About This Club

Everything about the 'beautiful game'

1. What's new in this club
  2. New Scotland (NS)

English Premier League 2018-2019

Well, Liverpool stays 1 point clear of Man C. This is wonderful. What is not wonderful, of course, is the fact that the police are investigating racism at the hands of Chelsea supporters at The Bridge. Shameful, if true, and I have no reason to doubt that it did happen, since it happens all the time.
  3. New Scotland (NS)

I hope that my new side, Liverpool, takes a run at him. Salah won't be playing for ever. Never give up on a top 4 until it is out of the question. Have to root for a CL birth even if an EPL title is out of question. Liverpool atop the table pending Man C and Sea result later this afternoon. I am starting to hate Man C as much as Man U since Man U is a joke.
  4. darksabre

Shame that Everton isn't going to be able to catch Arsenal. I like that they've managed to climb to 6th this season but being on the outside of the top 5 is a bummer.
  5. Sabel79

Arsenal - ManYoo this afternoon. I'm partially dreading it, but if my Gunners can win at Old Trafford and drive the final nail into Jose's coffin while they're at it, it would be delightful.
  6. sabills

Chelsea make bid for Pulisic: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-make-official-offer-for-christian-pulisic-but-dortmund-want-70m-transfer-fee-for-star-a4006631.html
  7. New Scotland (NS)

Meanwhile Man U continues to be terrible. Yesterday resulted in a draw against a team that would be relegted should the season end today. LOL!! MAN U!!
  8. New Scotland (NS)

The powers that be ordained it from the beginning ... Everton was not leaving Anfield with a W. Classic is correct, but see above.
  9. Sabel79

Oh dear. England’s #1 goalkeeper with a classic right there...
  10. darksabre

Everton loses in stoppage time on the Billsiest goal of all time
  11. Sabel79

Especially when Arsenal win them...
  12. darksabre

Derby games are the best
  13. New Scotland (NS)

They are pretty good, but have been pretty lucky, at least that is what I remember. This season was destined to be a two horse race from the beginning.
  14. Sabel79

Chelsea completely run off the pitch by Spurs today. 3-1 with Chelsea's goal coming in garbage time. It's hard to believe this is the first game they've lost this season, they're not very good.
  15. Sabel79

I hate-watched this game. Palace were incredibly unlucky not to win. They made some good chances but just couldn't finish. Jose is taking his scheduled 3rd season meltdown to near performance-art levels with this bunch. Love it.
  16. New Scotland (NS)

Upon closer investigation Man U managed a nil - nil draw today at Old Trafford against a Crystal Palace side that is barely North of the relegation line ... LOL!! Man U!! They are more despised than the Yankees and Red Sox combined.
  17. New Scotland (NS)

Don't look now, but Everton has jumped Man U (haha Man U) into 6th spot in the table.
  18. Sabel79

Oh there’s a reason. I mean, do you want to live in a world where we don’t know who’d win between Andorra and Latvia? I know I don’t.
  19. New Scotland (NS)

I hate these breaks for no apparent reason.
  20. Sabel79

Soccer

This period of deafening silence in the Soccer Club has been brought to you by yet another (but thankfully the last for a few months) pointless two week international break. Thanks, FIFA...
  21. New Scotland (NS)

That is a good result for you guys. Meanwhile the battle of Manchester was another dull affair, unless you are big on City. I have fully embraced Salah and Liverpool. So, we are going to crush you guys in a few weeks. Yup.
  22. darksabre

I'm pretty satisfied with the draw against Chelsea this weekend. Everton seems to have maintained a level of reasonable decency so far. Would be nice to get wins against Cardiff and Newcastle and maybe a draw against Liverpool. Who am I kidding, Liverpool is going to crush us.
  23. Sabel79

I wholeheartedly regret this decision...
  24. Sabel79

I think we can go ahead and call it: Fulham are doomed. ManYoo v. Adventures in Accounting F.C. coming up... since the earth will not open up and swallow them both, I’ll be watching the Arsenal game...
  25. New Scotland (NS)

Soccer

Welcome Jamiezzz and your awesome throw back avatar. When I saw the notification that you joined our little club and saw your user name I immediately thought of ... Jimmy Jazz ... 😎