Alfie gets a pop, Putty Tat not happy

Chief Enabler

Here's a link: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...&src=sports

the hit is at about the 1:10 mark. It does look a lot like Neal's hit on Drury, although I think Neal's was a later and dirtier hit.

If Neil's hit was clean, then this one is absolutely by the numbers.

Murray is such a POS hypocrite, and although it's never good when someone gets hurt, it's kind of poetic justice to see one of his stars go down to a hit identical to one he spent so much time defending last year.

Especially since Alfredsson is a cheapshot artist, who's been known to drive people headfirst into the boards from behind, given the oppoturnity.

Murray is such a POS hypocrite, and although it's never good when someone gets hurt, it's kind of poetic justice to see one of his stars go down to a hit identical to one he spent so much time defending last year.

Especially since Alfredsson is a cheapshot artist, who's been known to drive people headfirst into the boards from behind, given the oppoturnity.

Bingo. Agree with everything you wrote, especially the part in bold.

No surprise the fat POS reporter Bruce Garrioch from the Ottawa Sun who defended the Neil hit on the Shootout last year described the hit as a "vicious but unpenalized elbow".

Link

I can't stop laughing.

No surprise the fat POS reporter Bruce Garrioch from the Ottawa Sun who defended the Neil hit on the Shootout last year described the hit as a "vicious but unpenalized elbow".

Link

I can't stop laughing.

Didn't we have a email link to that fat bastard last year? I would love to send his fatass an email now. Remember how he called out Golisano because of the letter he wrote about dirty hits.

Here's a link: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...&src=sports

the hit is at about the 1:10 mark. It does look a lot like Neal's hit on Drury, although I think Neal's was a later and dirtier hit.

That was like a carbon copy of the Neil hit, but like you said, Neil's was definitely later than that one. You could also make the argument that it was a shoulder hit and his elbow came up after the hit.

Maybe Alfie should have had his helmet on right so it wouldn't have popped off. Then he wouldn't have been injured.

I didn't think that after last night that I could be cheered up today, but this thread has done it. I'm not happy that alfredson got hurt, but murray's reaction is absolutely hilarious. Bruce Garrioch calling it questionable is rediculious after what he said last year.

Didn't we have a email link to that fat bastard last year? I would love to send his fatass an email now. Remember how he called out Golisano because of the letter he wrote about dirty hits.

Ask and you shall receive...

Jabba's email is....

bruce.garrioch@sunmedia.ca

That was like a carbon copy of the Neil hit, but like you said, Neil's was definitely later than that one. You could also make the argument that it was a shoulder hit and his elbow came up after the hit.

Maybe Alfie should have had his helmet on right so it wouldn't have popped off. Then he wouldn't have been injured. Hahaha, I love it.

Good post. Neil's hit on Drury was definitely later than the Bell-Alfie hit.

FWIW, here's the

to the YouTube clip of the Kevin Sylvester - Garrioch interview last year. I think the term "it's a hockey hit, happens every game" should be in the subject line of any email sent to him...

I'd say this hit was a bit closer to when he released the puck and that it was a bit more of a blind-siding than the Neil hit, but yeah, pretty similar. Drury was hit from a player ahead of him, Alfreddson by a guy who caught him from behind (but not a hit from behind). Any elbow is definitely nothing more than a follow through, which does not qualify as an elbowing call.

But hey, maybe now we'll have one more guy in the "eliminate hits to the head" camp. Eventually this league will wake up.

This thread is just making my morning....

Another Jabba article about Tweety Bird's response to the Bell hit...

Link

"Who says the Battle of Ontario isn't what it used to be? Senators coach and GM Bryan Murray may have taken it to another level last night when he put the closest he could to a group of heavyweights on the ice for the final shift of the first period....After what appeared to be a blatant attempt to injure, Senators Cody Bass, Chris Neil, Christoph Schubert, Chris Phillips and Mike Commodore took the ice for the final shift. Only Bass dropped the gloves, with Leaf John Pohl."

MURRAY IS A HYPOCRITE TO THE NTH DEGREE.

(Although I love to listen/watch him try to say "Spezza" without spitting up all over the reporters)

This thread is just making my morning....

Another Jabba article about Tweety Bird's response to the Bell hit...

Link

"Who says the Battle of Ontario isn't what it used to be? Senators coach and GM Bryan Murray may have taken it to another level last night when he put the closest he could to a group of heavyweights on the ice for the final shift of the first period....After what appeared to be a blatant attempt to injure, Senators Cody Bass, Chris Neil, Christoph Schubert, Chris Phillips and Mike Commodore took the ice for the final shift. Only Bass dropped the gloves, with Leaf John Pohl."

MURRAY IS A HYPOCRITE TO THE NTH DEGREE.

(Although I love to listen/watch him try to say "Spezza" without spitting up all over the reporters)

You beat me by secconds. :

I wonder if he'll get fined 10 grand as well?

I think the term "it's a hockey hit, happens every game" should be in the subject line of any email sent to him...
I wonder if he'll have anything to say at all.

I sent him the email with that subject line, we'll see if he responds.

The text of my message was:

Guess who uttered that about a hit on a opposing player? Sabres fans have long memories Bruce...

I sent him the email with that subject line, we'll see if he responds.

The text of my message was:

Guess who uttered that about a hit on a opposing player? Sabres fans have long memories Bruce...

Please post his reply, if he is courageous enough to respond. I am interested in seeing if he tries to spin his way out of his reaction to the Neil-Drury hit or if he acknowledges the similarities between the two and admits that either both were illegal hits or both were legal but dirty.

Putting aside my Sabres' bias for a second, I truly believe, after watching the replays of both, that they were both nasty hits but Neil's hit was a little later (and therefore dirty.) Both guys came out of the victims' blind spot - the biggest difference is that Alfie had just released the puck and wasn't, as the idiot Sens trolls tried to convince us, "admiring his shot."

Please post his reply, if he is courageous enough to respond. I am interested in seeing if he tries to spin his way out of his reaction to the Neil-Drury hit or if he acknowledges the similarities between the two and admits that either both were illegal hits or both were legal but dirty.

Putting aside my Sabres' bias for a second, I truly believe, after watching the replays of both, that they were both nasty hits but Neil's hit was a little later (and therefore dirty.) Both guys came out of the victims' blind spot - the biggest difference is that Alfie had just released the puck and wasn't, as the idiot Sens trolls tried to convince us, "admiring his shot."

Without Fisher and Alfredson I think I would be selling Sens futures at market today.

I actually think this hit was even cleaner than Neil's because it happens almost instantly after Alfredsson releases the puck...whereas the Neil hit was later and he had to take strides to connect with Drury.

I don't really get all the hate for Alfredsson anymore either after seeing him play live twice this year I admire the hell out of him because he's such a great player. So I'm not saying I enjoy him getting hurt, but I do enjoy seeing the outrage from Murray and others involved with the Senators.

I can only imagine Murray yelling from the bench after witnessing that hit...a whole lot of spittin and lispin goin on.

Archived