Alfie gets a pop, Putty Tat not happy

Chief Enabler

I actually think this hit was even cleaner than Neil's because it happens almost instantly after Alfredsson releases the puck...whereas the Neil hit was later and he had to take strides to connect with Drury.

I don't really get all the hate for Alfredsson anymore either after seeing him play live twice this year I admire the hell out of him because he's such a great player. So I'm not saying I enjoy him getting hurt, but I do enjoy seeing the outrage from Murray and others involved with the Senators.

I can only imagine Murray yelling from the bench after witnessing that hit...a whole lot of spittin and lispin goin on.

It's never good when people get hurt, but some have it coming more than others.

And what you say about Alfredsson is absolutely true, he is indeed a great player. Which is all the more reason I can't stomach his cheapshotting , he should be WAY too good for that.

So while I'm not particularly enjoying him getting hurt, I sure as heck don't feel the least bit sorry for him either.

Now had it been a guy like Chris Simon, it'd be sending the idiot a nice fan-mail with "serves you right you psycho POS" plastered all over it :lol:

Now had it been a guy like Chris Simon, it'd be sending the idiot a nice fan-mail with "serves you right you psycho POS" plastered all over it :lol:

I'm with ya there. There's no way he should even be allowed to play in the NHL right now. Of course I feel the same about Bertuzzi too.

Off subject a little but is there an NHL team with a worse collection of drivers than the Sens? Between Heatley and Emery you think the dressing room's DVD of choice is David Cronenberg's "Crash"?

Probably the drivers ed video, with a special feature on 'driving with your head down' for Alfie.

He replied to my e-mail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the note.

hope all is well.

Please note my new email address is: bruce.garrioch@sunmedia.ca

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Fri 4/4/2008 12:48 PM

To: Bruce Garrioch

Subject: hit on Alfie

Karma sure is a bitch huh Bruce. Of course that was a clean hit right?

Sabres fans don't forget that easily Bruce. You can't have your cake and eat it

to.

"admiring his shot."

Ahhhh, that excuse still irritates me to no limit. Remember, when its a player on your favorite team, they're always the victim. When its any other team, the player is always at fault. They're supposed to be able to see in every single direction.

He replied to my e-mail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the note.

hope all is well.

Please note my new email address is: bruce.garrioch@sunmedia.ca

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Fri 4/4/2008 12:48 PM

To: Bruce Garrioch

Subject: hit on Alfie

Karma sure is a bitch huh Bruce. Of course that was a clean hit right?

Sabres fans don't forget that easily Bruce. You can't have your cake and eat it

to.

His response sounds like an automated response -- kind of like an out-of-office message. I would send it again to his new address. It can't hurt if he gets it twice. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this topic is some great stuff! Elimination last night was a tough pill to swallow, but the writing was on the wall. And, after last night's hit, the Sen's response, and the reaction on our message board; all is right in the world. Somehow a link to this topic has to make its way to the Sens message board. Classic!

His response sounds like an automated response -- kind of like an out-of-office message. I would send it again to his new address. It can't hurt if he gets it twice. :rolleyes:

and I'd change that last "to" to "too" . :) I wanna see Murray say that three times fast.

Once again.....the Sabre fans prefer not exposing the truth.

This hit on alfredson was with an elbow and to the side of his head, sending Alfredson sideways and to the ground.

The hit on Niel was from the front, sending Drury backwards.

Instead of researching Miller's eyes, maybe I should send this board for a Dr visit.

Seriously.....go look at the Drury tape and tell me how he was hit from behind.

Both hits were from the side and slightly behind, ie in both cases, the player was blindsided. The key difference is that the time elapsed between Drury shooting the puck and then being hit -- i.e. the "lateness" of the hit -- was significantly greater than the time elapsed between Alfie shooting the puck and then being hit.

FWIW, I like Alfie and would trade anyone on our team (and maybe any two players on our team) for him except maybe Miller. I take no pleasure in anyone getting hurt, esp. not on a blow to the head. However, this really is karma payback for Murray and that slob of a sportswriter Garrioch.

Archived