2008-09 VARIABLE PRICING SCHEDULE

nobody

Sten, if you are not not paying to go to the games because you do not think they are worthy, isn't that like someone who doesn't drink complaining about the price of beer?

did someome type beer?

:beer:

(and, yeah, i liked that turn of reasoning, pipes.)

Your argument is lacking. What BS? More people want to see leafs and canadiens and b-rod. Let'm pay so I can see games on the cheap. You go out to a sporting event, buy beer, food, park, for under $70. You can spend that just buying a decent dinner and wine and you don't get to scream your ass off.

One of the main reasons the ticket prices went up is they had to so they could continue to get the revenue sharing.

Games are different prices because of exactly what you said

I can't see how you can relate a ticket price to winning a cup. Leafs tickets are expensive because of supply and demand and they still suck a$$.

I am hoping the Management is a tad smarter than the Leafs have been over the past 8 years..Which they have..They made the moves to get quality players in here however they couldnt keep em..Until this year they have shown a lack of foresight on the market..The problem hasnt been finding talent or making trades just keeping them...

All I am saying is that if they put a good quality team on the ice they would be the team that people would go and pay for all the time..You wouldnt need to raise prices all that much because the house would be full all the time..

did someome type beer?

:beer:

(and, yeah, i liked that turn of reasoning, pipes.)

If the beer was good I would drink...

SAbres are the equivalent to Goebel right now..If thats the analogy you want to use..

Maybe you want to pay for Heiniken and drink a Goebel... :lol:

Can someone pleased teach me how to answer all these in one post instead of the 20 it took..lol

i had to learn that trick as well -- you select "quote" for each post to which you want to respond -- then at the bottom of the page you select your "add reply" option -- all of the selected posts will show up in your draft thread.

what i still haven't received instruction on is how to embed a youtube clip into a post. (there are many here who are wise in such ways.)

i had to learn that trick as well -- you select "quote" for each post to which you want to respond -- then at the bottom of the page you select your "add reply" option -- all of the selected posts will show up in your draft thread.

what i still haven't received instruction on is how to embed a youtube clip into a post. (there are many here who are wise in such ways.)

Why thank you..I have been trrying to figure that out for months..As far as the youtube thing goes i just go to the link and copy and paste like such..

I am hoping the Management is a tad smarter than the Leafs have been over the past 8 years..Which they have..They made the moves to get quality players in here however they couldnt keep em..Until this year they have shown a lack of foresight on the market..The problem hasnt been finding talent or making trades just keeping them...

All I am saying is that if they put a good quality team on the ice they would be the team that people would go and pay for all the time..You wouldnt need to raise prices all that much because the house would be full all the time..

My numbers might be a bit off but the league wide increase was 12% and the Sabres had to keep up with it. The Sabres have increased their prices by this amount. There's still a waiting list for seasons (close to 15,000 seats). The single game seats amount to around 4,000 seats, so not everyone is subject to the "Platinum" prices.

The bump in ticket prices will generate more revenue for player salaries. The Sabres must spend more to retain their piece of revenue sharing.

The distribution established by the collective bargaining agreement is partly based on teams spending and earning a certain amount.

?We have to keep pace with the rest of the league or we?re going to lose our revenue sharing,? Quinn said. ?It?s really that simple. And we have to be able to increase the payroll.? ( 48 million or so to get sharing)

?You have to have, on average, the same percentage growth as the rest of the league or there?s severe reductions in revenue sharing.?

With a smaller base of fans in the city it's IMHO quite good that we fill up the arena (all but two games) every night.

Other arenas:

1. Montreal, 21,273.....sold out every night

2. Chicago, 20,500.... almost never full, I've heard it's like an airplane hangar

3. Detroit, 20,066

4. Tampa Bay, 19,978

5. Philadelphia, 19,523

6. Calgary, 19,289

7. Florida, 19,250

8. Ottawa, 19,153

9. New Jersey, 19,040

10. St. Louis, 19,022

11. Toronto, 18,819

12. Carolina, 18,730

13. Buffalo, 18,690

14. Vancouver, 18,630

15. Atlanta, 18,545

16. Dallas, 18,532

17. Washington, 18,277

18. New York, 18,200

19. Columbus, 18,136

20. Los Angeles, 18,118

21. Minnesota, 18,064

22. Denver, 18,007

23. Phoenix, 17,799

24. Boston, 17,565

25. San Jose, 17,496

26. Anaheim, 17,174

27. Nashville, 17,113

28. Pittsburgh, 16,940

29. Edmonton, 16,839

30. Long Island, 16,234

My numbers might be a bit off but the league wide increase was 12% and the Sabres had to keep up with it. The Sabres have increased their prices by this amount. There's still a waiting list for seasons (close to 15,000 seats). The single game seats amount to around 4,000 seats, so not everyone is subject to the "Platinum" prices.

