Philly - Biron - Campbell - Hatcher - Streit

X. Benedict

Man, winning game 1 in OT 7-6 was so sweet after seeing his smug look after going up 6-5!

I remember that as one of the sweetest moments in hockey... Remember when Brian scored to put the Otters up with about 2 minutes or so left?... He lifted both hands high behind the net and the light in the arena shown of him brightly... You know the moment that Smolinski proclaimed himself the next coming of Jesus Christ! Such a joy when TC wiped that smirk off his face and sent it to OT!!

:worthy: :worthy:

Watch that and tell me you don't get chills. And yes, if anyone needs a refresher, this hilight reel is why management hasn't given up on timmy yet. It's also why i'm oh so glad that roy is signed long term. Also, i yearn for the goathead days.

I didnt mean that as a s slap on Pratt..I would like both of them but I dont see them bringing in 2 vet def defensman, I think Smith brings more leadership and a little more Grit than Pratt does..If they cant get Smith then bring back a guy like Pratt..

I read ya. Tallinder had an off year, Lydman is cool with me. Spacek is good when healthy; 3M is debatable, Sekera/Weber is worth the investment developing, Kalinin is just okay.

Pratt was great at what he was brought in for, commend the powers there. He played for his pride and his mistakes were magnified just as much as anyone else. At the end of the day, he was solid to me. Oh by the way, he already has a ring.

I read ya. Tallinder had an off year, Lydman is cool with me. Spacek is good when healthy; 3M is debatable, Sekera/Weber is worth the investment developing, Kalinin is just okay.

Pratt was great at what he was brought in for, commend the powers there. He played for his pride and his mistakes were magnified just as much as anyone else. At the end of the day, he was solid to me. Oh by the way, he already has a ring.

Can you imagine the stories he must have..He won the cup wiht the Great Raymond Bourque, Patricky Rooaaaahhhh, Sakic and Forsberg...

Watch that and tell me you don't get chills. And yes, if anyone needs a refresher, this hilight reel is why management hasn't given up on timmy yet. It's also why i'm oh so glad that roy is signed long term. Also, i yearn for the goathead days.

Just when I am starting to let go(about time) I have to watch Drury score a game winner in OVVERRRRRRTTIME in the playoffs..AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH :wallbash:

I remember being so disappointed when we changed uni's back in the day. I felt like we were looking like the NJ Devils V.1.2, but that color scheme and logo really ended up growing on me in the end.

Oh well, here's to memories :beer:

post-1053-1211594470_thumbjpg

post-1053-1211594490_thumbjpg

post-1053-1211594502_thumbjpg

post-1053-1211594514_thumbjpg

post-1053-1211594535_thumbjpg

post-1053-1211594629_thumbjpg

:thumbsup:

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE,

and more

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE... :thumbsup:

Just when I am starting to let go(about time) I have to watch Drury score a game winner in OVVERRRRRRTTIME in the playoffs..AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH :wallbash:

Definitely illustrates Connolly's value. That 3rd Buffalo goal was an absolute thing of beauty. Were there 2 or 3 straps on the ice? If he stays healthy this year, it could be a special one.

Definitely illustrates Connolly's value. That 3rd Buffalo goal was an absolute thing of beauty. Were there 2 or 3 straps on the ice? If he stays healthy this year, it could be a special one.

Unfortunately, that was one of about ten games in three years that he has shown his value. Good luck on the staying healthy thing.

I've been calling for Connolly's departure, but watching that clip just makes you appreciate his talent. If they can bring in a Peca to center L2 when Timmy's hurt, then I'm okay with having him around for one more year.

If they can bring in a Peca to center L2 when Timmy's hurt, then I'm okay with having him around for one more year.

I keep saying that had they brought him in cheap to center the third/shut-down line and cover a top line when Timmy was out, they would have been much better off this season.

I want to keep Connolly.

There. I said it.

For me when he can freeze a defensemen without moving he is worth the price of admission.

:unsure:

I can't name a name, but it seems to me there have been players that were injury prone as youngsters that went on to be solid, consistant players in the league. I really don't think we have a choice but to keep Timmy and see how it goes

I want to keep Connolly.

There. I said it.

For me when he can freeze a defensemen without moving he is worth the price of admission.

:unsure:

Sure he can "freeze a defensemen". What does he do when after the d-man is frozen. He is not a great finisher. He has 70 goals 438 games and is only averaging .55 points a game. That means you are willing to pay $3 million for his 45 points. I would like to have a better return on that investment.

It's time to move on for Connolly. If there is any team willing to pick up his contract the Sabres have to make the deal even if it's for the dreaded future considerations. Right now the salary is far more valuable than the player. That's $3 million that can go towards getting a top four defensemen.

Corp...I could put together a Max highlight reel that would put Connolly to shame. It doesn't mean we should keep Max. I still believe that a #2 center should be at the top of Darcy's list along with a 2nd or 3rd pairing defensive defenseman and a backup goalie.

Tallinder , IMO, plays like he is afraid of contact. I'm sure it's because of all the injuries. He needs to be able to use his size to protect the puck along the boards. Too many times I've seen him bailout on a play early to avoid a hit instead of taking the hit and moving the puck.

Sure he can "freeze a defensemen". What does he do when after the d-man is frozen. He is not a great finisher. He has 70 goals 438 games and is only averaging .55 points a game. That means you are willing to pay $3 million for his 45 points. I would like to have a better return on that investment.

It's time to move on for Connolly. If there is any team willing to pick up his contract the Sabres have to make the deal even if it's for the dreaded future considerations. Right now the salary is far more valuable than the player. That's $3 million that can go towards getting a top four defensemen.

He's going to win the Masterton and score 90 pts.

Bank on it.

Okay. I don't really believe that. But I like the kid. Just a preference. I don't have any great logic to back it up. :)

Tallinder , IMO, plays like he is afraid of contact. I'm sure it's because of all the injuries. He needs to be able to use his size to protect the puck along the boards. Too many times I've seen him bailout on a play early to avoid a hit instead of taking the hit and moving the puck.

He hasnt been the same since he broke his arm in the ECF 2 yrs ago..He was becoming a force..Bad break..

I could have given him more credit here in the past. In my defense, I will chalk it up to his European game. no contact! But he does have a turtleneck ala Zednik!

Archived