Up close and personal observation of the new jersey

LabattBlue

I know a new topic on this will piss off somebody, but here goes anyways...

I was in the Sabres store yesterday and got an up close and personal look at the away game white jersey. They didn't have any of the home or retro jerseys.

What the F*** is up with all the silver in the jersey(around the slug and other places)? In summary...Instead of blue & GOLD and an updated version of the original logo, we get blue, YELLOW & SILVER with a slug. Quinny said to give it a chance until the entire package was unveiled and now that I've seen it in person I can only say...IT STILL SUCKS!! :angry: :angry:

A new thread is warranted -- it's a new angle. Some (most?) of us have not seen the jersey in person.

I just don't agree that one jersey thread makes sense. If it does, why not one Ryan Miller thread for running commentary this season on his play? Hell, why have multiple threads at all? Just one Buffalo Sabre thread should do.

A new thread is warranted -- it's a new angle. Some (most?) of us have not seen the jersey in person.

I just don't agree that one jersey thread makes sense. If it does, why not one Ryan Miller thread for running commentary this season on his play? Hell, why have multiple threads at all? Just one Buffalo Sabre thread should do.

I think we should have one master thread where we talk about everything.

If you think bitching in a forum will stop the jerseys from staying, you're mistaken.

It's all gonna come down to $ and cents. If people buy them, they stay. If they don't, they go.

So you're saying i shouldn't have bought an AWAY miller, kotalik, briere, kalinin, campbell, drury, afinogenov, biron, HOME roy, pominville, vanek, gaustad, peters, numminen, and RETRO smehlik?

If its about the $$, maybe i should can the gaustad Home and get a RETRO HOME bodger?

bitch and moan people - it worked for the Isles...it didn't take too long for them to ditch the fish sticks...that was an ever worse design that the Suggalo.

Most of all - don't buy the new crap - that will make a difference.

There is only one problem with that strategy. The Islander fans bitched when the Gorton's fish guy replaced the Islanders ORIGINAL LOGO. We're one logo removed from the original. so the time to play that card would have been in '96 when the goathead was revealed. I personally don't mind the new look. The key to seeing whether or not the slug takes off will be how many of the new sweaters we see in January, after everyone has gotten their Christmas gifts. I'll be suprised if HSBC Arena isn't chock-full of fans wearing the new logo at that point.

There is only one problem with that strategy. The Islander fans bitched when the Gorton's fish guy replaced the Islanders ORIGINAL LOGO. We're one logo removed from the original. so the time to play that card would have been in '96 when the goathead was revealed. I personally don't mind the new look. The key to seeing whether or not the slug takes off will be how many of the new sweaters we see in January, after everyone has gotten their Christmas gifts. I'll be suprised if HSBC Arena isn't chock-full of fans wearing the new logo at that point.

Odd that they still don't seem to have the third jersey available for sale yet... :lol:

You can wear the slug, or nothing, your choice. Oh well, I guess there is always ebay.

If you think bitching in a forum will stop the jerseys from staying, you're mistaken.

It's all gonna come down to $ and cents. If people buy them, they stay. If they don't, they go.

And if you think bitching in a forum about people who bitch about the jerseys will stop us from bitching, you're mistaken.

What I meant to say was you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up the butchers' a$$...no wait, its gotta be YOUR bull...

I know a new topic on this will piss off somebody, but here goes anyways...

I was in the Sabres store yesterday and got an up close and personal look at the away game white jersey. They didn't have any of the home or retro jerseys.

What the F*** is up with all the silver in the jersey(around the slug and other places)? In summary...Instead of blue & GOLD and an updated version of the original logo, we get blue, YELLOW & SILVER with a slug. Quinny said to give it a chance until the entire package was unveiled and now that I've seen it in person I can only say...IT STILL SUCKS!! :angry: :angry:

I think we should have one master thread where we talk about everything.

hilarious.

p.s. i was mildly in support of an area separate from the harbour club for jersey posts -- but i've heard the business of transferring existing jersey threads would be a pain in the neck.

