"Pirates awaiting moves, but not too anxiously"

wildcat48

Pirates awaiting moves, but not too anxiously

Until parent club Buffalo settles other personnel matters, Portland will wait for a coach and other staff.

Five weeks after the Buffalo Sabres of the NHL became the parent club of the Portland Pirates of the AHL, the hockey operations personnel -- coaches, equipment managers and athletic trainers -- still aren't in place for the Pirates.

Link>>>

Pirates awaiting moves, but not too anxiously

Until parent club Buffalo settles other personnel matters, Portland will wait for a coach and other staff.

Link>>>

It is still a little early but will anybody be surprised if Buffalo is the last team to have its staff in place? For that matter, will it really be a surprise to hear grumbling coming from Portland when it takes forever to add veteran players to the roster?

He's been in Rochester for eight years. I'd have a hard time telling my wife, pack up the bags, we're moving!

What, dear? No, it isn't an NHL head coaching job, it's the same job I've had for the last eight years. Well, no dear, the job in Rochester hasn't been filled, but it's with that loathsome Panthers organization and that guy I used to play for in Ottawa. Dear, please put down the bag of pucks. Owww!

He's been in Rochester for eight years. I'd have a hard time telling my wife, pack up the bags, we're moving!

What, dear? No, it isn't an NHL head coaching job, it's the same job I've had for the last eight years. Well, no dear, the job in Rochester hasn't been filled, but it's with that loathsome Panthers organization and that guy I used to play for in Ottawa. Dear, please put down the bag of pucks. Owww!

That depends, Is Portland Maine really that much worse then living in Rochester NY?

That depends, Is Portland Maine really that much worse than living in Rochester NY?

Portland is very nice, IMHO, especially if you like the woods. But you (and your family) make a lot of friends in 8+ years in one place. Unless the position is a better one either financially or for family, I wouldn't move.

Beneath this mask there is an idea, and idea that grammar might one day be used properly... :chris:

Wait till your high school honor student asks you to read a paper she wrote for class and you tell him/ her its terrible because its written like he/she was texting a friend and then he/she comes home with an "A-." It is at that point in time I want to know if that "idea" still exists.

It is still a little early but will anybody be surprised if Buffalo is the last team to have its staff in place? For that matter, will it really be a surprise to hear grumbling coming from Portland when it takes forever to add veteran players to the roster?

Would not be surprised at all. Don't they know Darcy doesn't multi-task well. He has other important things to address first...

1. Low ball Miller

2. Low ball Pominville

3.Offer Teppo the standard 2.6 mil one year deal

4.Offer Peters another 2 year extension.

5.Change the locks on door and phone number in an attempt to keep Quinny and SPG out of the loop.

6.Bring in the doctor who cleared Connolly the last time and when he gives him a clean bill of health, offer him a 5 year extension at 4 mil per year.

7.Video scout Kryukov and convince yourself that he is still a very good prospect.

8.Convince Lindy that Max will be a new man in 08-09.

9.Break bread with Kevin Lowe and then try to fleece him as pay back for saddling the Sabres with Vanek's contract.

10.We have an AHL team in Portland, but no off-ice staff? When was somebody going to let me know about this! :rolleyes:

I have no idea how most AHL coaches contracts are setup, but the fact that Cunneyworth's deal expires August 1st seems a bit later than I would expect. That has to play a major role in sorting out a coaching staff.

Would not be surprised at all. Don't they know Darcy doesn't multi-task well. He has other important things to address first...

1. Low ball Miller

2. Low ball Pominville

5.Change the locks on door and phone number in an attempt to keep Quinny and SPG out of the loop.

6.Bring in the doctor who cleared Connolly the last time and when he gives him a clean bill of health, offer him a 5 year extension at 4 mil per year.

7.Video scout Kryukov and convince yourself that he is still a very good prospect.

9.Break bread with Kevin Lowe and then try to fleece him as pay back for saddling the Sabres with Vanek's contract.

10.We have an AHL team in Portland, but no off-ice staff? When was somebody going to let me know about this! :rolleyes:

Something that I have heard Buffalo is working on in a basement floor hockey league is the possibility of "video coaching." The thought is that if they just set up three monitors behind the bench and a hire a high school techno nerd, they can have Ruff and his staff coach both teams.

Something that I have heard Buffalo is working on in a basement floor hockey league is the possibility of "video coaching." The thought is that if they just set up three monitors behind the bench and a hire a high school techno nerd, they can have Ruff and his staff coach both teams.

post-1053-1216221907_thumbjpg

1. Low ball Miller

2. Low ball Pominville

Couple of issues with your list

#1 & 2 need to have this added to the end "......... then hold a press conference to tell the fans that they tried hard to keep them, but <insert one of the following - a. they could not fit them under the budget b. they wanted to test the market/play elsewhere c. they didn't realise that the cap would continue to rise and what the market value of them was d. they had to make sure they had the room in the budget to sign "insert player coming up for RFA here" >

#3 Add a couple of mil for inflation, his one year deal is always for a couple of mil more each year

#5 Thats assuming he is against Quinny and SPG giving him help/advise

#6 Its a 5 for 5 deal, not 4

#9 I think he would be thanking Lowe because remember, in a couple years ths deal is going to be a steal for a player like vanek

Couple of issues with your list

#1 & 2 need to have this added to the end "......... then hold a press conference to tell the fans that they tried hard to keep them, but <insert one of the following - a. they could not fit them under the budget b. they wanted to test the market/play elsewhere c. they didn't realise that the cap would continue to rise and what the market value of them was d. they had to make sure they had the room in the budget to sign "insert player coming up for RFA here" >

#3 Add a couple of mil for inflation, his one year deal is always for a couple of mil more each year

#5 Thats assuming he is against Quinny and SPG giving him help/advise

#6 Its a 5 for 5 deal, not 4

#9 I think he would be thanking Lowe because remember, in a couple years ths deal is going to be a steal for a player like vanek

:lol: You are correct on all points.

Come on, apus, they'd be a LITTLE better than that ... more like these salvaged from the Aud: http://www.theaudclub.com/index.php?showimage=54

Good point, they wouldn't have to pay a dime for those, Quinn and TG would just have to "work late" one night and sneak accross the street and into the Aud to get those. Maybe thats why they are letting Cunneyworth talk to Florida, they noticed that there were 2 TV's and figure they could make a Cunneytron3000 too

Seriously, if you could buy any of that stuff, wouldn't it be cool to buy that TV and put it in your gameroom and hook it up to a VCR with an endless loop of the Aud scoreboard on it? How many people would believe it was one of THE "Upper Blue TVs" ... which, by the way, is a god test you can use to test someone if they are a true Buffalonian or not ... if they don't know immediately what the Upper Blue TVs are, or what Loganberry is, they are posers ...

Seriously, if you could buy any of that stuff, wouldn't it be cool to buy that TV and put it in your gameroom and hook it up to a VCR with an endless loop of the Aud scoreboard on it? How many people would believe it was one of THE "Upper Blue TVs" ... which, by the way, is a god test you can use to test someone if they are a true Buffalonian or not ... if they don't know immediately what the Upper Blue TVs are, or what Loganberry is, they are posers ...

I don't think you'd even have to turn one of those TV's on to see the scoreboard. That thing had to be burned into the screens worse than an Atari game.

You might not be able to tell the score with the TV turned off, but sometimes it was hard to tell w/ it turned on. :o

Btw, what's a "god test"? ;) (Figured this was the thread to ask that, based on the grammar policing up above.)

Archived