OT - Puppy Pics!

inkman

My Turn =) Just got her tonight, a rescue girl. Her previous owner just joined the Navy. She's 8 months old, house broken, and knows some basic obedience commands. Sweet as can be.

Maya, or McHusky if you'd prefer.

That pic has 'did someone say Steak?' written all over it...

My Turn =) Just got her tonight, a rescue girl. Her previous owner just joined the Navy. She's 8 months old, house broken, and knows some basic obedience commands. Sweet as can be.

good man with the rescue -- looks like everyone's a winner. huskies, in my (second-hand) experience, are very rewarding dogs to own. they're used to workin', though - so make sure she has a 'job', i reckon.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog:

is that sort of like an under-sized hocky team being "team tough"? ;)

good man with the rescue -- looks like everyone's a winner. huskies, in my (second-hand) experience, are very rewarding dogs to own. they're used to workin', though - so make sure she has a 'job', i reckon.

is that sort of like an under-sized hocky team being "team tough"? ;)

Yeah, I started running her in the AM with me. Did 2 miles today, over the next couple of weeks I want to get her up to about 4 or 5. That's a good job for her. Running for an hour in the AM. My six year old daughter keeps her pretty busy throughout the day, too.

Maya, or McHusky if you'd prefer.

That is an absolutely beautiful dog.

You were pretty lucky to get her...

The two most important obedience commands:

2. Come - make it a game - give a treat while whistling three times. Then back off, do the same whistle. She'll come and give the treat. Then, when she gets that down, hide and do the whistle. Once she finds you, she gets the treat. Then just do it randomly with the occasional treat.

1. Down - This is more important because there are times when a hazard (like a busy road) is between you and the dog. It's also much easier to teach...

That is an absolutely beautiful dog.

You were pretty lucky to get her...

The two most important obedience commands:

2. Come - make it a game - give a treat while whistling three times. Then back off, do the same whistle. She'll come and give the treat. Then, when she gets that down, hide and do the whistle. Once she finds you, she gets the treat. Then just do it randomly with the occasional treat.

1. Down - This is more important because there are times when a hazard (like a busy road) is between you and the dog. It's also much easier to teach...

Yup, also getting to know 'wait' where I hold her back after opening the door until she's given the go ahead. Working on 'wait', 'sit', and 'down' now, actually. We'll work on it while walking around the neighborhood or something. Trying to get her used to it with distractions.

Archived