GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Gametime: 7:00pm

TV: Versus (formerly OLN) Directv Channel 608

Buffalo Radio: wgr550am

Streaming broadcast: http://www.wgr550.com

It's here baby... after the dust settling, the draft, the free agency period, and 3 months of turmoil, its here. The regular season begins against the hurricanes... the same team that beat the Rochester Americans in the eastern conference finals last year. We saw how they handled jillson, janek and fitzpatrick (god i hate that fu--er!) now lets see how they can handle kalinin, tallinder, spacek, and numminen.

I predict a loud rbc crowd, doing a lot of cheering along with the PA system generated noise, and they the sabres taking control and ripping the canes. 4-1 is my prediction. Briere, vanek, tallinder, and novotny with the goals.

as for the game threads for this year, we'll keep them pinned no more than 24 hours before the game and no later than 24 hours after the game. Please be advised, all game discussion during and after the game should take place in these pinned threads. We will be in the chatroom during the games. The link is http://www.sabresreport.com/chat. if you happen to start a new thread (hey, we all have brain farts, me included) we'll just merge them here... It's going to be a great sabres season, and another great season for our TSR community.

Again, we encourage game day participation here at TSR... now, lets kick some @$$ tomorrow!

why not? was jay mckee the sole reason for our success??

Nah, nothing tangible that happened with the roster. I just got a bad feeling, especially with every hockey publication touting the Sabres as Cup favorites. I can't remember any team that I root for living up to lofty expectations. You might want to exclude the early 90's Bills but alas they did not win the big one.

Nah, nothing tangible that happened with the roster. I just got a bad feeling, especially with every hockey publication touting the Sabres as Cup favorites. I can't remember any team that I root for living up to lofty expectations. You might want to exclude the early 90's Bills but alas they did not win the big one.

I kinda know what you mean. It doesn't seem right that any of us should actually believe that we have a great shot at winning the Cup. We are fans of Buffalo sports teams and we always, always, get kicked right in the groin. I felt this way for most of last season. We'll blow it, we'll hit the skids, our goaltending will fall apart, we won't hit the open net to win the game.

But that team last year never, ever gave up, on themselves, or the game. They were downright dangerous in the third period of almost every game. They didn't blow the shot. They made the save or, when the goalie was beat, a defenseman cleared the puck out of harms way. I got so that I stopped waiting for Sabres to blow it and just sat back and enjoyed the ride. I'm going to try and do the same this year, right out of the box, starting tonight.

I kinda know what you mean. It doesn't seem right that any of us should actually believe that we have a great shot at winning the Cup. We are fans of Buffalo sports teams and we always, always, get kicked right in the groin. I felt this way for most of last season. We'll blow it, we'll hit the skids, our goaltending will fall apart, we won't hit the open net to win the game.

But that team last year never, ever gave up, on themselves, or the game. They were downright dangerous in the third period of almost every game. They didn't blow the shot. They made the save or, when the goalie was beat, a defenseman cleared the puck out of harms way. I got so that I stopped waiting for Sabres to blow it and just sat back and enjoyed the ride. I'm going to try and do the same this year, right out of the box, starting tonight.

I thought the same thing last year. They never showed that "Buffalo" psyche though, and that is why I have high hopes for this year...

They should certainly have the proper motivation.

Nice closing bit in today's Buffalo News article:

"Perhaps it begins tonight, and the Hurricanes celebrating their championship could be a positive indicator for the Sabres.

One year ago, when the Tampa Bay Lightning unfurled its banner, the visitors were the Hurricanes."

Damn I am getting fired up...LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!

I got chills, just logging on and seeing GAME DISCUSSION THREAD!

It's been too long since I've seen that.

Predictions tonight? Yes, Lindy will have his boys out on the bench when the Canes go through their raising of the "Southeastern Conference Champions" banner.

The Sabres and Canes play an even 1st period, Buffalo gets a PP goal from Spacek, but really starts to take over in the 2nd and 3rd. Miller is solid, but not unbelievable. The defense is outstanding.

Buffalo wins 4-1, goals from Spacek, Vanek, Mair and Drury.

Let's GO BUFF-A-LO!

Does anyone feel the way I do today?

Rhetorical question, I know. But for me, this game has the same sense of urgency as it did for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Maybe we're not playing for the Cup tonight, but we're playing for pride. I'm hoping tonight's game is a cathartic experience for those of us who are chomping at the bit to show the Hurricanes what the Sabres are all about.

There's no excuses tonight. No D-line injuries, no crappy ice, no nothing.

In the words of Marv...

"Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?"

Right on, wnyguy. We don't quit. We come in waves. We skate like crazy for 60 minutes, we dig it out of the corners, we block shots, we pass crisply out of the defensive zone, we rush up on offense, we swarm the net for rebounds and we convert.

Carolina is pretty GD good too though, so I'm not predicting an easy win. If Miller plays well we will win 4-3.

Here we come baby. Lindy's boys have unfinished business.

The game is on versus... I dont think I get that channel with my regular Time Warner Cable in Buffalo.. will the game also be on MSG or am I not going to be able to watch it?

(Ch. 71 in Erie and Niagara counties, Ch. 66 in Springville, Olean and Wellsville)

If you don't get 71 in Buffalo, you don't get it.

(Ch. 71 in Erie and Niagara counties, Ch. 66 in Springville, Olean and Wellsville)

If you don't get 71 in Buffalo, you don't get it.

On DTV HD channel tonight will have to stream WGR audio for rick and Jim since Sirius is carrying canes announcers. Glad I have my HD DVR so I can pause the broadcast till radio streaming gets started. I thought about attending the game but it would only make me sick having to see the canes raise the banner and their champagne drinking fans enjoy the moment. I am hoping for a sabres flurry and out right cane beating tonight.