Top Five Hate List

PTS

1. Mario Lemieux - I have never liked this cry baby. I still remember Mario throwing his stick across the ice at the referee and not evening getting a penalty for it many years ago. He would cry about how he can't play in a clutch and grab NHL. Now the league is wide open and he's sucks. God I hate him.

2. Eric Lindros - He will never win the Stanley Cup. I said it from day one of his career. Because of the E-Train, Quebec lost their franchise and I liked playing the Nordiques. Nothing gave me more joy than shutting his ass down in the playoffs.

3. Jaromir Jagr - A floater among floaters. They guy has all the skill needed to be one of the greatest ever but has absolutely no heart. I love how he gets off the ice when his opponents break into the attacking zone.

4. Martin Havlat - I'm so glad he's out for the year or at least most of it. The biggest cheap shot in the entire league. You're not supposed to wish injury upon anyone but I think I would on him. After all, didn't he kick three players over the last two seasons.

5. Sidney Crosby - As known as Mario re-incarnated. Another cry baby who I can't wait to cheer against every time I see him play.

Honorable Mention - Alexei Yashin

Darcy Tucker - no reason needed :angry:

Jeremy Roenick - big friggin' crybaby and cheapshot artist :angry:

Daniel Alfredson - just because he's so damn good and always seems to kill the Sabres :angry:

Todd Bertuzzi - should be banned :angry:

I know this one is in the past, but...

Bernie Parent - If it wasn't for him, we'd have a Stanley Cup! :angry:

1. Roenick, for the reasons articluated by Blue (and because of his Nagano hijinks).

2. Lindros, for the reasons articulated by PTS.

3. Chris Simon. It was funny when this punk was trying to turn himself into a finesse player.

4. Derian Hatcher. Another cheapshot artist who is somehow lionized as a tough player.

5. Sidney Crosby. This selection was brewing as early as the Memorial Cup, but solidified when--in his first game as a teenaged assistant captain and against the Sabres--he began whining to the refs. Tell ya what, Sid: When you're all growns up and able to live in your own apartment (not a huge expectation of an 18-yr-old), then maybe you can THINK about complaining. When you have two dozen NHL games under your belt, you don't know enough yet. Shut up and learn.

I couldn't narrow my current list down to 5 guys, so here's 10 of my "favorites". Sorry.

1. Bertuzzi. The SOB is suing Steve Moore, could there possibly be anything more pathetic. (OK, Canada putting him on their OLYMPIC team. Yeah, that guy epitomizes the ideals of sportsmanship and good will.)

2. Erica. Cry baby didn't want to play for Quebec. Well, boo hoo hoo. I will never forget during the '95 lockout season, Philly was in Buffalo near the end of the season. Barnaby started a fight with him and he just couldn't get away from Barnaby. He finally slew footed Barnaby and then started pounding him with punches while Barnaby was down. Real classy. Also, he boarded a Senator during the guy's rookie season with an elbow to the head that broke bones in the guy's face. Definite class act.

3. Darian Hatcher. The guy should have been suspended the entire playoffs in '99 for what he did to Roenick.

4. Chris Cheaplios. The guy was the most talented goon I've ever seen play. He never needed to play nearly as dirty as he did / does.

5. Darcy F*cker. Talentless hack with no sense of remorse or class.

6. Jagr.

7. Yashin.

8. Brad May. I know he used to be a Sabre, but the guy was dirty plain and simple. When he'd get in a fight, he'd try to wrestle the guy while they were standing and then throw punches when he was on top of the other guy. He broke his hand sucker punching Ulfie from behind. He also appears to be the idiot that egged on numbnuts into nearly killing Steve Moore.

9. Roenick. Just STFU Jeremy.

and 10. The only one who I would love to have seen in a Sabres sweater, although he's getting long in the tooth now. Tie Dummi. I'd actually probably like him now if he played for anyone but TO.

Some from the past:

1. Ulfie. He ended Mondou's and Neely's careers. I believe there were a couple of other guys he knocked out of the league as well with cheap shots.

2. Dale Hunter.

3. Bobby Clarke.

4. Billy Smith. The Sabres never could beat him in the playoffs.

5. Kenny Linesman.

Just so people don't think I hate all tough guys / pests, some of my favorites fit those categories:

1. Robbie Ray.

2. Esa Tikkanen.

3. Bob Probert.

4. Varadastein.

Darcy Tucker- Yuck yuck yuck. Everyone says you hate these guys when they're not on your team but you love them when they are. Not this guy. Can't stand him.

