Would next year be a good time to drop the slug?

carpandean

no shoulder patches on the blue?

btw, i think frisky is right. as long as LQ is in charge, i'm afraid he'd going to try to keep that around as long as possible.

I could see LQ waiting a couple years and introducing a logo similar to the original crest and trying to turn it into a public relations coup, saying how the Sabres didn't like the Rbk design but were forced into it and now he's "listening to the fans" - all while pumping another infusion of merchandise cash into the coffers...

no shoulder patches on the blue?

Oops. Fixed it (though, Goat will have to fix it in his quote, too ... or leave it so that this exchange makes sense.)

Goat: I used the actual '05-'06 alt jersey logo in version 2, as opposed to my own re-drawn logo in version 1, so the "19" "70" doesn't work any more. However, with just the "1970" on the bottom, the open area up top looks a little weird. It helps a little to make it more of a muted color like silver/gray.

Edit - see what I mean:

post-1053-1208830880_thumbjpg

Maybe something like this:

post-1053-1208830907_thumbjpg

Anytime is a good time to get rid of the Abominable Snot Smear...

I've never completely taken to it. I loved the Goat Head when it came out. It looked mean.

Disclaimer: not trying to be insensitive here, just stating the following view on the slug. Sorry, but that slug looks too homosexual for me.

I like that logo that you created there. I am 99% sure we are stuck with the slug for the next 5-10 years, but hey, remember Calgary had that "horse with snot coming out of his nose" logo that they adopted as their jersey and people became fed up with it. And then what happened? They just updated their old logo with their current black "C". I think that's a nice looking jersey. So hey, maybe it will work out that we turn the slug into a 3rd jersey and use some kind of updated vintage logo/jersey like we should have done all along.

Damn, you mean it had a Sabres logo coming out of it's nose??? ;)

Do the following:

1. Grab a bar of soap.

2. Open your mouth.

3. Wash your mouth out with soap.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary until keeping the slug has been completely eradicated.

I like the slug...Actually I wish they would just go back to the blue n Gold..

Do the following:

1. Grab a bar of soap.

2. Open your mouth.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary until keeping the slug has been completely eradicated.

:lol: :thumbsup:

Slight update (still haven't decided how to change the text on the logo, but I saw a concept on NHLLogos with the blue bottom on the white, which I thought looked nice):

post-1053-1209743108_thumbjpg

Plus a fun third jersey that clearly fails to include the "Sabres" aspect of our team, but would be interesting on the ice:

post-1053-1209743132_thumbjpg

I love the Slug.

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it!??! :w00t:

Do the following:

1. Grab a bar of soap.

2. Open your mouth.

5. If it doesn't work, pour some salt directly over your head and be a slug.

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it!??! :w00t:

Do the following:

1. Grab a bar of soap.

2. Open your mouth.

5. If it doesn't work, pour some salt directly over your head and be a slug.

Now I love soap, too.

Slight update (still haven't decided how to change the text on the logo, but I saw a concept on NHLLogos with the blue bottom on the white, which I thought looked nice):

post-1053-1209743108_thumbjpg

Plus a fun third jersey that clearly fails to include the "Sabres" aspect of our team, but would be interesting on the ice:

post-1053-1209743132_thumbjpg

That 3rd is friggin' sharp. :thumbsup:

(Just drop the laces.)

Now THIS is a design I could go for, fo sho:

post-1492-1209847386_thumbjpg

We'd win several cups, and look DAMN good doing it!!!! :D

I never bought into the "wearing a jersey with another man's name on it is gay" school of thought, but I'm pretty sure rolling out jerseys with Patty LaLa's mug on the front would seriously impact merchandise sales to heterosexual males.

Archived