2008-09 VARIABLE PRICING SCHEDULE

nobody

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=369062

The Buffalo Sabres have added a fifth ?Platinum? category to its variable pricing schedule for the 2008-2009 season. The three Toronto games and a Friday night game against Montreal on February 6 will fulfill the Platinum category this year.

The Team has allocated the remaining thirty-seven home games by the traditional categories of Gold (10), Silver (15), Bronze (9) and Value (3).

Prices for Gold games will decrease by 15% from the previous year while prices for the remaining categories will increase on average 12%.

I've got seasons, but I wouldn't pay $98 to sit where I sit.

Although, some schmuck from Toronto or Montreal might :thumbsup: stub- hub- stub -hub -stub -hub...

The benefit of being a season ticket holder. Miss a game in person but make the rest of the season even more affordable.

Although, some schmuck from Toronto or Montreal might :thumbsup: stub- hub- stub -hub -stub -hub...

The benefit of being a season ticket holder. Miss a game in person but make the rest of the season even more affordable.

:w00t:

I picked a random team I wouldn't want to have as my favorite team: Columbus.

Just wanted to see what their season tickets looked like. Seems based on a quick look that the cost would be higher.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/tickets/seasonchart.htm

Go to the link to see the chart and arena pic for better understanding.

numbers are personal seat license / game / season

PSL Per Season

Season Tickets

Game Season

Time Warner Cable HD Lounge $800 $150^ $6,750

Glass Level (GL) $600 $135 $6,075

Club Level 1 (CL1) $600 $89 $4,005

Club Level 2 (CL2) $400 $77 $3,465

Club Level 3 (CL3) $400 $60 $2,700

100 Level (A1) $550 $73 $3,285

100 Level (A2) $550 $66 $2,970

100 Level (B) $400 $59 $2,655

100 Level © $300 $50 $2,250

200 Level (D) $250 $36 $1,620

200 Level (E) $200 $32 $1,440

200 Level (F) $150 $23 $1,035

200 Level (G) $100 $18 $810

Next year they might introduce Palladium level pricing to top the Platinum.

Actually I heard next season they are introducing "Briere-level" pricing. Cheapest seat is $5 million 300-level corners. Hah, Leafs fans would still be out trying to scalp tickets.

You should look into Sabres Replay. It's right on the Sabres website and it is simple as can be. Put up the price you want, add a description and verify your barcode. If someone lifts the tickets, the money goes into your Sabres account a few weeks after with no worry about shipping or anything. The only bad part is that you have to wait until the end of the season to get your cash back, but you can use your built up cash for extras, playoffs and maybe even the store.

This was one thing management did that I loved. Even though I had given up on the team going into last year, I still managed to pretty much get back 3x my money selling tickets. I don't think there will be that demand this year so I gave up the seats. The system is nice though.

You should look into Sabres Replay. It's right on the Sabres website and it is simple as can be. Put up the price you want, add a description and verify your barcode. If someone lifts the tickets, the money goes into your Sabres account a few weeks after with no worry about shipping or anything. The only bad part is that you have to wait until the end of the season to get your cash back, but you can use your built up cash for extras, playoffs and maybe even the store.

This was one thing management did that I loved. Even though I had given up on the team going into last year, I still managed to pretty much get back 3x my money selling tickets. I don't think there will be that demand this year so I gave up the seats. The system is nice though.

Did they skim any service charge off of you for using that?

Go ahead Quinny...keep jacking up the prices for the Toronto games hoping their fans come down. We'll see how well they sell this year. Toronto may be the worst team in hockey next season.

The Leaf fans will still come without hesitation. The Leafs games are sold out every night with a huge waiting list. The dollar is on par. They will gladly get away and come to Buffalo no matter what the cost.

Smart move by management.

The Leaf fans will still come without hesitation. The Leafs games are sold out every night with a huge waiting list. The dollar is on par. They will gladly get away and come to Buffalo no matter what the cost.

I believe it was one of the Leaf gold games last year that didn't sellout breaking the streak of sellouts.

I think you guys have it made as far as prices go. $80 per game for seasons tix is a bargain. $3280 for the year! Compared to the Canucks at around $6800!

Again, no issue with the team getting more for some games. Great move

Funny as hell.

And I agree. :ph34r:

Thank you ...Thank You Very Much....

This pricing scheme gets more irritating the more times I hear about it..Make a ticket cost what a ticket costs..This manipulating is to me childish and a slap in the face..How bout letting me decide if I want to pay 10 dollars for a Naked hot chick to pour my beer or 4 dollars for some fat 65 yr oldwart infested lady?? Go all the way with it..Why stop at the ticket..

Thank you ...Thank You Very Much....

This pricing scheme gets more irritating the more times I hear about it..Make a ticket cost what a ticket costs..This manipulating is to me childish and a slap in the face..How bout letting me decide if I want to pay 10 dollars for a Naked hot chick to pour my beer or 4 dollars for some fat 65 yr oldwart infested lady?? Go all the way with it..Why stop at the ticket..

Is premium beer the same price as cheap beer?

I was real disgusted when I saw the Tribe pull that "premium game pricing" stuff this year, and I'm even more ticked that the team sucks to boot. Right, I'm going to pay a premium to see the Red $ox or Yankee$ come into town for their one appearance in Cleveland. They even had the Rays as a premium series. Lucky guess that they'd be fighting for first in the AL East, but still. The Rays? Come on.

Did they skim any service charge off of you for using that?

They tack it on I think. Maybe 10%. So if I wanted to sell tickets for under $100 to grab someone's attention, I put in $90 and it shows up as $99.

The great thing is it is secure, no keeping track of anything or any fees, no shipping, and people are willing to spend more for a secure ticket than through Ebay it seems.

The first year they did it the scalping laws were strict so they would only let you get the legal limit which was +30% of face. Last year it was fair game. The only thing you can't do is list tickets for under box office price. Say you paid $30 for your Toronto game season ticket, and box office price is $85....you have to charge $85+ as to not take their business. The past 2 years that only came into play for a few games....and those are the ones I would go to.

If you change your mind, you can pull the seats at any time in 5 seconds. If the seats aren't sold by gameday, you have to keep them as I don't think they want people thinking the tickets didn't sell then show up at the arena to find out they sold on the way there.

Its a butthole move..I expect more to come..Nothing surprises me anymore from this team...

Its a butthole move..I expect more to come..Nothing surprises me anymore from this team...

Sorry, but I don't understand this line of thinking ... let me ask you this ...

If they had called those 4 games "Gold" and the other 10 "Silver-plus," you would have the same thing ... if they eliminated 10 games from the highest category and created a lower priced category ... would you be mad that? because that's what they did. And in the process make it a better deal for their season ticket holders, whose prices for those games were already set whether they were designated gold or platinum or whatever ... they are taking care of their best customers, isn't that good business? The cap went up, they need to generate revenue somehow and the league changes the schedule and took away division games in favor of western conference games. Would you prefer they left it the way it was for the Leafs games and raise prices more across the board so you can pay more to see them play Nashville?

There is no stopping the canadian fans from flooding into our building for those games. They might as well cash out on the high demand. Its a smart business move, one that allows many of the other games to be so affordable.

Archived