The bump in ticket prices will generate more revenue for player salaries. The Sabres must spend more to retain their piece of revenue sharing.

The distribution established by the collective bargaining agreement is partly based on teams spending and earning a certain amount.

?We have to keep pace with the rest of the league or we?re going to lose our revenue sharing,? Quinn said. ?It?s really that simple. And we have to be able to increase the payroll.? ( 48 million or so to get sharing)

?You have to have, on average, the same percentage growth as the rest of the league or there?s severe reductions in revenue sharing.?

With a smaller base of fans in the city it's IMHO quite good that we fill up the arena (all but two games) every night.

Other arenas:

1. Montreal, 21,273.....sold out every night

2. Chicago, 20,500.... almost never full, I've heard it's like an airplane hangar

3. Detroit, 20,066

4. Tampa Bay, 19,978

5. Philadelphia, 19,523

6. Calgary, 19,289

7. Florida, 19,250

8. Ottawa, 19,153

9. New Jersey, 19,040

10. St. Louis, 19,022

11. Toronto, 18,819

12. Carolina, 18,730

13. Buffalo, 18,690

14. Vancouver, 18,630

15. Atlanta, 18,545

16. Dallas, 18,532

17. Washington, 18,277

18. New York, 18,200

19. Columbus, 18,136

20. Los Angeles, 18,118

21. Minnesota, 18,064

22. Denver, 18,007

23. Phoenix, 17,799

24. Boston, 17,565

25. San Jose, 17,496

26. Anaheim, 17,174

27. Nashville, 17,113

28. Pittsburgh, 16,940

29. Edmonton, 16,839

30. Long Island, 16,234

Answer me this and its a question I dont know the answer to and really dont have the time to look up but, If the Sabres had made the playoffs last year how much revenue would they have added to add to their payroll this year?? Wasnt it like 2.5 mill a game???

Why thank you..I have been trrying to figure that out for months..As far as the youtube thing goes i just go to the link and copy and paste like such..

as much as I don't like you in this thread, I'll help you out :nana:

Above your reply box where the bold and italic buttons are, all the way on the end is "wrap in code tags".

Click it

It puts something like this on your screen: (code) (code)

From youtube, copy the "embed" line and paste it between the two code tags (code)embed clip here(code)

Now change the word "code" to youtube and you get this:"(youtube)embed clip here(/youtube)"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit: For you 2 smelly (that's our pet name for you) don't worry, it's a good thing

Answer me this and its a question I dont know the answer to and really dont have the time to look up but, If the Sabres had made the playoffs last year how much revenue would they have added to add to their payroll this year?? Wasnt it like 2.5 mill a game???

They make a few mill a round, thye have to share some of that with other teams for that year, but I don't think it afffects how much they have to spend the next year.

Paging Taro, come in Taro.

I recall the FO saying that with the latest CBA that each playoff game gives the home team a lot less money then they used to get.

as much as I don't like you in this thread, I'll help you out :nana:

Above your reply box where the bold and italic buttons are, all the way on the end is "wrap in code tags".

Click it

It puts something like this on your screen: (code) (code)

From youtube, copy the "embed" line and paste it between the two code tags

Now change the word "code" to youtube and you get this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanxs for the help..

However dont read to much into this thread about me..Its the offseason and its such a minute factor in anything at all I am surprised at the reaction...I could really care if they raise them for one game or lower them for the next, I just find it insulting and if others dont ok..Its not that big a deal..Its not like last year after we lost Drury when I said we wouldnt make the playoffs and got flamed.. :nana:

Thanxs for the help..

However dont read to much into this thread about me..Its the offseason and its such a minute factor in anything at all I am surprised at the reaction...I could really care if they raise them for one game or lower them for the next, I just find it insulting and if others dont ok..Its not that big a deal..Its not like last year after we lost Drury when I said we wouldnt make the playoffs and got flamed.. :nana:

Then it's official? The "who that will not be named" can be spoken of? I'm still not wearing that jersey again. Rangers, schmaimgers

Bad management is still why they are where they are..Do you think if they still had Drury,Brierre Grier Mckee that we would be dealing with variable pricing? I doubt it..They wouldve had a whole lot more success and charged ya more for the whole ball of wax which I wouldnt care..I would pony up for that..I have no problem paying more for a great team.BUt to charge me more for a mediocre team playing decent teams on a weekend is funny at best..

I could be wrong about this, but haven't the Sabres had variable pricing since the lockout.