Separate but equal, I suppose? :)

I really don't like the idea of dedicated forum for jersey talk. It smacks too much of when the president comes to town and they herd the protestors into a pen five miles away from where he's speaking.

I don't like it! (Said like that old Dana Carvey SNL character "the angry old man.")

FWIW, I just came home with2 sweet t-shirts - a yellow one and a blue one with the original logos on them. Very nice. One was from the Sabres store and one was from Laux.

The people at Laux said the new logo was selling "well" and when pressed he said that "well, they are certainly selling better than last year."

I thought it was faint praise, IMHO.

Just need to vent...

For this "awful" logo, it's funny and people can't stop buying it. Come to an open practice and notice the "slug" on many fans.

and don't get me started on this "horrid" jersey that they can't quite keep on the shelves. You say it's ulgy and terrible yet the only one the store had was the away jersey. I'm sure that the lack of the home jersey was not due to the store not ordering it but to people buying them so quickly.

One thing that everyone loved about the Sabres last year is the they played for the emblem on the front of their sweater not the name on the back. Why this year do we expect greatness from them but we wont stand behind what they are wearing? They don't have the choice and neither do we, so suck it up and support the sabres for what they are and who they stand for, all their fans and each other!

Why this year do we expect greatness from them but we wont stand behind what they are wearing?

Because we love the team and would like something better than that crappy Logo.

Believe it or not, most people are perfectly capable of making a distinction between the

team and what they wear.

I think it is an aesthetic abortion. That's why. So I don't want one and won't buy one. Get it?

I have been emotionally invested in this franchise for over 3 decades - that's not going to change.

Were you going for smarmy? If so you nailed it w/in 10 posts. :P

Just need to vent...

For this "awful" logo, it's funny and people can't stop buying it. Come to an open practice and notice the "slug" on many fans.

and don't get me started on this "horrid" jersey that they can't quite keep on the shelves. You say it's ulgy and terrible yet the only one the store had was the away jersey. I'm sure that the lack of the home jersey was not due to the store not ordering it but to people buying them so quickly.

One thing that everyone loved about the Sabres last year is the they played for the emblem on the front of their sweater not the name on the back. Why this year do we expect greatness from them but we wont stand behind what they are wearing? They don't have the choice and neither do we, so suck it up and support the sabres for what they are and who they stand for, all their fans and each other!

My ability to root for the Sabres on their way to the Cup has nothing to do with me having to "stand behind what they are wearing". Does it make me less of a fan if I don't buy into the slug?

I'll buy my fair share of Sabres merchandise this year and in future years, but none of it will be slug related.

Why this year do we expect greatness from them but we wont stand behind what they are wearing? They don't have the choice and neither do we, so suck it up and support the sabres for what they are and who they stand for, all their fans and each other!

Yea so I guess the rest of us should just bend over and take it like many of you have decided to do. Eff that. I knew that most of you would give in because its either "a lost cause" to you or you're just trying to tell yourself it looks good because it makes you feel better. Whatever, I don't need to buy a slug to support this team, and if anyone else still wants to defeat this abomination then like others have said, you gotta him 'em where it hurts and thats financially. If you really don't like the jersey then don't give in to buying it just because it's what they're wearing this year, you gotta stay vigilant

Yea so I guess the rest of us should just bend over and take it like many of you have decided to do. Eff that. I knew that most of you would give in because its either "a lost cause" to you or you're just trying to tell yourself it looks good because it makes you feel better. Whatever, I don't need to buy a slug to support this team, and if anyone else still wants to defeat this abomination then like others have said, you gotta him 'em where it hurts and thats financially. If you really don't like the jersey then don't give in to buying it just because it's what they're wearing this year, you gotta stay vigilant

Or maybe we just don't care. Thats the problem I've seen from so many of the complainers here, they think there's only two sides, love it or hate it.

Archived