Jeremy Roenick What a pompous fool.

Jagr Soft and lazy when he wants to be, like Pavel, but Pavel left...I could see Jagr doing it too but he might love money too much.

Tie Domi The little gnome that gnaws at your leg.

Dom I was really one of his biggest fans, but he done slapped us all in the face during that Red Wings press conference. But he is naturally crazy anyways or else he'd be number 1.

Favorites

Peter Forsberg The best player in the league

Stevey Y So much class and grit and the best leader a team could have.

Danny Briere He's really doing the job as our leader.

Mats Sundin Clutch is everything....he's really cluth in the playoffs

Ryan Smyth So gritty and he can actually score a bunch. A great great player to have in the playoffs...I would love to see him in a Sabres uni..... ;)

1. Robbie Ray.

2. Esa Tikkanen.

3. Bob Probert.

4. Varadastein.

Ray?

The only player in NHL history who has lost more fights then he was in? Makes your list?

I gotta tell you Dave, the respect is lower after this one.

The only thing Ray does worse then play hockey is TV. He is horrible.

Tucker- gutless cheapshot punk

Gary Roberts- master carver with the stick

Kasperitis - biggest whiner crybaby ever

Mark Recchi - soft little diver crybaby

Corson- Big bark no bite unless your not a fighter

Ray?

The only player in NHL history who has lost more fights then he was in? Makes your list?

I gotta tell you Dave, the respect is lower after this one. 

The only thing Ray does worse then play hockey is TV. He is horrible.

You're thinking of O'Reilly (Terry, not Bill). That guy won maybe 2 fights in his entire career.

I especially loved watching Ray play against the Pens because Jagr was scared senseless of Robbie. If Rob was within 30 ft of him, Jaromir wanted nothing to do with the puck. When he was younger he actually could backcheck decently and can you tell me honestly you weren't going nuts when he got the winning goal in Game 4?

The guy was a "gentleman goon". I never once saw him hit a guy that was down and never saw him hit a guy from behind, unlike Brad Maybe not. He also was a regular at the children's wards of local hospitals.

I liked Ray. I think he should have called it quits about 2 seasons earlier than he did, but for several seasons he was good at what he did.

1. Lindros (don't need to explain, still can't believe that stupid girl behind me at a game thought the Sabres should pick him up.

2. Bertuzzi (another obvious one...what a slap in the face to Eric Staal that this guy was named to Team Canada ahead of him).

3. Belfour (Played for Dallas when they won the cup, now plays for the Leafs...yeah, I don't like him).

4. Kaspiraitis (I have to admit, that was a nice throw to get the puck over the boards in the 2001 playoffs...but that is a penalty).

5. Jagr and Yashin are tied...So much talent, so little heart.

Honorable Mention:

New Jersey Devils fans (go to a game at the Meadowlands...you will understand).

1.)Bertuzzi - F'n moron, this idot really hurt (among other things) the NHL

2.)Lindros - I'm so glad he's in Toronto, NHL punching bag

3.)Jeremy Roenick - Cry baby

4.)Satan - Glad he's gone!

Blast from the past*

5.)Billy Smith - Almost took out D. Gare's (I think?) eye with an illegal stick, SOB!!

Jeff

1) Mark Recchi-no one dives more and whines more

2) Claude Lemiux-he invented the "turtle"

3) Darcy Tucker-cheap shot artist

4) Jeremy Roenick-not enough space to elaborate

5) Brett Hull-no goal sucked, but this guy is just an a-hole

6) Brad May-he sucker punched Derek Plante, way to go tough guy

7) Hasek-great player, weird dude

8) Darius Kasperitis-mother f*cker

9) Eric Lindros-constantly running people into boards with elbows/from behind

10) Ulf Samuelsson-dirtiest play since 70's

You're thinking of O'Reilly (Terry, not Bill). That guy won maybe 2 fights in his entire career.

I especially loved watching Ray play against the Pens because Jagr was scared senseless of Robbie. If Rob was within 30 ft of him, Jaromir wanted nothing to do with the puck. When he was younger he actually could backcheck decently and can you tell me honestly you weren't going nuts when he got the winning goal in Game 4?

The guy was a "gentleman goon". I never once saw him hit a guy that was down and never saw him hit a guy from behind, unlike Brad Maybe not. He also was a regular at the children's wards of local hospitals.

I liked Ray. I think he should have called it quits about 2 seasons earlier than he did, but for several seasons he was good at what he did.

