Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

People who don't answer their door within 1 minute of me ringing the bell or knocking. Hey, it's #%^$#!ing 2 degrees outside, you ordered the food, did you not expect to answer the door?

Things you should do if you order delivered food:

1) Open your door in a timely fashion.

2) Have your money ready.

3) Turn on a light near the door you want me to come to.

4) Remove some of the 7 feet of snow in front of your door.

5) Restrain your pets if they will flee or attack me when the door is open.

6) Provide adequate instructions if your domicile has a unique feature (side door, apt #, driveway is around corner)

7) Verse your children on the art of tipping.

8) Don't give exact change, then an additional amount for the tip. It all goes into my pocket. I pay the sale amount for all the orders at the end of the night, and the rest is my tip total.

9) Don't present me with a coupon upon delivery, let the order taker know you have one ahead of time. I don't have a calculator in my head to determine how much your pizza will be after discount plus tax and delivery.

10) Answer your phone if you are having food delivered. There is a good chance it's me, asking where the #%^$#! you live because you don't have any lights on or numbers on your house or mailbox.

I hate it when people have 3 complaints in one post on Complaint Thursdays.

Quitcher whinin' Wolfie!

Life sucks, and so does this thread. Deal with it.

;)

I hate the salesman at my company who sells the product line I work in. I am the applications engineer for the product line. Last year I went to our parent company in Austria for 2 months to run a test for a company we were going to sell a possible machine to. It turns out that the part they want to run on our machine is not ideal. We found this out at the test. Who knows what the salesman promised the customer. As I have found out, the salesman promises the world (even when told some things are not possible) and it is the engineers job to make it work. When the salesman is asked at a later day what they promised, they do not know or forget it.

Just before the holiday break, the customer came back with some questions and comments on the test and results. The salesman, who is gutless, asked me and my coworkers who helped me in Austria to address the questions and comments. When I returned from Christmas break I addressed them. The salesman did not like my answers because I said the part was not ideal for our process aka he wouldn't sell a machine and get a commission. So the salesman sends my responses to Austria and asks their opinion. They agreed with my statements. Fast forward to today. The customer was in because they purchased a machine for a different application but since the salesman never responded to their questions and comments some 6 weeks later, they wanted to discuss it. So we had a conference call with my coworkers in Austria, me, my boss, the customer and salesman. My boss supports me in my opinion. During the call, my coworkers in Austria basically agree with what I told the salesman at the beginning of this month. Further testing is needed but it might not be worth it because of the costs inherited in testing. The salesman says to the customer, give us your concerns and we will respond. After sitting in a meeting for 30 minutes hearing all the bull crap, I told the salesman infront of the customer that a) the customer already gave us their questions and comments and b) both myself and Austria have responded to these questions. He had the dumbest look on his face. The salesman never sent the respnse to the customer because as he said "He wanted the response to have a positive sales spin to them". So now weeks later, the problem is still not resolved and the answers I gave the salesman were backed up by my Austrian coworkers yet he still will not listen because he wants to sell a machine and get his commission check.

The part that really chaps my behind is he makes me and my coworkers look unprofessional in the eyes of the customer because we did not answer their questions and comments in a timely matter because the salesman is too gutless to admit that maybe he promised to much to the customer in the first place. I wish I had a snow shovel so I could rail the salesman in the head with the thing and be done with it. This is the second time the same salesman went against engineerings recommendations but he doesnt care because he just sells the machines and doesnt have to make them work.

Oh and another thing, I hate weathermen who say their is a winter warning advisory for 2-4 inches of snow sending the populous into a frenzy and cancelling EVERYTHING yet not a single friggin' drop of snow comes. Damn that felt good.

Oh and another thing, I hate weathermen who say their is a winter warning advisory for 2-4 inches of snow sending the populous into a frenzy and cancelling EVERYTHING yet not a single friggin' drop of snow comes. Damn that felt good.

Hey... 2-4 inches a day for 2 weeks adds up! That's 28-56 inches over that span.

;) ;)

Oh, wait... You meant just 2-4 inches total. :doh: :lol: :lol:

Hey... 2-4 inches a day for 2 weeks adds up! That's 28-56 inches over that span.

;) ;)

Oh, wait... You meant just 2-4 inches total. :doh: :lol: :lol:

How about last week here in the Cleveland area? We have four local stations - for Saturday, three had forecast 1-3", mostly in the snow belt; the fourth, the sensationalist "Action News" forecasts 4-9, no distinction between the snow belt and the rest of the viewing area.

We got 1" here, the most anyone got from that "storm" was...wait for it....wait for it....around 3", in the snow belt.

How about last week here in the Cleveland area? We have four local stations - for Saturday, three had forecast 1-3", mostly in the snow belt; the fourth, the sensationalist "Action News" forecasts 4-9, no distinction between the snow belt and the rest of the viewing area.

We got 1" here, the most anyone got from that "storm" was...wait for it....wait for it....around 3", in the snow belt.

