Sabres @ Canadiens (02/07)

LabattBlue

What does everyone think of the goalie situation for the rest of the week? I say Miller Thursday, Biron Saturday, Miller Sunday.

With a big break coming up I would hope Lindy plays Miller the final three. Miller is great but is also young and seems to play better with alot of work. If Marty does play one? I also think it should be the Panthers. Carolina would be another "message game" and I would hope Miller and Briere would be in the lineup then.

When the break is done the Sabres might actually be at full strength. There are a bunch of decisions to be made as far as the roster goes.

-Another big road win for the Sabres.

-Screw you Habs fans and your stupid chant "ole, ole, ole..." or whatever it is your chanting. :angry:

-Anybody notice Fitzpatrick last night? No? That's because he is playing better the last few games since replacing Kalinin.

-I'm still being cautious about Miller, but I'm starting to believe this guy can carry the Sabres come playoff time.

-I've said it all year and last night was a perfect example. You don't want Campbell on the blueline come playoff time. He was directly responsible for both goals. First one, has was dogging it on the backcheck after an ill advised pinch. Second one, he has just caught napping as Kovolev got behind him. Dress him as a 7th defenseman for the PP, but do not use him in the regular rotation come playoff time.

-Good to see Max bury a couple. He's the only Sabre you can cheer for and scream at in the same shift. :)

-Anybody else feel Tallinder is quietly becoming the Sabres best overall defenseman?

-His timing is bad(so far), but I like the fact that I have seen Vanek go down to attempt a shot block several times over the last couple of games.

-Pound the Habs back in Buffalo, get the Florida monkey off our back and then off to Carolina for a showdown before the break!

GO SABRES!

GO SABRES!

GO SABRES!

They don't let the players out of the penalty box until their is a whistle.  So in effect they don't have to "pull" anyone off the ice.

If they are at 5 on 3 in OT (and it can be reached by a team taking 2 (or more) penalties in OT as well as having carryover penalties from the 3rd), as the penalized team's players come back onto the ice they CAN get to 5 on 5 in the OT. If the sides are 5 on 4 or 5 on 5 at a whistle, play reverts back to 4 on 3 or 4 on 4 at the next faceoff.

With a big break coming up I would hope Lindy plays Miller the final three. Miller is great but is also young and seems to play better with alot of work. If Marty does play one? I also think it should be the Panthers. Carolina would be another "message game" and I would hope Miller and Briere would be in the lineup then.

When the break is done the Sabres might actually be at full strength. There are a bunch of decisions to be made as far as the roster goes.

The only reason I want to see Biron start against Florida is that I want Miller fresh for Sunday night.

-Another big road win for the Sabres.

-Screw you Habs fans and your stupid chant "ole, ole, ole..." or whatever it is your chanting. :angry:

-Anybody notice Fitzpatrick last night? No? That's because he is playing better the last few games since replacing Kalinin.

-I'm still being cautious about Miller, but I'm starting to believe this guy can carry the Sabres come playoff time.

-I've said it all year and last night was a perfect example. You don't want Campbell on the blueline come playoff time. He was directly responsible for both goals. First one has was dogging it on the backcheck after an ill advised pinch. Second one, we has just caught napping as Kovolev got behind him. Dress him as a 7th defenseman for the PP, but do not use him in the regular rotation come playoff time.

-Good to see Max bury a couple. He's the only Sabre you can cheer for and scream at in the same shift. :)

-Anybody else feel Tallinder is quietly becoming the Sabres best overall defenseman?

-His timing is bad(so far), but I like the fact that I have seen Vanek go down to attempt a shot block several times over the last couple of games.

-Pound the Habs back in Buffalo, get the Florida monkey off our back and then off to Carolina for a showdown before the break!

GO SABRES!

GO SABRES!

GO SABRES!

Haha, glad that Euro soccer chant drives someone else nuts too.

