OT - Puppy Pics!

inkman

ink, get ready for your patience to be tested, and for that dog to grow!

I got a dog in the beginning of may, and she's grown from 4 and a half pounds to over 13 (she's got a vet appointment today, so i'll get the actual weight then). Also, she's still not housebroken 100%. She won't go in the house, but she also won't let you know when she's gotta go out some of time. I've caught her sniffing and had some prarie doggin close misses, if you get my drift. If this is your first dog, start with the crate training. You can literally have that knocked off the list by the end of the weekend. cute dog though.

ink, get ready for your patience to be tested, and for that dog to grow!

I got a dog in the beginning of may, and she's grown from 4 and a half pounds to over 13 (she's got a vet appointment today, so i'll get the actual weight then). Also, she's still not housebroken 100%. She won't go in the house, but she also won't let you know when she's gotta go out some of time. I've caught her sniffing and had some prarie doggin close misses, if you get my drift. If this is your first dog, start with the crate training. You can literally have that knocked off the list by the end of the weekend. cute dog though.

Yeah, the first night was a harrowing experience and drinking 8 Sam Adams was a brilliant idea as well. Now I feel like #%^$#! the dog is crying in the crate. He pooped in there last night so I spent a good hour cleaning him and the crate. We have made strides in the housebreaking department. He's starting to get the idea and it's only been 20 hours since we got him. We realized immediately that the breeder told us to feed him too much as he barfed half of his food back up, then ate it again, then barfed again, then fought with my wife to eat it a third time. He's a smart little SOB and he's already training me.

Now I feel like #%^$#! the dog is crying in the crate. He pooped in there last night so I spent a good hour cleaning him and the crate. We have made strides in the housebreaking department.

If you are home let him out! He hasn't been alone before, and you should cuddle/bond him while you can. It's been 5 years since we've had a pup, but I think I remember setting the stove timer for 15 minutes to remind me to give an opportunity to go outside. After the first few days, I think it stretched to 30 minutes. You'll figure out pretty quickly how often he needs to go.

BTW, I put the crate right next to our bed so that I could hear him if he needed to go... Dogs abhor getting their own poop on them.

If you are home let him out!

I'm trying to prep him for being alone for 2-3 hour stretches. It's pulling at my heartstrings. He just stopped whining...for now...after I let him out a couple of times for bathroom breaks.

I'm trying to prep him for being alone for 2-3 hour stretches. It's pulling at my heartstrings. He just stopped whining...for now...after I let him out a couple of times for bathroom breaks.

Gotcha. Not very much fun...

I would like to apologize to my wife ahead of time: How many times did you get pumped for July 1st?

I have to question the logic of posting pictures of a cute puppy heading into free agency.

As an RFA puppy, that little guy is going to get an offer sheet, and then you are going to have to match or wait for next years

choice in the next litter.

I have to question the logic of posting pictures of a cute puppy heading into free agency.

As an RFA puppy, that little guy is going to get an offer sheet, and then you are going to have to match or wait for next years

choice in the next litter.

But in this case the offer sheet is a newspaper on the kitchen floor, and Ink has to show who is still the master of his domain. :chris: 'arg

My Turn =) Just got her tonight, a rescue girl. Her previous owner just joined the Navy. She's 8 months old, house broken, and knows some basic obedience commands. Sweet as can be.

Maya, or McHusky if you'd prefer.

post-10-1215050014_thumbjpg

My Turn =) Just got her tonight, a rescue girl. Her previous owner just joined the Navy. She's 8 months old, house broken, and knows some basic obedience commands. Sweet as can be.

Wow, beautiful dog. :thumbsup:

Your dog could eat my dog for breakfast!

Archived