Hockey Night in Canada's "Satellite Hotstove" reports...

Goodfella25

Take it for what it's worth, but that's what was said on tonight's "satellite hotstove" segment. This is the first time I have heard a name linked to Buffalo, and they said Darcy Regeir has LA's Aaron Miller "in his sights." Might be worth a discussion here, I know a few of us have mentioned his name already. The only thing is his salary, at 2.28MIL. Not sure where that money would come from, unless Biron is dealt.

Take it for what it's worth, but that's what was said on tonight's "satellite hotstove" segment. This is the first time I have heard a name linked to Buffalo, and they said Darcy Regeir has LA's Aaron Miller "in his sights." Might be worth a discussion here, I know a few of us have mentioned his name already. The only thing is his salary, at 2.28MIL. Not sure where that money would come from, unless Biron is dealt.

Biron would probably be what LA would want with their goaltending situation. Kotalik might be in this if Biron is not.

What does Aaron Miller bring to the table? Is he known for being a bruiser? If this ever went through and Biron was involved I'd at least like to know this guy has some skill. I see that he's 35 and has 5 assists and 5 total points. I know what we need is a defensive defenseman, since I really know nothing about him or his reputation, I just want to know if he'd fit our team and would be worth a Biron or a Kotalik.

What does Aaron Miller bring to the table? Is he known for being a bruiser? If this ever went through and Biron was involved I'd at least like to know this guy has some skill. I see that he's 35 and has 5 assists and 5 total points. I know what we need is a defensive defenseman, since I really know nothing about him or his reputation, I just want to know if he'd fit our team and would be worth a Biron or a Kotalik.

Well let me clarify that no names were mentioned in a potential deal going the other way, only Miller coming our way. Sure, Biron and Kotalik (for some reason on this board) are the names mentioned, but there is nothing to back that up. As for Aaron Miller, here is some scouting information per TSN.ca and TheHockeyNews.com:

D Aaron Miller

6'4 200lbs. from Buffalo, NY

Assets: Is big, strong and capable of effectively clearing the front of his own end. Avoids making big mistakes in the defensive zone and constantly displays the attitude of a winner.

Flaws: Isn't the fleetest skater and needs to be picture perfect in his positional play to avoid getting beat one-on-one. He won't ever provide much offense.

Career potential: Defensive defenseman.

Doesn't sound great to me. I know he won a Stanley cup as a member of the Colorado Avalanche, but so what. I'd rather see Adam Foote here, although again money is the big issue.

The last thing this team needs is a "defensive defenseman". The Sabres system is reliant on them having 6 d-man who can move the puck up ice and hit the initial pass out of the zone. Miller is not my first choice. He has only played two full seasons in his entire career.

I'm just playing GM here but propose this deal, I don't know the cap situation well enough to know if it work or contract status of the players we'd get back but here goes nothing:

TO ST LOUIS:

G Martin Biron

D Dmitri Kalinin

TO BUFFALO:

D Bryce Salvador

G Manny Legace

C Tomas Kana (prospect)

I realize we might not be improving much but does give us a big Dman that we lack, a veteran G to back up Miller and a prospect for the future. Thoughts?

D Aaron Miller

6'4 200lbs. from Buffalo, NY

I went to high school with this guy. He was a decent enough kid, but I will always remember him as he was in school: 5'10", 120lbs. He played well in school, but he was never very tough when I knew him. He usually got beat by the better skaters when playing D with us and was a fifth to sixth defensman in our depth chart.

He must have goten much bigger and much better in college...

I'm just playing GM here but propose this deal, I don't know the cap situation well enough to know if it work or contract status of the players we'd get back but here goes nothing:

TO ST LOUIS:

G Martin Biron

D Dmitri Kalinin

TO BUFFALO:

D Bryce Salvador

G Manny Legace

C Tomas Kana (prospect)

I realize we might not be improving much but does give us a big Dman that we lack, a veteran G to back up Miller and a prospect for the future. Thoughts?

Ummm... I can't see St. Louis trading Legace for Biron.... one former backup for a current one? Makes no sense. In fact, Legace and Biron are almost carbon copies of each other- played great as backups; great team players; all that. If they are not happy with Legace, I can't see them going after another backup with similar credentials.

The last thing this team needs is a "defensive defenseman". The Sabres system is reliant on them having 6 d-man who can move the puck up ice and hit the initial pass out of the zone. Miller is not my first choice. He has only played two full seasons in his entire career.

It just seems like 1-6 for us on D are "offensive defensemen." I understand that our system flourishes having D-men that are like extra forwards out there. However, doesn't anyone else think having a big, mean, sonuva b***h on D to clear out the front of the net and knock Dany Heatley's other front tooth out will be beneficial to this team's Cup Run? I mean, how many times do we see Danny, Vanek, and Drury get smashed in front of the opposing net (many of them penalties as well) Then take a look at our net. How many times do you see Kalinin or Teppo on their seats as a puck goes past Miller or Marty with two of their guys standing right in our crease cheering?

