Philly - Biron - Campbell - Hatcher - Streit

X. Benedict

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers...ext_season.htmlPhilly Inquirer

"San Jose's Brian Campbell will be the best free agent out there on July 1. Flyers center Danny Briere is close to Campbell and may be asked to act as a recruiter, in the same way goalie Marty Biron recruited Briere last summer.

"I will definitely ask him, if it comes to that, and give him info just like Marty did for me," Briere said. "As far as speed and rushing the puck up the ice, he is one of the best in the league. There's no doubt about that. You look at where the league is going, you see more and more defensemen like him, guys who can move the puck and skate well."

Campbell and Biron are not close friends. Biron didn't think Campbell took the game seriously when they were teammates in Buffalo.

"Brian is a single guy and likes to have fun," Briere said. "But I think he takes the game seriously. To get to where you are, you need to be. I don't think it's an issue."

I will take Smith over Pratt..Bring him in if they let him go..

The newspaper in Edmonton actually printed a month ago that Smith is going to sign and return to play for the New Jersey Devils, where he began his career. Would love him in Buffalo...he's been one of my favorite players to watch for a long time now. He was awesome in Edmonton and in those series against Dallas in the playoffs which seemed to happen all the time.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers...ext_season.htmlPhilly Inquirer

"San Jose's Brian Campbell will be the best free agent out there on July 1. Flyers center Danny Briere is close to Campbell and may be asked to act as a recruiter, in the same way goalie Marty Biron recruited Briere last summer.

"I will definitely ask him, if it comes to that, and give him info just like Marty did for me," Briere said. "As far as speed and rushing the puck up the ice, he is one of the best in the league. There's no doubt about that. You look at where the league is going, you see more and more defensemen like him, guys who can move the puck and skate well."

Campbell and Biron are not close friends. Biron didn't think Campbell took the game seriously when they were teammates in Buffalo.

"Brian is a single guy and likes to have fun," Briere said. "But I think he takes the game seriously. To get to where you are, you need to be. I don't think it's an issue."

Very interesting.

Just because a guy gives 100% - 110% is impossible - doesn't mean he's good. Pratt is a very average player who is replaceable.

And Lydman and Tallinder are slightly above average players who give way less than 100%, making them even more replaceable, so as long as those two assclowns suck up 22 minutes of ice-time a night, I'm more than happy with "very average" stepping on the ice for 13-16 minutes.

At least Pratt doesn't try and jump out of the rink to avoid getting hit, like I've seen Tallydman do basically every night the past two years.

My point being, we have way bigger problems on D, than Nolan Pratt.

Just because a guy gives 100% - 110% is impossible - doesn't mean he's good. Pratt is a very average player who is replaceable.

But we know what we have in Pratt...a solid d-man that can more than capably fill in if someone is injured. This is the type of player you want on the roster, even if he's scratched 90% of the time.

I know they have different styles, but I'd really like to see Brooks Orpik or Jon-Michael Liles on the roster come October.

And Lydman and Tallinder are slightly above average players who give way less than 100%, making them even more replaceable, so as long as those two assclowns suck up 22 minutes of ice-time a night, I'm more than happy with "very average" stepping on the ice for 13-16 minutes.

At least Pratt doesn't try and jump out of the rink to avoid getting hit, like I've seen Tallydman do basically every night the past two years.

My point being, we have way bigger problems on D, than Nolan Pratt.

I'm giving 110% in my agreement with all of the above post. Don't replace me with Jason Smith guys...I'm an average poster with lots of angles.

I'm giving 110% in my agreement with all of the above post. Don't replace me with Jason Smith guys...I'm an average poster with lots of angles.

I didnt mean that as a s slap on Pratt..I would like both of them but I dont see them bringing in 2 vet def defensman, I think Smith brings more leadership and a little more Grit than Pratt does..If they cant get Smith then bring back a guy like Pratt..

I didnt mean that as a s slap on Pratt..I would like both of them but I dont see them bringing in 2 vet def defensman, I think Smith brings more leadership and a little more Grit than Pratt does..If they cant get Smith then bring back a guy like Pratt..

Sorry, not knee for Smith - two dislocated shoulders.

Guest Sloth

I know Philly has some money to offer, but they will not be able to match some other team that is going to throw way too much money at Campbell. The Rangers have a lot of money to spend and I'm sure San Jonse would like to keep him. The only way he'd be in Philly is if he plays for less then his "money value." I doubt he'll do that.

I know Philly has some money to offer, but they will not be able to match some other team that is going to throw way too much money at Campbell. The Rangers have a lot of money to spend and I'm sure San Jonse would like to keep him. The only way he'd be in Philly is if he plays for less then his "money value." I doubt he'll do that.

Philly is unlikely given payroll. I think he'll go to NYR or Ottawa myself.

Guest Sloth

Ottawa has financial issues. He'll probably end up in NY. I just wonder who the Rangers are not going to resign or pick up. I still think San Jose wants to sign him. Bernier is legit prospect and I'm sure San Jose wants something out of the deal. Sure, their main part of the deal was a shot at the Stanely Cup championship. It was a do or bust kind of deal. They need Campbell if they want to make another run. I don't know what their financial situation is though. They themselves may not be able to afford him. I'd love it if Campbell ended up w/ some team that has no shot but wants to pay him A LOT of money so they can have a "star" on their team.

Ottawa has financial issues. He'll probably end up in NY. I just wonder who the Rangers are not going to resign or pick up. I still think San Jose wants to sign him. Bernier is legit prospect and I'm sure San Jose wants something out of the deal. Sure, their main part of the deal was a shot at the Stanely Cup championship. It was a do or bust kind of deal. They need Campbell if they want to make another run. I don't know what their financial situation is though. They themselves may not be able to afford him. I'd love it if Campbell ended up w/ some team that has no shot but wants to pay him A LOT of money so they can have a "star" on their team.

There has been talk of moving Spezza which would clear space.

I don't see how San Jose signs Campbell without dumping a big name.

There has been talk of moving Spezza which would clear space.

I don't see how San Jose signs Campbell without dumping a big name.

When I saw this I quickly thought, I wouldn't mind having him on our team.. Then I remembered the brawl and how Kaleta, Mair and Peters went to town on him and his linemates during the infamous brawl, then checked his salary and completely ruled it out. He's making 8mm a year??? Holy crap.

When I saw this I quickly thought, I wouldn't mind having him on our team.. Then I remembered the brawl and how Kaleta, Mair and Peters went to town on him and his linemates during the infamous brawl, then checked his salary and completely ruled it out. He's making 8mm a year??? Holy crap.

I would never want Spezza, if only so I don't have to look at his goofy-ass smirk.

Archived