GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

will the sabres set a franchise record tomorrow night? will they come within one win of tying the league record? will the canadiens rally around niinamaa's words? will his words be on the visitors locker room bulletin board by tomorrow? my vote, yes... sabres 4 habs 1

This one and Atlanta will both be tough tests.

Those are the only 2 tough ones on paper, though, until the middle of November when they have a fairly tough week (at the Canes, home to the Otters and Crysby, and then in Otterland the next night).

It will be interesting how the Sabres handle this week and then that next 2 week stretch. We might have to see how they bounce back from a loss (hopefully not, it would be kind of cool to see them get the NHL record) and see if they can continue to put their foot on the throats of weaker opponents. Hopefully, their tendency to give up the 1st goal doesn't catch up to them (they've done it in 1/2 their games). It hasn't yet.

It's pretty obvious that they aren't going to sneak up on anyone this year.

Enjoy the ride boys (and Monkeygirl).

After the message from the Canadian, Buffalo will use it as motivation and win.

Right on. You don't tug on Superman's cape. Montreal is good but Miller is going to be annoyed about giving up the late goal vs. Carolina and then sitting, and the rest of the team is going to be PO'd about Ninny-maa. Montreal likes to play a skating game, which means the Roy-Max-Vanek line will probably stay in the zone. Sabres, 4-2.

These team looks very evenly matched. This game will break on breaks. Powerplays will probably determine it. I don't see a lot of even-strength goals. They both have speed, great shooters and decent goal tending. They have similar PP and PK stats. Montreal had the better game the first time around and lost on some late period lapses/heroics. If you want to see how good you are, play the best and beat them. That is all the incentive they need. I see this as a one goal game: 3-2. We are due to lose and my poll prediction was this was going to be the game. Third game in four nights and on the road to boot against a quality opponent.

They win tonight and I predict they don't lose until November. Islanders are down this year. Atlanta will be tough, but we will be home and rested. Atlanta will be playing their fourth road game in six nights and will be tired.

These team looks very evenly matched. This game will break on breaks. Powerplays will probably determine it. I don't see a lot of even-strength goals. They both have speed, great shooters and decent goal tending. They have similar PP and PK stats. Montreal had the better game the first time around and lost on some late period lapses/heroics. If you want to see how good you are, play the best and beat them. That is all the incentive they need. I see this as a one goal game: 3-2. We are due to lose and my poll prediction was this was going to be the game. Third game in four nights and on the road to boot against a quality opponent.

They win tonight and I predict they don't lose until November. Islanders are down this year. Atlanta will be tough, but we will be home and rested. Atlanta will be playing their fourth road game in six nights and will be tired.

I think both teams have much more than decent goaltending.

I think both teams have much more than decent goaltending.

Okay.. How about above average goal tending :blush:

Everytime I look at the conference standings I just shake my head. I can't recall the last time a Buffalo * team lead the league in scoring. Maybe back in the Bills hey dey. But 42 goals is awesome. 5.2 goals per game blows away my expectations for October hockey.