Fitzpatrick did look better last night. The only time I really noticed him was when he broke his stick. Is it me, or is he pretty good on the penalty kill. This is not an observation from last night, but I think it was the Islanders game right after Christmas. They had him out on the penalty kill, and he looked pretty good (I was at the game, and keeping a close eye on him).

I know Miller is unproven in the playoffs, and he has not performed great in the AHL playoffs, but I think he has the potential to take us far this year. He seems to always be there to make the big save when we need him to. He always comes up big in the shootouts when the pressure is on. While this doesn't translate to playoff success, it is a good indication of how he reacts to pressure, and I have been pretty happy with what I have seen so far this year.

Nice points about Campbell.

Tallinder has improved a ton since the beginning of the year.

Labatt - I believe the Hab fans were chanting "ole ole ole ole". It is one thing I thought was a little clever. I took the rhythmical chant as a play on the opening lines from Byron Lee & the Dragonaires beach anthem "Hot Hot Hot" and the similarity with the french pronunciation of Huet's name.

-I've said it all year and last night was a perfect example.  You don't want Campbell on the blueline come playoff time.  He was directly responsible for both goals.  First one has was dogging it on the backcheck after an ill advised pinch.  Second one, we has just caught napping as Kovolev got behind him.  Dress him as a 7th defenseman for the PP, but do not use him in the regular rotation come playoff time.

I agree that Campbell didn't skate his hardest on the backcheck on the first goal. The pinch was NOT ill advised, as they were on the power play. They showed an endzone view of the play and he was going to keep the puck in the zone with his skate, and Higgins deflected it ever so slightly just before it would've contacted Campbell's skate. Campbell did dog it on the backcheck, however, and I'm sure Lindy will chew his ass for it.

Tallinder is playing well, but he still scares me. I don't have complete confidence in him yet.

Labatt - I believe the Hab fans were chanting "ole ole ole ole". It is one thing I thought was a little clever. I took the rhythmical chant as a play on the opening lines from Byron Lee & the Dragonaires beach anthem "Hot Hot Hot" and the similarity with the french pronunciation of Huet's name.

The Habs fans chant that every chance they get, regardless of who is in the net.

Other than it's annoying and it seems to fire them (the fans, not the Habs) up, I don't really know why they chose that as their "chant".

They did that chant before Huet was their goalie though.

Bottom line is, we're better with, then without Campbell. He has played well, he makes his mistakes, he's still young, he will learn and won't learn if he sits. He's given his all and when it comes to the playoffs, i will definetly wanna see him out there.

i have to agree with you on campbell. a liability defensively? yes he is, but the offensive upside is a dimention that no other sabre d-man brings to the table. mckee is all d, kalinin, tallinder, lydman, and numminen are good in both aspects, but no one comes close to the offensive threat that cambpell presents. i could see him as a 7th d-man if another is acquired, but i'm comfortable with him back there if not.

Bottom line is, we're better with, then without Campbell. He has played well, he makes his mistakes, he's still young, he will learn and won't learn if he sits. He's given his all and when it comes to the playoffs, i will definetly wanna see him out there.

While Labatt makes some good points about Campbell, his tendency to have some timely goals in key situations makes me want him in there. As someone said earlier, if he gets caught pinching, I don't mind. For the most part our forwards cover, and Miller is usually really good on breakaways and 2 on 1's (despite the goals last night).

The Habs fans chant that every chance they get, regardless of who is in the net.

Other than it's annoying and it seems to fire them (the fans, not the Habs) up, I don't really know why they chose that as their "chant".

They even have some jazzed up, fast version of that song. It's ridiculous. The only other place I've ever heard that for hockey is at Boston University where the fans use that chant when killing penalties. At least that makes some sense instead of randomly chanting it the entire game.

Bender will probably be coming back. The novelty of Chuck Norris should wear off pretty quick.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris eats steel, bricks, and the tears of small children.

Chuck Norris does not read. He stares down the book till it gives him the information that he needs.

anyone else want to continue?