Hey Smolinski...

LabattBlue

I'll NEVER forget that look when he figured he'd won game one with his goal. Only to see us tie it with seconds left and win it in OT on the first shift. Priceless

I am so glad we wiped that look off his face.

Haha, seeing the pic or replay of that "smug" goal just makes me laugh. Didn't see any smugness in last night's game though!

I'll NEVER forget that look when he figured he'd won game one with his goal. Only to see us tie it with seconds left and win it in OT on the first shift. Priceless

nor will i -- it's amazing how many fans remember that face he made.

i interpreted it as saying "yeah - like i was saying, ottawa's in the lead, b*tches!"

the thing that really frosted me about it is that there are many acceptable playoff-goal faces to make -- the whoop and smile (see max), the scream (see drury), the intense celebration face with some other motion like fist pumping (see danny), just to name a few -- but smug smirk ain't one of them.

i remember thinking (not for long): "you just scored a go-ahead tally in the late stages of a playoff game, bryan, f-ing act like it!"

jerk.

nor will i -- it's amazing how many fans remember that face he made.

i interpreted it as saying "yeah - like i was saying, ottawa's in the lead, b*tches!"

the thing that really frosted me about it is that there are many acceptable playoff-goal faces to make -- the whoop and smile (see max), the scream (see drury), the intense celebration face with some other motion like fist pumping (see danny), just to name a few -- but smug smirk ain't one of them.

i remember thinking (not for long): "you just scored a go-ahead tally in the late stages of a playoff game, bryan, f-ing act like it!"

jerk.

It truly does not get any smugger than that. That look is the pinnacle of smugness and webster should've updated their dictionary to include this picture.

That makes it so much better that we pulled that game out and wiped the ice with them last year.

Some one should send this picture to Lindy Ruff to put up everywhere in the locker room before we take on the Senators. Even though he's gone, that should get the Sabres engines revving to kick some serious senator behind.

How does it feel playing in front of 8,000 fans and on a sh---y hockey team. I bet that smug look on your face is nowhere to be found this year. Nice money grab. <_<

I still have no idea why you guys got angry or upset over this guys face. He scored what was then a HUGE goal in a see-saw game. If it was you, I know all of you would've had a similar or even more pronounced look on your face. I know I would. It was the playoffs. Furthermore..who cares, we won that game and the series. Get over it.

How come nobody got upset that Danny Briere freaked out after his game winning OT goals? How come Dumont didn't get blamed for celebrating too much after his OT winner in Game 3 against Ottawa? Sorry to be so critical...but Smolinski couldve put his stick between his leg and rode it like a pony.... maybe then i'd be upset.

I still have no idea why you guys got angry or upset over this guys face. He scored what was then a HUGE goal in a see-saw game. If it was you, I know all of you would've had a similar or even more pronounced look on your face. I know I would. It was the playoffs. Furthermore..who cares, we won that game and the series. Get over it.

How come nobody got upset that Danny Briere freaked out after his game winning OT goals? How come Dumont didn't get blamed for celebrating too much after his OT winner in Game 3 against Ottawa? Sorry to be so critical...but Smolinski couldve put his stick between his leg and rode it like a pony.... maybe then i'd be upset.

but but but, those were our guys! smolinsky is the enemy!! I think we hate the look because he made it AT our players... It's not like danny briere facewashed a ranger and began to laugh after we scored.... wait... he's one of us, ITS OK!!

just kidding... But smolinsky did make that look AT our players, not WITH his own players like dumont and briere did last year.

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I thought that Smolinski, in one smug, arrogant sneer, completely summed up the cockiness, arrogance and pomposity of the Sens, as well as their general disregard for the Sabres as a true challenge. That wasn't like Briere, who was celebrating an OT game-winner, it was a marginal player celebrating a late go-ahead goal like a C-list heel wrestler, trying to look cocky when he really looked pathetic.

But that's just my 2 cents... :thumbsup:

He had a near break in the first last night, and I saw the same grin on his face. Maybe it is just the way he looks, like Elway's hare lip...

It was weird though after that. After the game, I honestly wondered if he got hurt since I never noticed him again.

How does it feel playing in front of 8,000 fans and on a sh---y hockey team. I bet that smug look on your face is nowhere to be found this year. Nice money grab. <_<

Wow! Smolinski is still alive? I would have never guessed. Maybe I just got him confused with his career :w00t:

BMWolf has it--it's not because he celebrated a goal. It's because he looked ENTITLED. Which, as that game and four others demonstrated, he wasn't.

That night forever will live with me titled:

"The night that Bryan Smolinski crowned himself "Jesus" and Tim Connolly nailed him to the cross."

Please don't take the name "Jesus" and get all sensitive... It was meant to convey "savior"... I did say crowned HIMSELF... :D

BMWolf has it--it's not because he celebrated a goal. It's because he looked ENTITLED. Which, as that game and four others demonstrated, he wasn't.

EXaaaactly!

Standing there like the Cheshire Cat with that sh*t eating grin!

The Hockey Gods payed him back!

Archived