Up close and personal observation of the new jersey

LabattBlue

So we either have to love or hate the jerseys? I'm glad I'm not living in the same world you do.

Well I think that's basically what it comes down to, because if you believe the only way to get the jerseys changed is to hit them where it hurts (in the wallet), then you are either going to be a person that buys the jerseys or a person that doesnt. So in that sense, there is no middle of the road. That's all I'm saying.

Well I think that's basically what it comes down to, because if you believe the only way to get the jerseys changed is to hit them where it hurts (in the wallet), then you are either going to be a person that buys the jerseys or a person that doesnt. So in that sense, there is no middle of the road. That's all I'm saying.

Sadly, it comes down to that, and I think that the Sabres, Rbk, the NHL - whoever is behind the lousy logo design - is banking on fans saying "well, I don't like the logo, but I really like the jersey, so I'll buy some stuff anyway."

I would love to see Sabres fans just outright reject this logo and force some sort of redesign, but I am afraid that there are a lot of fans who softened once they saw the jersey design and just want one to "be cool" or "be a real fan" or some other reason.

Sadly, it comes down to that, and I think that the Sabres, Rbk, the NHL - whoever is behind the lousy logo design - is banking on fans saying "well, I don't like the logo, but I really like the jersey, so I'll buy some stuff anyway."

I would love to see Sabres fans just outright reject this logo and force some sort of redesign, but I am afraid that there are a lot of fans who softened once they saw the jersey design and just want one to "be cool" or "be a real fan" or some other reason.

I know that's why I bought mine. I wanted to be cool.

as I stated in another post but I fear it wasn't read by anyone...

The uniforms look good with one exception... the slug. The colors look great in person, absolutely great... but unless you are within 10 feet of the logo, you have no idea what it is. From our seats (which were great) we couldn't tell it was supposed to be a buffalo head streak thing. It looked like a yellow smear with a blue spot on it, seriously, it's horrible. The exec's obviously never got more than 10 feet away from this thing to see what it would look like because it is horrid.

as I stated in another post but I fear it wasn't read by anyone...

The uniforms look good with one exception... the slug. The colors look great in person, absolutely great... but unless you are within 10 feet of the logo, you have no idea what it is. From our seats (which were great) we couldn't tell it was supposed to be a buffalo head streak thing. It looked like a yellow smear with a blue spot on it, seriously, it's horrible. The exec's obviously never got more than 10 feet away from this thing to see what it would look like because it is horrid.

I think there are a lot of great, coherent, non-whining posts about the logo change that have been skipped over by a lot of people, b/c its easier to label the posters as whiners or complainers and instead move on to the more obvious "bitching about the new logo" posts & threads.

New member here (first post). And since I don't want to start *another* thread on the new jersey since it's apparently been talked to death, I'll jump in here.

I was born and raised in Cheektowaga. I don't live in Buffalo anymore; my wife's health has us living in enemy territory (Fort Worth, near Dallas). The start of the hockey season snuck up on me, but I'll be watching most of the Sabres games on DirecTV.

Anyway, it dawned on me that the new season must be just around the corner, so I went to BuffaloSabres.com and OMG! New uni's!

My comments: The logo sux but better than the Satanic Goat Head. The colors are fine. Really. They're not quite old school enough to give me goose bumps, but they are good enough to get me excited. And having old school as the third jersey kind of makes sense. I would love to have it back full time, but I'll take what I can get.

I like the numbers on the front; interesting touch and I think the Sabres will be trend setters there.

In short, not everything I would have wanted, but a decent compromise. If they add crossed sabres under the chest logo, I'd be pretty much as satisfied as can be, short of going back to the original logo. I wouldn't be surprised to see this added down the road.

Anyway, since the uniform issue has been talked about already I'll just leave it at that and move on. Looking forward to the Sabres finally winning a cup this year!!!!

I like the new logo just because it pisses everyone off so much and they believe that (because they are the majority :rolleyes: ) that if they convince everyone to not buy it we will force the evil Quinn to go back to the old jerseys or a redesign of the old logo (which will still probably piss off everyone)

There are some people who could care less what the logo or jersey look like as long as the team is winning.

I can't wait to see the Stanley Cup Banner being raised to the rafters next year to remain forever in HSBC arena with "a giant slug" logo on it.

Archived