Somebody rip the mic out of her hands

GoSabresGo

Ok, she has got to go. She might be blonde and semi-good looking but damn I wanted to cut my ears off everytime she started screeching. Totally unnecessary and to me a distraction of my night. They need to dump her ass pronto. Why do they always try to come up with these lame gimmicks to pump the crowd up. I would say that most of us paid our money to get pumped up on hockey. Anyway, she has to go.

I have no clue what this is all about, but it never has stopped me from offering an opinion before. Why are gimmicks needed to pump up a hockey crowd? Especially with fan enthusiasm for this team at almost a fever pitch, record level? If fans want to sit on their hands and be quiet, so be it. When they realize how quiet it is, they'll probably make some noise. But if you make the noise for them, they probably figure, why bother?

Whoever she was, she was brutal. I was hoping sabretooth would beat her over the head with his drumstick but the puppet was having a hard enough time making contact with the drum! For all the workout footage of sabrepuppet on the jumbotron, he sure was off his game too.

I still don't like the new uniforms, but the numbers are alot easier to read from the 300 level. Whatever, I just want the ferrets, er, sabres to win!!

She was baaaaaaaaad...She stammered, stuttered and had a hard time reading the cue cards she had in front of her. I didn't mind the Why Guy doing the schtick in commercial breaks,but she really was wretched. I actually pity season ticket holders for having to suffer through her for 42 games...

I could be wrong, but I think that she's one of the WGR 550 girls. Horrible. I feel bad because she's just a young girl that probably doesn't deserve the beat down, but she is BAD! and I know the Why Guy was a staple, but I hated him too. DON'T NEED GIMMECKS TO WATCH HOCKEY.

The main problem with her is that she is very annoying. I can understand her purpose. Pimping the new jersey and running the stupid "kiss cam" and "dance cam". Basically she is fighting a losing battle right from the get go. But most of her job is to get the crowd going and as people have already stated it is not necessary. If you want to get the crowd into a lather start replaying historic sabres goals, hits and saves on the scoreboard. Either mix in music or gives us jeanerette's play by play with it. That WILL get the crowd going.

I could be wrong, but I think that she's one of the WGR 550 girls. Horrible. I feel bad because she's just a young girl that probably doesn't deserve the beat down, but she is BAD! and I know the Why Guy was a staple, but I hated him too. DON'T NEED GIMMECKS TO WATCH HOCKEY.

I don't like the Why Guy either. He comes across as a pompous ass. If I had to choose between the two, I'd give the girl a chance.

That being said, she needs to get up to speed quick. It shouldn't be an "on the job" training program.

I think the In-House Marketing Dept. officially jumped the shark when they had a severed paws Sabretooth playing the guitar last year.

Remember the good ol' days in the Aud, when you actually had to make conversation with the company you kept after a whistle? They barely let the poor organ player have at it anymore. If that chick stays, I'm bringing a flask.

I don't like the Why Guy either. He comes across as a pompous ass. If I had to choose between the two, I'd give the girl a chance.

That being said, she needs to get up to speed quick. It shouldn't be an "on the job" training program.

I got a not "No one likes you" chant going for the Why Guy last year. Maybe I'm the reason he's gone. :D

"The Girl" was at the open practice as well on Thursday, which I attended, and while I thought she was reasonably hot, her voice and constant stuttering was more than enough to overcome any feelings of attractiveness.

I'm pretty sure that "The Girl" is Laura Voigt, the WGR Ball Girl. Check out the pic here... http://www.wgr550.com/extras/photos/200512...es/party_06.jpg

Archived