Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

You gotta stop drinking coffee after 1PM.

Are you kidding? I don't drink caffeine, period. The Senseo mentioned in the "awesome" thread is used only for decaf on weekends. Weekday mornings, it's one cup of decaf, and that's only in cold weather.

Well done.

Start drinking at lunch.

I should.

I hate that I have to choose between MSG in SD and the opponent's broadcast in HD when the Sabres are on the road.

Are you kidding? I don't drink caffeine, period. The Senseo mentioned in the "awesome" thread is used only for decaf on weekends. Weekday mornings, it's one cup of decaf, and that's only in cold weather.

I should.

You really should look into a prescription sleep aid. My friend (the crazy one you've met) resisted for years because of concerns over addiction, but she recently started using one (Ambion CR?) once or twice a week and it really works for her.

Edited by biodork

Wait a minute,.. Decaf, tofu jerky,.. Is hockey your beard?

• Like (+1) 1

I hate that I have to choose between MSG in SD and the opponent's broadcast in HD when the Sabres are on the road.

You really should look into a prescription sleep aid. My friend (the crazy one you've met) resisted for years because of concerns over addiction, but she recently started using one (Ambion CR?) once or twice a week and it really works for her.

Well, bourbon isn't working (but i suppose that's OTC and not scrip), but did you read last night's GDT? Sleeping pill was IN. And still, 5am. (Hey, it's an improvement!)

Wait a minute,.. Decaf, tofu jerky,.. Is hockey your beard?

:lol: sorry, Eleven, but that was funny!

Gotta admit, it was.

Artem Kryukov!

Gesundheit.

Well, bourbon isn't working (but i suppose that's OTC and not scrip), but did you read last night's GDT? Sleeping pill was IN. And still, 5am. (Hey, it's an improvement!)

Hmm, must have missed that. She is dead to the world for a solid 8-9 hours after taking hers. Do they make a stronger dose?

Try roofies - you may not sleep but at least you won't remember it.

Artem Kryukov!

Couldn't find a picture of him in a Sabres uni, could you?
  • Like (+1) 1

Gesundheit.

Hmm, must have missed that. She is dead to the world for a solid 8-9 hours after taking hers. Do they make a stronger dose?

Try roofies - you may not sleep but at least you won't remember it.

Hey, biodork, who's your friend, again?

Ok. In all seriousness, this ###### sucks. I'm really sick of waking up at ###### 3am. I may start going to bars and seeing what's left, just for the hell of it, because there really isn't anything else to do at that hour.

EDIT: Or, at 3am, we can play "Wheel of Fortune" with the ####### in posts, if anyone is game....

Edited by Eleven

Ok. In all seriousness, this ###### sucks. I'm really sick of waking up at ###### 3am. I may start going to bars and seeing what's left, just for the hell of it, because there really isn't anything else to do at that hour.

EDIT: Or, at 3am, we can play "Wheel of Fortune" with the ####### in posts, if anyone is game....

Y _ _' R _

A _

A _ _ H _ L _

Snowboarding season is pretty much over... all the local places are going to be closed as of this weekend. :( And much as I enjoy the warmer weather, I'm always reminded this time of year how much I did not miss all the bugs on my porch in the evenings during the wintertime!

Snowboarding season is pretty much over... all the local places are going to be closed as of this weekend. :( And much as I enjoy the warmer weather, I'm always reminded this time of year how much I did not miss all the bugs on my porch in the evenings during the wintertime!

Yeah, I haven't gotten out on skis this year and I'm already thinking bikes. Strange winter. I assume the central NY places will be open for a bit longer, it's only a few hours away. :)

Yeah, I haven't gotten out on skis this year and I'm already thinking bikes. Strange winter. I assume the central NY places will be open for a bit longer, it's only a few hours away. :)

I'd really like to hit up Elk or Hunter Mountain. Hunter Mtn especially has insane deals this time of year ($89 for a liftside condo + a lift ticket??). Actually one of our local places arranged for a crazy good deal with Stratton in VT where you can stay at the Inn and get a full day lift ticket for $49.95 if you have a pass to the local place. I'd love to go, but have no one to watch my dog. :(

I'd really like to hit up Elk or Hunter Mountain. Hunter Mtn especially has insane deals this time of year ($89 for a liftside condo + a lift ticket??). Actually one of our local places arranged for a crazy good deal with Stratton in VT where you can stay at the Inn and get a full day lift ticket for $49.95 if you have a pass to the local place. I'd love to go, but have no one to watch my dog. :(

How about a kennel or doggie spa? Haha I know it sounds funny but when we went on a college tour last summer we left our very pampered toy poodle at the most amazing place. We had to drive a little out of the way to get him there but wow! They took great care of him and posted pictures to facebook everyday so we could see him. If it's an option for you, do a search in your area and most definitely read reviews and visit the place. I know, though, some dogs just can't be left so maybe that is the case for you. we left our little guy at another place years ago and he was traumatized and I never thought I would do it again, but then we found this "pet resort" and he seemed to be very happy there.

so, iOS 5.1 was supposed to fix battery life. crock of crap. i drained 45% in *standby* over night. that's ridiculous. nothing running in the background other than facebook, which with 5.0.1 would have drained the battery *maybe* 5%.

really kind of pissed at this ...

Edited by Chris_in_UT

I've been to all three of those. The only thing I don't like about Hunter is too many NYC people there. In the Catskills, I've also hit Windham and Plattekill. I like Plattekill a lot, it is kinda small but has some cool terrain and not many people there.

How about a kennel or doggie spa? Haha I know it sounds funny but when we went on a college tour last summer we left our very pampered toy poodle at the most amazing place. We had to drive a little out of the way to get him there but wow! They took great care of him and posted pictures to facebook everyday so we could see him. If it's an option for you, do a search in your area and most definitely read reviews and visit the place. I know, though, some dogs just can't be left so maybe that is the case for you. we left our little guy at another place years ago and he was traumatized and I never thought I would do it again, but then we found this "pet resort" and he seemed to be very happy there.

I'd definitely consider it if he were younger, but my dog is almost 17 and has never been to a kennel so I'm not sure how he'd handle it. He's also kind of high maintenance (three different meds, needs help eating soft food since he doesn't have many teeth left, and prone to accidents), so it's a lot to ask of someone I don't know and trust pretty well. My dad is always happy to take him, but he lives two hours away and for a short vacation it's not worth the extra travel on my end. :( The things I do for this dog, lol. He's worth it, though. :)

I've been to all three of those. The only thing I don't like about Hunter is too many NYC people there. In the Catskills, I've also hit Windham and Plattekill. I like Plattekill a lot, it is kinda small but has some cool terrain and not many people there.

I've never been to any of them (pretty silly considering Elk is only a little over 2 hours away). Good to know about Plattekill... I might have to check that one out next season!

Edited by biodork