ISN'T ANYONE JUST SICK TO THEIR STOMACH??

Sabretooth73

I am tired of hearing so called "fans" talk about "enjoying" these playoffs and not having any stress since the Sabres are not in it.

I can't stand watching these other teams in it. We had such an awesome up and coming team, and in less than 2 yrs, boom, done. WTF!!!!!!

I know a lot of you think next year they will come back strong...but this is Buffalo people, I wont believe it until I see it. To me, every season without winniing the Cup is a disappointment. That's what its all about, period. I am tired of suffering with Buffalo teams. I wont stop being a fan, but GD it is really getting to me. Im 34 yrs old, so I know I havent suffered as long as some, but ive been thru a lot of heaartbreak with my teams.

A year ago $hittsburgh wasnt even supposed to make the playoffs but now look, theyre 6-0 in playoffs and winning tonite! HOW THE F CAN THAT DUMP OF A CITY GET SO GD LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Effing detest those inbred, disgustingly filthy, backwards idiots..... I hate the Rangers but come on....can someone please beat the pi$$ out of that si$$y crosby and his john elway sized tombstone teetch???

F $hittsburgh forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am tired of hearing so called "fans" talk about "enjoying" these playoffs and not having any stress since the Sabres are not in it.

I can't stand watching these other teams in it. We had such an awesome up and coming team, and in less than 2 yrs, boom, done. WTF!!!!!!

I know a lot of you think next year they will come back strong...but this is Buffalo people, I wont believe it until I see it. To me, every season without winniing the Cup is a disappointment. That's what its all about, period. I am tired of suffering with Buffalo teams. I wont stop being a fan, but GD it is really getting to me. Im 34 yrs old, so I know I havent suffered as long as some, but ive been thru a lot of heaartbreak with my teams.

A year ago $hittsburgh wasnt even supposed to make the playoffs but now look, theyre 6-0 in playoffs and winning tonite! HOW THE F CAN THAT DUMP OF A CITY GET SO GD LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Effing detest those inbred, disgustingly filthy, backwards idiots..... I hate the Rangers but come on....can someone please beat the pi$$ out of that si$$y crosby and his john elway sized tombstone teetch???

Here is a little playoff past to cheer ya up

Make that 7-0! Gosh, what fun! :D

Hey Sabretooth, why don't you just give in, head don-ton, grab an Arn City beer and a pack of Pall Mall's, and join the festivities in Pittsburgh? C'mon, you know you want to! Just let go, and feel the relief!

:w00t:

I know what you're saying Sabretooth, but I love hockey. I love watching it. I love playing it. It's the one sport that I really appreciate in this way. It does piss me off that the Sabres are not there, but I am able to disconnect that feeling and appreciate playoff level hockey. In some sense, I would say that we didn't even witness playoff level hockey too often last season when we were actually in it.

I know what you're saying Sabretooth, but I love hockey. I love watching it. I love playing it. It's the one sport that I really appreciate in this way. It does piss me off that the Sabres are not there, but I am able to disconnect that feeling and appreciate playoff level hockey. In some sense, I would say that we didn't even witness playoff level hockey too often last season when we were actually in it.

I don't want to sound like someone who wears rose colored glasses(I'm nowhere near that), but IF the Sabres can get their act together and make a run next year, the fans will be rejuvenated much like 3 years ago when the team burst onto the scene out of nowhere.

Guest Sloth

A small number of Sabre playoff games actually felt like the playoffs last year. It seemed as if the players thought they were still playing regular season games. Lack of playoff effort is what cost the Sabres a chance at the Cup last year.

You would be the most entertaining poster on the entire internet if you could just harness that hatred and focus it on more targets. I want to see rants like this about everything, the NHL playoffs, the presidential election, that Austrian guy who kept his daughter and inbred grandchildren in a dungeon, the little league baseball game you watched the other day.... you name it, I want to see you rant about it.

:worthy: . A hockey messiah, you are. You should change your name to Sabretruth73 because all you do to us is speak the truth about a city whose despicable fans do not deserve its 3 lockout draft ball-stealing, 2 Stanley Cup-winning, 1 Lemieux-owning joke of a franchise.

I know what you're saying Sabretooth, but I love hockey. I love watching it. I love playing it. It's the one sport that I really appreciate in this way. It does piss me off that the Sabres are not there, but I am able to disconnect that feeling and appreciate playoff level hockey.

I'm with you 100% on this. I don't play hockey at all, but I love watching the game. Nothing rivals the NHL playoffs with the intensity and speed of the game. I'll watch it through the Cup finals (I even did so last year) because it's a great game.

In some sense, I would say that we didn't even witness playoff level hockey too often last season when we were actually in it.

And I'll say that we saw the opposite in 2006 - playoff-level hockey at its best.

I don't want to sound like someone who wears rose colored glasses(I'm nowhere near that), but IF the Sabres can get their act together and make a run next year, the fans will be rejuvenated much like 3 years ago when the team burst onto the scene out of nowhere.

The main reason they'll do this is because they'd be the underdog - their entire 2006 run was based on the fact that nobody gave them a chance against anyone in the playoffs....even the Phlyers.

I think this team is still scary good, but let's see if they can put the pieces together correctly.

And I'll say that we saw the opposite in 2006 - playoff-level hockey at its best.

I saw it, too ... while watching all the other playoff games. :nana:

With the obvious exception of Game 5's heroics against the Rangers, there was rarely the intensity that you expect to see in the playoffs. As Thanes said, more often then not, it felt like they were stuck in regular-season gear.

Actually it is just the opposite, Tooth. I can watch games, sleep at night, and enjoy the play.

My stomach doesn't hurt. My head seems clearer. I can concentrate on my work. I can breathe.

Of course I would love to see the Sabres in the playoffs, but this is as close as I have felt to normal

in Springtime in 3 years.

I feel your pain. I don't understand why the Pens were able to turn things around, and we weren't able to keep things going. I already stated my problems with management, so all I can hope is that they make the right moves this offseason.

I saw it, too ... while watching all the other playoff games. :nana:

With the obvious exception of Game 5's heroics against the Rangers, there was rarely the intensity that you expect to see in the playoffs. As Thanes said, more often then not, it felt like they were stuck in regular-season gear.

I was referring to the 2006 playoffs, where we beat Philly & Ottawa, then lost to the Canes in the ECF. That was probably the best playoff hockey I'd seen since the inundation of OTs in the 1993 playoffs.

I was referring to the 2006 playoffs, where we beat Philly & Ottawa, then lost to the Canes in the ECF. That was probably the best playoff hockey I'd seen since the inundation of OTs in the 1993 playoffs.

Wow, holy blind on my part. You didn't by any chance edit in that "in 2006" part between when I read the post and clicked on the reply button, did you? If not, I really need to slow down.

Wow, holy blind on my part. You didn't by any chance edit in that "in 2006" part between when I read the post and clicked on the reply button, did you? If not, I really need to slow down.

Sorry....I'm pretty sure I had "2006" in there from the beginning.

Here - have one one me. :beer:

Archived