FWIW, Stenbaro, you're a good fan but I think you're off base on this one. As many have pointed out, it's nice that a parent can afford to take the kids to a game without having to drop $80+ per person on tickets alone. And there are plenty of good opponents in the bronze level.

Then it's official? The "who that will not be named" can be spoken of? I'm still not wearing that jersey again. Rangers, schmaimgers

I gambled and bought a you-know-who jersey in June 2007 -- hoping the show of faith would result in good karma. I've never put it on.

I could be wrong about this, but haven't the Sabres had variable pricing since the lockout.

FWIW, Stenbaro, you're a good fan but I think you're off base on this one. As many have pointed out, it's nice that a parent can afford to take the kids to a game without having to drop $80+ per person on tickets alone. And there are plenty of good opponents in the bronze level.

I gambled and bought a you-know-who jersey in June 2007 -- hoping the show of faith would result in good karma. I've never put it on.

If I am off base oh well..Its how I interpet it..If you feel different thats fine.Its not that big of a deal to be putting this much effort in on...Of course if they had signed somebody or made a trade we could be talking about something that matters...Fwiw When I had season tix I had three kids and took them to every third game..I liked the producta nd I spent the money no matter if it was a a weekday or a weekend game..The prices weere the same for every game and it didnt deter me then and it wouldnt deter me now if I chose to buy seasons again..

Its not like last year after we lost Drury when I said we wouldnt make the playoffs and got flamed.. :nana:

We still had Teppo at that point, so you were wrong. Disagree? Prove it! :nana:

(All joking aside, we were close enough that I do honestly think that we would have made it had he played the full season. Where's Deluca, anyway? :ph34r: )

We still had Teppo at that point, so you were wrong. Disagree? Prove it! :nana:

(All joking aside, we were close enough that I do honestly think that we would have made it had he played the full season. Where's Deluca, anyway? :ph34r: )

Ok you are right..Not having Teppo is the reason we didnt get back to the ECF.. :nana:

They make a few mill a round, thye have to share some of that with other teams for that year, but I don't think it afffects how much they have to spend the next year.

The Sabres wouldn't have added anything to their payroll by making the playoffs. (At least not officially.) After the season is over, the players will end up with 57% of the leaguewide revenues. In preparation for giving the players their 57%, each team has a salary window which they must be in (salary floor and salary cap) and a targeted team payroll (basically mid point of salary floor and salary cap). In order to make sure all teams can afford to give their own players roughly 57% of the overall revenues, there is a revenue sharing plan in place which gives teams in the bottom 1/2 of the league (with some exceptions) the difference between 57% of their revenues and the targeted team payroll. Which teams get revenue sharing is totally based on preseason and regular season revenues. Teams aren't penalized against revenue sharing by making the playoffs.

That stated, there is a complex formula for how the revenue sharing money gets put into the revenue sharing pot. The 1st 2 sources for revenue sharing are "excessive" leaguewide revenues and player escrow givebacks. After that, the rest of revenue sharing is split between playoff money and money from the top 10 teams.

So, making the playoffs or not making the playoffs didn't effect the salary cap the Sabres faced, but it did directly effect the amount of money they made. Which could have effected their own self-imposed payroll cap.

Yes, they have. IIRC, they were going to have value pricing for the cancelled season, but I don't know that for certain and don't have time to look it up right now.

The Sabres wouldn't have added anything to their payroll by making the playoffs. (At least not officially.) After the season is over, the players will end up with 57% of the leaguewide revenues. In preparation for giving the players their 57%, each team has a salary window which they must be in (salary floor and salary cap) and a targeted team payroll (basically mid point of salary floor and salary cap). In order to make sure all teams can afford to give their own players roughly 57% of the overall revenues, there is a revenue sharing plan in place which gives teams in the bottom 1/2 of the league (with some exceptions) the difference between 57% of their revenues and the targeted team payroll. Which teams get revenue sharing is totally based on preseason and regular season revenues. Teams aren't penalized against revenue sharing by making the playoffs.

That stated, there is a complex formula for how the revenue sharing money gets put into the revenue sharing pot. The 1st 2 sources for revenue sharing are "excessive" leaguewide revenues and player escrow givebacks. After that, the rest of revenue sharing is split between playoff money and money from the top 10 teams.

So, making the playoffs or not making the playoffs didn't effect the salary cap the Sabres faced, but it did directly effect the amount of money they made. Which could have effected their own self-imposed payroll cap.

Yes, they have. IIRC, they were going to have value pricing for the cancelled season, but I don't know that for certain and don't have time to look it up right now.

exactly :thumbsup:

Archived