I know what you mean... They were saying "blizzard" here once they latch on to the warnings that were issued for Western Illinois, Iowa and points beyond.

<_<

It has been a hard winter so far... Just went back to WNY last weekend and the snow totals seem to be very high... Really prime skiing in the Southern Tier. It was crazy driving on the Indiana Toll road last Friday... Not a cloud in the sky... Noon and it was still -20 actual temp... Black ice everywhere! I knew it was going to be cold, but you have to factor in that at that temp salt does not work and everything freezes!

I know what you mean... They were saying "blizzard" here once they latch on to the warnings that were issued for Western Illinois, Iowa and points beyond.

<_<

It has been a hard winter so far... Just went back to WNY last weekend and the snow totals seem to be very high... Really prime skiing in the Southern Tier. It was crazy driving on the Indiana Toll road last Friday... Not a cloud in the sky... Noon and it was still -20 actual temp... Black ice everywhere! I knew it was going to be cold, but you have to factor in that at that temp salt does not work and everything freezes!

Yeah, it has been...as of yesterday we were 15" over our normal snowfall for January, and they said we've only had something like 5 days without some form of precip since the beginning of December. Not to mention these brutally cold temps.

I don't mind the warnings if you're going to come close and are not inflating your numbers. Just be somewhat accurate. BTW, the guy who made the 4-9" prediction is supposed to be "Cleveland's only lake effect snow-trained meteorologist" (whatever that is). He's also from Buffalo and his first gig was at R-News in Rochester.

I hate people who start something and then don't finish. Vanek-Man set up the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Leagues and now half the people who just jumped right in don't even bother to edit their lineups. My opponent this week has Martin Brodeur starting at goaltender. I'll take the free points. It would just be nice if people could take 3 minutes out of their day and edit their lineups.

One more thing, F*** George W Bush. Enjoy your place in infamy you murderous scumbag.

I hate people who start something and then don't finish. Vanek-Man set up the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Leagues and now half the people who just jumped right in don't even bother to edit their lineups. My opponent this week has Martin Brodeur starting at goaltender. I'll take the free points. It would just be nice if people could take 3 minutes out of their day and edit their lineups.

I'm in the 2nd league Vanek_Man setup and I haven't looked at transactions/lineup changes recently, but I think we only have one owner who has folded up shop and that has at least a month ago.

That's what you get when you throw a group of anonymous people together from a hockey board and there is no incentive to participate the entire season.

Yeah, it has been...as of yesterday we were 15" over our normal snowfall for January, and they said we've only had something like 5 days without some form of precip since the beginning of December. Not to mention these brutally cold temps.

I don't mind the warnings if you're going to come close and are not inflating your numbers. Just be somewhat accurate. BTW, the guy who made the 4-9" prediction is supposed to be "Cleveland's only lake effect snow-trained meteorologist" (whatever that is). He's also from Buffalo and his first gig was at R-News in Rochester.

It is amazing... With all the cold, they say Lake Erie is not quite frozen yet... Still leading to LE snow... You'd think the Lake Enhancement would be shut off? Go figure.

It is so bad here that we haven't locked a boat in almost a week... It is just too thick to bust through even with the steel barges. I remember winters where we barely had skim ice form during the winter and had bass fisherman going out in January.

I'm in the 2nd league Vanek_Man setup and I haven't looked at transactions/lineup changes recently, but I think we only have one owner who has folded up shop and that has at least a month ago.

That's what you get when you throw a group of anonymous people together from a hockey board and there is no incentive to participate the entire season.

With the way my team has been performing; I wonder every day I'm picking out my team why I bother!

Again. Harry Neale. He's getting brutal-er by the game. Last night he had a shot from above the circles pegged at 21 feet. Unless I am getting deef. Then there was the required ancient joke about apathy/ignorance ("I don't know and I don't care). AND he gave the win to the Lightning with way too much time left. Still, for him, it came very late. Usually it comes with about 13 minutes to go.

AMEN, yes- someone else backing me up on Neale's incessant, inane use of exact distances on every freaking shot. Harry, you're not that important.

With the way my team has been performing; I wonder every day I'm picking out my team why I bother!

My team is in a free-fall right now. The short week and Biron not playing, really is causing me a lot. I, "down" 4-6 right now at the All-Star break, but i didn't have enough goalies for the week, so i will end up losing 1-10 or what ever the number of categories there is.

My team is in a free-fall right now. The short week and Biron not playing, really is causing me a lot. I, "down" 4-6 right now at the All-Star break, but i didn't have enough goalies for the week, so i will end up losing 1-10 or what ever the number of categories there is.

There's a note on the site that says the goalie minimum isn't in play this week. So what your record is today is what it will end up for this week since no more games this week.

My complaint is about the people complaining about the minor mess up in Obama's inauguration. People bitched, moaned, and criticized it so much that Obama literally took the oath again today.