Hasek Gets 75th Career Shut Out

bob_sauve28

As I've said before: he's out there. A dangerous bear lives in those dark woods. It's gonna take a lot of guts and not a little bit of luck to go in there and come out with the cup.

Like he isn't gonna come down with a phantom injury or just have a mental breakdown in the playoffs lmao. My money is on groin injury

Like he isn't gonna come down with a phantom injury or just have a mental breakdown in the playoffs lmao. My money is on groin injury

There's definitely a giant white elephant in the room that nobody's talking about. However, i'm not even looking at matchups in the west. Even though its plainly obvious that this is by far the best sabres team ever, i have a very hard time looking more than a game ahead. Take care of business in the east and just let the west play out.

speaking of the phantom injury... As we all know, hasek wears that custom molded one piece , extra padded helmet that runs about $2k at least. Needless to say, the thing could take a bullet and hasek would be fine. Last night, hasek was skated into by a duck... the guy barely glanced off of hasek's helmet. Naturally the Floppinator was in full effect and the game was delayed a few minutes for Dom to go to the bench and discuss with the trainer. Hasek's got his cup, he's got his olympic gold, he's got the money, he's got the fame... Little things like that remind you that he's able to flush his team down the toilet just because he can. That white elephant is there, but that white elephant is standing very close to a door that he's walked out of before. Just ask darius kasparitis and the 2001 penguins.

His body may or may not be able to stand up to the grind, but he's not going to fake an injury or lose his marbles. He's got the 1st-place team in the NHL in front of him and he wants another cup.

He couldn't play last year. Ottawa gambled on a 40-year-old goalie staying healthy and lost. Brian Murray, uptight career loser that he is, blamed Dominik for yet another choke job by a team that does it every year. It was a convenient excuse.

We can kid ourselves all we want, and we can be bitter about the way he left us (FWIW, I'm not), but pretending he's not an awesome player with a real shot at the cup this year is just self-delusion.

His body may or may not be able to stand up to the grind, but he's not going to fake an injury or lose his marbles. He's got the 1st-place team in the NHL in front of him and he wants another cup.

He couldn't play last year. Ottawa gambled on a 40-year-old goalie staying healthy and lost. Brian Murray, uptight career loser that he is, blamed Dominik for yet another choke job by a team that does it every year. It was a convenient excuse.

We can kid ourselves all we want, and we can be bitter about the way he left us (FWIW, I'm not), but pretending he's not an awesome player with a real shot at the cup this year is just self-delusion.

Exactly, I believe alot of the anomosity towards Hasek is just because he didn't bring the Sabres the cup, and didn't leave graciously. Yet people still treat Peca like he left on good terms

Hasek is probably the greatest goaltender to ever play the game, He didn't need a good team (like Roy) or a system (like Brodeur) to make him great. Don't take this the wrong way, Brodeur and Roy are great goalies too, and both future/current Hall of Famers, but Hasek carried put up huge stats on pretty bad teams. The guy is 40+ right now, and still one of the best in the game. He has also ruined buffalo fans on goalies that come in now because fans always expect Hasek like performances from the goalies to be considered good/great.

Personnally, I will always thank hasel for what he did as a Sabre, and the community, and will try to be an attendance when the Sabres raise his number 39 to the top of the rafters after he retires (for good)

Exactly, I believe alot of the anomosity towards Hasek is just because he didn't bring the Sabres the cup, and didn't leave graciously. Yet people still treat Peca like he left on good terms

I hate Peca. No 3rd line checking center is worth $4.5 million a year. I will never buy it at all. Sorry folks, but that's like telling me that Adam Mair is worth $4.5 million a year. I only wished Buffalo fans did what Ottawa fans did to Yashin and sued Peca for breach of contract since he was still under contract. Frankly, I'm still bitter we even acquired Peca in the first place. Mogilny for Peca and Mike Wilson? That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

As for the topic at hand, my problem with Hasek was his extortion of Darcy Regier. Ken Holland actually agreed to send Federov to Buffalo for Hasek, but Hasek would have none of it and said that we had to ask for a worse player in the deal or he would retire. And, that, is why I don't like Hasek. No doubt he will go down as one of the greatest goalies in NHL history, and would be statistically the best had he come the U.S. at a younger age. I enjoyed his time here, but the way he left will forever make me hate him. That's my opinion at least.

