*rumor* 08 - 09 3rd Jerseys

slapshot1619

Well, according to this link, it looks like a silver circle was added inside and outside the gold circle as well as around the gold hilts.

If anyone was going to consider all the tweaked versions of the logo that were all over the place a few years back but then complain about this change, they're crazy. Now if they try to throw some silver somewhere else in the jersey, I can understand the complaint.

Well, according to this link, it looks like a silver circle was added inside and outside the gold circle as well as around the gold hilts.

SW,

Interesting link. I'd be curious to see what the Pens are going to do to their primary unis if their 3rds are going to be the ice blue they used in the Ice Bowl. 3rds are supposed to be in colors that are either in the primary logo +/or primary unis. The Pens don't have blue in their current color scheme. Oh well, it wouldn't surprise me to see the league allow another exception to its "rules".

SW,

Interesting link. I'd be curious to see what the Pens are going to do to their primary unis if their 3rds are going to be the ice blue they used in the Ice Bowl. 3rds are supposed to be in colors that are either in the primary logo +/or primary unis. The Pens don't have blue in their current color scheme. Oh well, it wouldn't surprise me to see the league allow another exception to its "rules".

Considering both Toronto and Dallas are getting white third jerseys, I'd say "exceptions" are being frequent enough to not call them "exceptions" anymore.

FWIW, the Dallas will be a white version of thier blacks with green and black stripes and Toronto's is that logo on a white jersey with blue shoulder yoke and sleeve stripes (allegedly).

Considering both Toronto and Dallas are getting white third jerseys, I'd say "exceptions" are being frequent enough to not call them "exceptions" anymore.

FWIW, the Dallas will be a white version of thier blacks with green and black stripes and Toronto's is that logo on a white jersey with blue shoulder yoke and sleeve stripes (allegedly).

But the Strangers and Moe-ray-all have both gone w/ white before for 3rds (although I think technically the Habs one was a "throwback"). TO and Dallas are both planning on keeping their normal colors. The Pens haven't used any blue in their unis for over 25 years and haven't used the powder blue in at least 35 years.

I guess it's just a matter of time until we see the Bruins (or somebody else) use green unis on St. Patty's day. Which really will be a shame.

It's pretty small and kinda hard to see how much silver lining they added at least to me. I don't see a red eye at least in that one as far as I can tell.

I can't see the red eye in the logos BTP poster earlier in here either, but we know its there. It has to be in this one too, but like you said, its too small to see.

Maybe they will do something like this...

I'm not sure if I like it or not, but with the silver in the logo, who knows.

<image>

And here is my take on what I see...

<image>

Welcome to the forum, DRutka. I am a huge fan of your NHL PC mods for the Sabres.

For those of you that don't know his work, DRutka does some incredible graphic art works.

As for your mock ups, i think there will be no blue between the silver and gold, but it is very hard to tell from that little image.

Welcome to the forum, DRutka. I am a huge fan of your NHL PC mods for the Sabres.

For those of you that don't know his work, DRutka does some incredible graphic art works.

As for your mock ups, i think there will be no blue between the silver and gold.

Thanks!!!

I'm basing it off of this logo...

post-838-1217483708_thumbpng

I think you can see blue in between there.

DRutka, I love your design... if that is what the new uni's will look like I'll buy one before the season starts... but like said above, it probably will be worse... but anything even close would be sweet!! can't wait to see 'em.

Maybe they will do something like this...

I'm not sure if I like it or not, but with the silver in the logo, who knows.

post-838-1217481350_thumbpng

From what I can tell, this is what I think the logo looks like...

post-838-1217481559_thumbpng

I was complaining about the use of Silver, but if that is the new 3rd jersey... :thumbsup:

I only have one question...has anyone ever heard of being able to get a jersey with longer sleeves(much like the same way you can get a shirt in LT or XLT)? I don't like wearing anything with long sleeves that doesn't fit right and I've tried both L and XL jerseys and the sleeves are too short for my liking.

Really cool whoever did that (can't tell from the string whether it was Carpandean or DRutka). That would be a great third.

Getting back to something I said yesterday, I have never really understood what the movement slashes above and below bring to the overall logo. Getting rid of them looks better in my opinion.

However, I am all for tradition, so I would understand the desire to keep them. I just think that this would look better though.

post-1516-1217537743_thumbjpg

I only have one question...has anyone ever heard of being able to get a jersey with longer sleeves(much like the same way you can get a shirt in LT or XLT)? I don't like wearing anything with long sleeves that doesn't fit right and I've tried both L and XL jerseys and the sleeves are too short for my liking.

my brother and I have the same problem, we have to buy XXL and just deal with the big jersey to have the sleeves fit... that would be sweet if they did make tall jerseys.

my brother and I have the same problem, we have to buy XXL and just deal with the big jersey to have the sleeves fit... that would be sweet if they did make tall jerseys.

You would think "Tall" versions would be available, given the needs of guys like Chara, Myers, et al.

Archived