Alfie gets a pop, Putty Tat not happy

Chief Enabler

Ahhhh, that excuse still irritates me to no limit. Remember, when its a player on your favorite team, they're always the victim. When its any other team, the player is always at fault. They're supposed to be able to see in every single direction.

Same here.

Once again.....the Sabre fans prefer not exposing the truth.

This hit on alfredson was with an elbow and to the side of his head, sending Alfredson sideways and to the ground.

The hit on Niel was from the front, sending Drury backwards.

Instead of researching Miller's eyes, maybe I should send this board for a Dr visit.

Seriously.....go look at the Drury tape and tell me how he was hit from behind.

Sorry Dwight - eye jokes aside, I just don't see where you're coming from here. The hit on alfie was NOT an elbow and it was from the side, not from behind. Bell catches up to Alfie then turns toward him before contact. From the original, full-speed replay it looks like it might be an elbow, but the slow-mo shows it was shoulder and the elbow flies on the follow-through.

, the slow-mo starts at about :17.

There is just no way this hit is worse than what Neil did to Drury.

Same here.

Sorry Dwight - eye jokes aside, I just don't see where you're coming from here. The hit on alfie was NOT an elbow and it was from the side, not from behind. Bell catches up to Alfie then turns toward him before contact. From the original, full-speed replay it looks like it might be an elbow, but the slow-mo shows it was shoulder and the elbow flies on the follow-through.

, the slow-mo starts at about :17.

There is just no way this hit is worse than what Neil did to Drury.

completely agree.

Yup.

Jason Lee's mistress wasn't kind to Sssssylvester nor the guy who rammed Hank's head into the boards.

Double Yup and thanks for reminding me about the hit that ran Hank from behind into the boards...... Great player but not Lady Byng material....

Double Yup and thanks for reminding me about the hit that ran Hank from behind into the boards...... Great player but not Lady Byng material....

How about when he looked at the clock, saw there was 4 seconds left of the 2nd, then fired a slapper at Niedermayer in last years finals? I mean you actually see him skating out of his zone, glance at the jumbotron, then proceed with a full windup and just let it rip at Niedermayer who's in the friggin' neutral zone!

All his skills aside, Alfredsson is a cheapshotting piece of crap, and while I have no specific desire to see him injured, I can think of at least 300-400 players I'd feel a whole lot more sorry for than this guy.

Yup.

Jason Lee's mistress wasn't kind to Sssssylvester nor the guy who rammed Hank's head into the boards.

Nice to see you around, Dave. Wish we could have seen more of you this year. :)

Okay, I had to do it. I just sent this email to his new address. I don't know if he will read past the first sentence or not.

Dear Bruce,

Put the twinkies down for a second and please read this. Remember last year on live TV you pretty much tore into Tom Golisano and his written letter to the NHL. I believe you said something along the lines of, he was basically whining to the league about cheap shots and hits to the head just because he thinks his star player got totally cheapshotted. Surely you remember this, right? Just maybe, if for once the league took this problem seriously, Ottawa's little prima donna would still be okay and able to continue on with his own dirty play. Karma makes the world go around brother. Enjoy another Cupless season up there in Ottawa.

Sincerely,

Scott Niedermayer and Hank Tallinder

He probably figures if he responds then he validates your beliefs.

I don't think he wants to get into battles with about 50 different Sabres fans. I feel like responding to that with an I knew you would understand when the shoe is on the other foot type of email.

Archived