I hate Peca. No 3rd line checking center is worth $4.5 million a year. I will never buy it at all. Sorry folks, but that's like telling me that Adam Mair is worth $4.5 million a year. I only wished Buffalo fans did what Ottawa fans did to Yashin and sued Peca for breach of contract since he was still under contract. Frankly, I'm still bitter we even acquired Peca in the first place. Mogilny for Peca and Mike Wilson? That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

As for the topic at hand, my problem with Hasek was his extortion of Darcy Regier. Ken Holland actually agreed to send Federov to Buffalo for Hasek, but Hasek would have none of it and said that we had to ask for a worse player in the deal or he would retire. And, that, is why I don't like Hasek. No doubt he will go down as one of the greatest goalies in NHL history, and would be statistically the best had he come the U.S. at a younger age. I enjoyed his time here, but the way he left will forever make me hate him. That's my opinion at least.

Peca was NOT under contract the season he didn't play prior to being dealt to the Isles.

The Sabres also got the 1st rounder they turned into Jay McKee in the Mogilny deal.

Peca was NOT under contract the season he didn't play prior to being dealt to the Isles.

The Sabres also got the 1st rounder they turned into Jay McKee in the Mogilny deal.

You're right, my bad. Peca was a Restricted Free Agent. I still don't feel as though he was worth $3.5-$4.5 million a year like he thought he was. If he is worth that much, then that means guys like Adam Mair are also worth that as well. What Darcy offered him was the right deal, and I think a penny more was highly overrating him. Even though Peca gave us a few good years as did Jay McKee (and yes, Mike Wilson turned into Rhett Warrener who I think played very well for us), I am still bitter about losing Mogilny. I appreciate the trade more because of the Jay McKee draft pick and that Mike Wilson turned into Rhett Warrener, but I would have preferred to keep Mogilny at that time, just my opinion. Either way, I still hate Peca.

can you imagine peca on THIS team? he'd be adam mair, and we'd be debating sitting him when afinogenov gets healthy. I can't stand either peca or hasek because of the way they left. I don't blame them at all for wanting out... the buffalo sabres were one fart away from being moved or folded... I blame them for HOW they left, especially hasek... The extortion tactic has not been forgotten... As far as peca, his contract demands were just laughable, even in the "old" nhl. Sucks he had to go out the way he did, but without him leaving there would be no 06-07 team.

You're right, my bad. Peca was a Restricted Free Agent. I still don't feel as though he was worth $3.5-$4.5 million a year like he thought he was. If he is worth that much, then that means guys like Adam Mair are also worth that as well. What Darcy offered him was the right deal, and I think a penny more was highly overrating him. Even though Peca gave us a few good years as did Jay McKee (and yes, Mike Wilson turned into Rhett Warrener who I think played very well for us), I am still bitter about losing Mogilny. I appreciate the trade more because of the Jay McKee draft pick and that Mike Wilson turned into Rhett Warrener, but I would have preferred to keep Mogilny at that time, just my opinion. Either way, I still hate Peca.

Feel better. Wilson turned into Warrener, but then Warrener turned into Drury.

I save my disdain for owners. Especially, greedy, community-blood sucking owners.

Hasek was the Buffalo Sabres. No story was written about Buffalo during his tenure that didn't mention how he played in every game. He is kinda like the Tiger Woods of golf. Tiger's play is discussed in every tournament he plays in. 75 shut outs. Con-grat-u-la-tions. That is one hell of an achievement.

Peca was also the embodiment of the Sabres. He screamed blue collar. He still lives in Western New York. I for one would have loved to seen him in a Buffalo uniform again. Look at his impact last year in the playoffs. He played the PK and his goals were all huge momentum changers.

When players move on, I stop watching or caring about how they are doing. I only root for the active Sabres. Case in point, JP Dumont. He was my favorite player last year. I couldn't tell you how he is doing this year. Just a simple case of out of sight, out of mind.

Think all the kind thoughts you want about Hasek. But remember 2 things he has and always will be known for giveing up soft goals in big games, and when he was with the Sabres he would actually play poorer when faceing less shots. I loved him when he was here but once we started having some success and he became a cancer in the lockerroom and then on top of that decided that he would name the terms of his trade I started looking past his amazing numbers he posted with us.

Archived