GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

BTW, I think for the Sabres to TRULY tie and/or beat the NHL mark for best start, they'll need to go win at least 4 more games in regulation or OT.

Why stop there? If you're going to look at it that way, you might as well exclude OT wins also. That takes the Maple Laffs out of the picture. In that case, the Sabres still have the best start, just not this season's Sabres.

Why stop there? If you're going to look at it that way, you might as well exclude OT wins also. That takes the Maple Laffs out of the picture. In that case, the Sabres still have the best start, just not this season's Sabres.

How long have they been playing OT's? The SO just started last year but I assume OT (and winning in OT) has been around a long time.

The Canadiens just scored to make it 3-2 over the Bruins with 1.8 seconds left.

Well, if you want to cross seasons, a win tonight would give us our 15th straight regular season win. :)

I don't think crossing seasons is valid in my mind. I keep hearing that. It is nice, but shouldn't count or matter. We lost a few games on the way to the ECF.

They only started playing OT since 1983? :blink:

To quote Wiki (obviously not a scholarly source, but usually reliable):

Not since World War II travel restrictions caused the NHL to drop regular season overtime games in 1942-43 had the NHL used overtime to decide regular season games. Starting this season, the NHL introduced a five minute extra period of overtime following the third period in the event of a tied game. If the game remained tied after the five minute extra period, it remained a tie. Overtime in the Stanley Cup playoffs remained unchanged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983-84_NHL_season

Went to the game tonight and had a blast. For starters it was empty! Although there were a lot of Sabres fans there. There was a big mix of vintage, red and black and slugs. Not much to add about the game that hasn't been said, although I will say the first goal was in front of us and it was a blast. Miller had a great game. It was definately great to be there to see them tie the record.

I wore my new Miller home jersey. I did get a few comments. The guy at the gate asked me if it was a Pittsburgh jersey. The other 2 comments I got were "Those jerseys are pretty sweet," and "That jersey is pretty cool."

Went to the game tonight and had a blast. For starters it was empty! Although there were a lot of Sabres fans there. There was a big mix of vintage, red and black and slugs. Not much to add about the game that hasn't been said, although I will say the first goal was in front of us and it was a blast. Miller had a great game. It was definately great to be there to see them tie the record.

I wore my new Miller home jersey. I did get a few comments. The guy at the gate asked me if it was a Pittsburgh jersey. The other 2 comments I got were "Those jerseys are pretty sweet," and "That jersey is pretty cool."

You were wearing the vintage blues, right?

I am not sure if Max can be consistent throughout the season(and the playoffs), but I am surprised by his point total to date. If he can keep this up and end up with 85+ points, his recently signed contract is going to end up being a steal for the Sabres.

If other GM's haven't noticed yet, what Max has done to Hatcher and Witt in recent games is going to make them realize that the slow footed blueliners have no future in the NHL.

One note on the game...it is very encouraging that the Sabres can have a game as sloppy as this one was at times, and still come away with a 3-0 road victory.