Doesn't Jagr have like 25 goals and 50 assists against the Sabres. I would hate to see what he could do if he didn't live in fear :lol:

Being a nice guy is one thing. He was a waste of a roster spot. No one, not even Jagr, came into town thinking "OK, we have to watch ourselves. Rob Ray is playing tonight".

Like Andrew Peters today, Ray is a waste of a roster spot. If want a tough guy? Have a guy like Domi, Probert or McSorely. Players who WON fights and could contribute a regular shift and score now and then.

Ray doesn't even make the top 10 Buffalo fighters/tough guys list.

1. Eric Lindros. Now and forever.

2. Jeremy Roenick. What's that you say, J.R., I can't hear you. I've got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging up my ears.

3. Brett Hull. No need to explain.

4. Eddie Belfour. One BILLION dollars!

5. Derian Hatcher. Team USA will be sorry they picked this loser.

Oh, and every Filthy Cryers goalie from the last ten years, from Hextall on down through that cheater Snow (his shoulders looked a mite smaller the other night, didn't they?) and Beezer and Boucher and Cechmanek and, hell, I can't even NAME all of them they had so many... and we owned them all. :D

Doesn't Jagr have like 25 goals and 50 assists against the Sabres. I would hate to see what he could do if he didn't live in fear :lol:

Being a nice guy is one thing. He was a waste of a roster spot. No one, not even Jagr, came into town thinking "OK, we have to watch ourselves. Rob Ray is playing tonight".

Like Andrew Peters today, Ray is a waste of a roster spot. If want a tough guy? Have a guy like Domi, Probert or McSorely. Players who WON fights and could contribute a regular shift and score now and then.

Ray doesn't even make the top 10 Buffalo fighters/tough guys list.

And Robbie with his 6 shifts a night was on the ice for so many of Jagr's goals.

I noticed once again you ignored my question.

Also, you keep posting that Ray lost all of his fights. This is nice revisionist history and basically below you. Since 2000 that is probably close to correct and I have stated that he should have called it quits a few years ago. Prior to the "Rob Ray rule" implementation I can think of about 3 fights he lost. In the interim, I'd say he won about 1/2 of them.

And Robbie with his 6 shifts a night was on the ice for so many of Jagr's goals.

I noticed once again you ignored my question.

Also, you keep posting that Ray lost all of his fights. This is nice revisionist history and basically below you. Since 2000 that is probably close to correct and I have stated that he should have called it quits a few years ago. Prior to the "Rob Ray rule" implementation I can think of about 3 fights he lost. In the interim, I'd say he won about 1/2 of them.

I really don't care who scores the goal. As long as they get in the net.

As far as Ray's fighting? You must be confused between May and Ray. With the names being so close I can see how it could happen. May was a heavyweight. Ray a bantam weight at best. But I guess if you consider unstrapping you uniform to gain an advantage a good thing. You probabbly have no problem with Peters juiceing. It's the same thing. They were both legal at the time I guess.

Top 5 Sabre Tough Guys

1) Kevin Maguire

2) Brad May

3) Schoeny(before he found god)

4) Larry Playfair

5) Mike Hartman

All of which wouldn't even waste their time with Ray, if he played against them.

Dave? Maybe you can make a list of Ray's greatest fights? And maybe point out some of the Domi fights fans say he ??won??.

As far as Ray's fighting? You must be confused between May and Ray. With the names being so close I can see how it could happen. May was a heavyweight. Ray a bantam weight at best. But I guess if you consider unstrapping you uniform to gain an advantage a good thing. You probabbly have no problem with Peters juiceing. It's the same thing. They were both legal at the time I guess.

What a truly assinine thing to say.

Top 5 Sabre Tough Guys

1) Kevin Maguire

2) Brad May

3) Schoeny(before he found god)

4) Larry Playfair

5) Mike Hartman

DeLuca -- sorry, but Playfair is #1, Schony is #2 and nobody else is even close. Playfair gets the nod for being undisputed, undefeated league heavyweight champ for his entire NHL career. I'd rather have Schony on my team b/c he was a really good player AND he challenged the entire Bruins team, but if the list is fighters, it's Playfair.

I don't really dislike any current players, although I'm glad to be rid of Miro. Previous enemies:

1. Dale Hunter

2. Ken Linseman

3. Mike Palmateer -- maybe not his fault, but he ended Rico's career on a knee-to-knee hit

4. Scotty Bowman -- nobody talks about it, but he traded away Martin, Gare, Schony, etc., and never got the sabres anywhere.

5. The Rigases -- almost cost us the team

Go Sabres.

Archived