Hockey Night in Canada's "Satellite Hotstove" reports...

Goodfella25

Ted Nolan has a total hardon for Chris Simon. I think they are both Ojibawa. I know that Nolan wanted to get Simon when he coached here. I see no scenario where he deals him away now.

All you have to do is offer the Islanders some kind of stupid gimmick and Wang will jump all over it.

I went to high school with this guy. He was a decent enough kid, but I will always remember him as he was in school: 5'10", 120lbs. He played well in school, but he was never very tough when I knew him. He usually got beat by the better skaters when playing D with us and was a fifth to sixth defensman in our depth chart.

He must have goten much bigger and much better in college...

How many of those defensemen that were ahead of him in high school are in the NHL?

His +/- isn't horrible (-3) for the ice time he's logging (~20m/game), and considering he's playing on the 2nd worst team in the NHL, it's holds a little more weight. He does block a lot of shots as well.

I've heard Sean Hill's name thrown around. Just as old, but 20pts, upwards of 20-25min/game ice time, and only a $600,000 contract. Considering his potential offense, I'd rather have him.

Archived