GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

its Ted Nolan vs. Lindy Ruff... its Zhitnik and Miro out to maybe prove a point against Lindy and Darcy... eh? who cares.... i'm more concerned if the sabres play like its a letdown game (which it is) or if they whoop a lesser team (which they are capable of doing). These types of games are what defines a team from being on a hot streak to being legit contenders. We all know that the sabres have been known to play down to their competition in the past. I Think they may have excersized those demons last year, but it would be nice to keep it going... I'm making a bold prediction of 3-0 tonight with miller getting his first shutout. I hated the defensive play against les guanentees in the third, but i loved the attitude that tallinder and lydman gave after the game regarding their play. time for them to make amends and get ryan his shutout, one game later.

And as for that nolan vs. ruff thing, that's so not even an issue.

7:30pm

its Ted Nolan vs. Lindy Ruff... its Zhitnik and Miro out to maybe prove a point against Lindy and Darcy... eh? who cares.... i'm more concerned if the sabres play like its a letdown game (which it is) or if they whoop a lesser team (which they are capable of doing). These types of games are what defines a team from being on a hot streak to being legit contenders. We all know that the sabres have been known to play down to their competition in the past. I Think they may have excersized those demons last year, but it would be nice to keep it going... I'm making a bold prediction of 3-0 tonight with miller getting his first shutout. I hated the defensive play against les guanentees in the third, but i loved the attitude that tallinder and lydman gave after the game regarding their play. time for them to make amends and get ryan his shutout, one game later.

And as for that nolan vs. ruff thing, that's so not even an issue.

Just like they did opening night last year and every other time they played the Sabres last year.

I'm on record as saying first loss doesn't come until November. B-)

I agree with that statement and also go on record as saying we will average a maximum of 3 loss per month of the season (18 losses max).

Tonight, I am feeling good:

Sabres - 5

Pylonders - 2

Drury, Briere and Vanek keep up thier point streaks.

Max gets 5 points tonight.

Sabres give up no pp goals tonight and get 1 themselves.

As I sit at my desk growing more apprehensive about this game, it occurs to me that although the Islanders are going to want to win this one for Nolan, the Sabres are going to want to win this one for Lindy. This Sabres team has far more history with Lindy than this Islanders team has with Nolan.

Am I grasping at straws? Quite possibly. But I will predict Sabres 5, Islanders 2, with more fireworks from Roy-Max-Vanek.

you know, i'm not really in the fanfair of this whole record thing... I don't think the sabres are either. upon the reflection of the day, unless something drastic happens, it will be just another day at the office. I'll stand by my original prediction of 3-0.

3-2 (regulation) Buffalo, goals coming from Vanek, Pomn Pomn, and Novotny gets the GWG.

Ted Nolan and Lindy Ruff get close to a fist fight in the tunnel during a tense moment while the game is tied 2-2, mics pick up Lindy yelling "eat some more donuts."

And now that the game is starting....

Wow, that is one of the... ummm, most interesting version of the Star Spangled Banner I've heard.

And by interesting I mean bad.

Starting to see the same pattern here. Other team tries their best to control the play in the first. Buffalo weathers the storm and takes it to them in the second and finsihes them off in the third. Buffalo is outshooting NYI so far, but NYI getting good chances. Miller sharp!