelievable. When I own a team someday, I will make my coaches go home early and arrive at a decent hour. Who used to sleep in his office? Joe Gibbs, I think. It's ridiculous. Work smarter, not harder.

Replay challenges and the two-point option have really exposed a lot of these coaches as numbskulls, sleep-deprived or not.

I think I've mentioned this before. Is it any wonder NFL coaches often have brain lock on Sunday? The hours are unbelievable. When I own a team someday, I will make my coaches go home early and arrive at a decent hour. Who used to sleep in his office? Joe Gibbs, I think. It's ridiculous. Work smarter, not harder.

Replay challenges and the two-point option have really exposed a lot of these coaches as numbskulls, sleep-deprived or not.

It's not a crazy theory by any means. Some of these guys put in 16-18 hour days, 6-7 days a week for several months straight.

Another aspect that might be a factor is that some coaches make the game too complicated. They want to gameplan and have plans for each and every possible contingency that may possibly happen, all while trying to break all this information down into bite-sized nuggets so his Wonderlic-impaired players can understand what's expected of them.

My biggest complaint about Jauron is that he hasn't had the Bills prepared enough for the start of the previous 2 seasons. It's nice that the players like him, and think he's a nice guy, but that doesn't always equal out to wins on the football field. I think Jauron should have had more 2 a day practices over the time he's been coach. Last year, before the start of the season, Jauron said "he wished he had more time". If Jauron held more practices, maybe he would've had the time he needed to get the team ready, instead we lost the season opener to the Broncos who were a bad team last year. If get out with another slow start, we will miss the playoffs again. :wallbash:

It's not a crazy theory by any means. Some of these guys put in 16-18 hour days, 6-7 days a week for several months straight.

Another aspect that might be a factor is that some coaches make the game too complicated. They want to gameplan and have plans for each and every possible contingency that may possibly happen, all while trying to break all this information down into bite-sized nuggets so his Wonderlic-impaired players can understand what's expected of them.

I don't think that will ever be a concern with DJ.

I was listening to WGR and I have to wonder what all the fuss is. Why would they be surprised the Bills didn't try to score at the end of each half. That is the Bills in mid-season form. DJ is screwing up games like he will when the season starts.

I don't think that will ever be a concern with DJ.

I was listening to WGR and I have to wonder what all the fuss is. Why would they be surprised the Bills didn't try to score at the end of each half. That is the Bills in mid-season form. DJ is screwing up games like he will when the season starts.

I couldn't watch the game live, so I was following the last few minutes on the internet. I was surprised they didn't try to throw on the last drive. Why call the timeouts if all you really want to do is run out the clock. I've got to say, that was really horrendous. If your intention is to run out the clock, then don't tease everyone with the timeouts. The running plays actually got them within striking distance much to their horror. My guess is they figured there was NO way they wanted to win that game because it would have extended it to OT if they scored and successfully went for two. That meant more chance for injury. Any way you prefer to cast it, the play calling/behavior/performance on that last drive was simply sad.

My take on the preseason is they should shorten the games to three. Still have a four week period. Use the last week as an extra practice/prep week for opening the season. Maybe teams might just start better if the coaches had additional time to gameplan for their first opponent.

I couldn't watch the game live, so I was following the last few minutes on the internet. I was surprised they didn't try to throw on the last drive. Why call the timeouts if all you really want to do is run out the clock. I've got to say, that was really horrendous. If your intention is to run out the clock, then don't tease everyone with the timeouts. The running plays actually got them within striking distance much to their horror. My guess is they figured there was NO way they wanted to win that game because it would have extended it to OT if they scored and successfully went for two. That meant more chance for injury. Any way you prefer to cast it, the play calling/behavior/performance on that last drive was simply sad.

My take on the preseason is they should shorten the games to three. Still have a four week period. Use the last week as an extra practice/prep week for opening the season. Maybe teams might just start better if the coaches had additional time to gameplan for their first opponent.

The Bills were playing their scrubs and players most likely unemployed by the end of today. Injuries should not have been a concern.

Why are the Bills threads on the Sabres board better than those on the Bills board?

As for me, I'm more concerned about the suddenly legitimate NYJ than than the Fins...

Because we don't have the volume of posters and it is a whole lot easier to moderate.

The Bills were playing their scrubs and players most likely unemployed by the end of today. Injuries should not have been a concern.

No completely true. JP was in the game.. If he went back to pass with the scrubs, who knows what might have happened. I still think he should have done it. It was a rip off to the paying fans not to try and win.. We don't pay to watch them lose.

No completely true. JP was in the game.. If he went back to pass with the scrubs, who knows what might have happened. I still think he should have done it. It was a rip off to the paying fans not to try and win.. We don't pay to watch them lose.

Wait a sec, the Bills were offering refunds the last 8 years, and nobody told me? :angry:

Where do I go to get my money back. :P

Wait a sec, the Bills were offering refunds the last 8 years, and nobody told me? :angry:

Where do I go to get my money back. :P

For now, the Bills making the playoffs will feel as good as if they won the AFC championship. I never thought the Bills would go this long w/out making the playoffs. I don't know, I grew up watching the Bills win...not lose. I just hope they can turn things around this year. Hopefully they have their "Kelly,being Edwards, Reed, being Evans, and Thomas, being Lynch." Lets go Buffalo!

Archived