However, doesn't anyone else think having a big, mean, sonuva b***h on D to clear out the front of the net and knock Dany Heatley's other front tooth out will be beneficial to this team's Cup Run?

Kind of like Pronger? Look what happened to Anaheim when he went down. Their game has suffered.

FWIW, I heard on the Sabres telecast last night that Anaheim leads the league with 56 major penalties.

I went to high school with this guy. He was a decent enough kid, but I will always remember him as he was in school: 5'10", 120lbs. He played well in school, but he was never very tough when I knew him. He usually got beat by the better skaters when playing D with us and was a fifth to sixth defensman in our depth chart.

He must have goten much bigger and much better in college...

Weasel -

You went to St. Francis?

TO ST LOUIS:

G Martin Biron

D Dmitri Kalinin

TO BUFFALO:

D Bryce Salvador

G Manny Legace

C Tomas Kana (prospect)

personally, I'd rather see the following deal with the Blues:

TO BUFFALO:

RW Guerin ($2MM)

D Brewer ($2MM)

G Sanford ($.4MM)

TO STL:

G Biron ($2.1MM)

RW Kotalik ($2MM)

We'd get a serviceable backup -- not another #1 like Marty, but someone that can play in an emergency, a proven vet with Cup experience like Ruff wants, and a young tough blueliner that can skate....in return, Blues get a #1 goalie - beter than Legace, and a young, talented winger...a win-win situation

TO BUFFALO:

RW Guerin ($2MM)

D Brewer ($2MM)

G Sanford ($.4MM)

TO STL:

G Biron ($2.1MM)

RW Kotalik ($2MM)

We'd get a serviceable backup -- not another #1 like Marty, but someone that can play in an emergency, a proven vet with Cup experience like Ruff wants, and a young tough blueliner that can skate....in return, Blues get a #1 goalie - beter than Legace, and a young, talented winger...a win-win situation

Is Brewer a physical player? I haven't seen him recently, but I don't remember physical play being one of his strong suits.

TO BUFFALO:

RW Guerin ($2MM)

D Brewer ($2MM)

G Sanford ($.4MM)

TO STL:

G Biron ($2.1MM)

RW Kotalik ($2MM)

I would even add peters and a draft pick....just to make sure this deal goes through....i would love to see this deal come true

I would even add peters and a draft pick....just to make sure this deal goes through....i would love to see this deal come true

im not sure even st loius wants to take peters... then again they did pay 4 mill to mckee <_<

but yeah from what it sounds like that trade sounds sweet, a physical d-men who can skate, a vet with some experience, and a .4 mil goalie

HNIC also reported Regier is looking for a Mike Grier type forward..... and hockeybuzz.com mentioned the name Kevyn Adams.

Idk how this Adams kid plays, but he was tuff against us last year. I just don't know how good he is in the PK.

I've heard Adams or Chris Simon...from the usual suspects like spector, eklund, media speculation, etc., so I'm not reading too much into it, but Simon really intrigues me (as much as I HATED him in Washington)

Is Brewer a physical player? I haven't seen him recently, but I don't remember physical play being one of his strong suits.

He's no McKee or Warrener, but Brewer's 6'4" 230 lbs

to second guess myself, my only concern with getting multiple players from the Blues is chemistry -- would we screw up our lockkeroom by getting three guys from a losing franchise? I can see taking in one player without negative consequence, but do Sanford and Brewer know how to win? (at least we know Guerin does). Brewer has played in a total of 12 playoff games in his career...

how about gary roberts? i don't have the knowldege or intelligence to back that up with a potential trade scenario, but that is the kinda guy i think we could use for this run. we don't need to make a huge splash, but a quality, character vet like this kind of guy.

either way this plays out, this is extremely tough for darcy. guys like goose don't grow on trees and this whole connolly thing, all the while with a team that will be senstive to bringing in an outsider like they were last year.

HNIC also reported Regier is looking for a Mike Grier type forward..... and hockeybuzz.com mentioned the name Kevyn Adams.

Idk how this Adams kid plays, but he was tuff against us last year. I just don't know how good he is in the PK.

See, this is how bad rumors get started. They didn't report that Buffalo was looking for those kind of players. It was pure speculation. The guy said they're looking for a Mike Grier type forward and a Jay McKee type defenseman. See where they're going with this on?

See, this is how bad rumors get started. They didn't report that Buffalo was looking for those kind of players. It was pure speculation. The guy said they're looking for a Mike Grier type forward and a Jay McKee type defenseman. See where they're going with this on?

How is that any different then what you posted?

Archived